It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: DONATIONS NEEDED! D:

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Yup, things are looking dark as we slip in to the red, your money is needed or the forum and the Minecraft server shall be no more. :'(

Send whatever beans and pennies you have to this Paypal account: [email protected]

Also, to shamelessly rip from Skillers' old post, when you go into Paypal, chose send money and then set the reason to "Personal - Personal Payment Owed". When set to a personal reason it doesn't seem to charge fees..

Take a look here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?cmd=_display-fees. It works for Personal transactions with accounts tied to a bank account.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: DONATIONS NEEDED! D:

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
sent what i can spare. not much though sorry :(
also the personal payment thing has never worked for me D:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
McWill wrote:
sent what i can spare. not much though sorry :(
also the personal payment thing has never worked for me D:

<3 Thank you.

Also, I think the personal payment thing works if paypal takes out of your account via direct debit, whereas with debit/credit card there are fees.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
I'll send some money tomorrow to help keep the forums alive, not interested in the minecraft server as imo that should be done amongst people who actually play the game - not through the forums as such.

It can't cost that much surely to run the forums D:. and isn't there loads of free web hosting placey shiz anyway?

But it's come to the time when should be considering what's worth what in my honest opinion. This community has had a very good run and the forums are worth saving. But I dunno, I'm tired of people whining and bickering over pathetic shit all the time. Like LAN, some people don't even seem bothered about TCHS anymore so it's just wtf lol.

For example, can't go on tf2 without moaning about maps/vote/classes/you name it.

I play tf2 to have a laugh with will and joke around but seriously some people need to grow the <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> up. Especially as you contribute nothing to this community apart from your constant unrelenting whining.

But yeh, I'm aware this is very off topic. But forums are very important to save and we should all explore any avenues available.

As for minecraft, surely if 10 regs are there they're willing to chip in say £1 each to run that ...

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:54 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
p.s. give me positive karma <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING>.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

nps Si.

Wynney wrote:
p.s. give me positive karma <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING>.

no

but i agree with the post above that one for the most part.
its the forums that i'd like to keep alive also.

@ moaning about classes - its there fault when they chose pyro >:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:04 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney, the reason I mentioned the Minecraft server is because both the forum and the Minecraft server run from the same server box. When it goes they both go. :(

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:04 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
If you can suggest a decent web host that is cheap, has decent web space (at least a few GB), decent bandwidth limits (at least 20GB), allows us to host multiple domains on the same account and doesn't have any limits on "no more than X files or no files greater than X size" then I am perfectly ok to switch to that.

(Also Wynney, a similar message is also on the Minecraft Server, I'm not just trying to get the people who read the forum to help pay, really most of the cost is probably MC and yeah, I'm focusing on some of them helping too.)

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Si wrote:
really most of the cost is probably MC

took me a while to make sense of that sentence rofl ><

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
You have received 20 (twenty) Pound.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:10 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
YOU HAS RECEIVED £100

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:15 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Duckman has saved day?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I am a prime example of winning via failure.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

The image was taken moments before his alien-hand-syndrome-induced hand throttled his face repeatedly.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Suokalmukki
Like i have been talking before, to split minecraft server from the same VPS that forums are,
me and my friend are willing to pay 3 euros a month for a server( mind sound quite a low ammount ^^' , but lets put it this way, Roxservers have a minecraft server 12 slots for 15euros a month, 3 more people to pay monthly 3 euros(2.6 British pounds) and thats it :)

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Sounds good to me! There's a thread discussing all of this here: http://www.techious.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6205 :)

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

is the paypal address still valid? :@

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

I believe so.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:36 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
How much money would I have to donate to see Si do the Thriller dance?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:20 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I just donated :@ can anyone confirm that this actually worked :@

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
brataccas wrote:

So much angry face from Bratty, where's the love Brat? :(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

brataccas wrote:

Only Si or anyone with access to the account can answer this question.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail