It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: The new Minecraft thread

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Wow, some impressive construction there!

Metty, that isn't a texture, it's a mod. Kinda makes me wish Mojang would bundle some of the graphics mods people have been making, and add native support for high res texture packs; MC can look REALLY nice with those, even the high res texture packs make it look so much better (I used a 64x64 "faithful" texture pack at one point - the textures were the same as default, just smoother).

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:34 am 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Minecraft 1.8 has leaked early. I've not tried it yet, I'm waiting for it to be properly updated.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/minecraft.jar
http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/min ... server.jar

Have fun.

BTW, this is leaked by jeb, so is 100% legit, not dangerous and is been done for bug testing. (Beta of a beta, lol)

Personally, I'm going to wait a bit longer, atleast 1.9, to play again so the adventure stuff is a bit more complete.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:56 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
I'll just wait for official release tbh :/

We could reset the server again maybe :P

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It would be worth it - the terrain gen has been completely overhauled - now has much bigger and more interesting biomes and other features (villages, ruins, ravines, rivers, abandoned mines).

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:27 pm 

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mini-rennac
You could see what happens on my server with the Update tomorrow. We are definitely restarting it and starting totally new should be quite fun. Have you seen the videos of all the new features? They look very good.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Where does one obtain the new 1.8 server and client files?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

azcn2503 wrote:
Where does one obtain the new 1.8 server and client files?

Skillers wrote:
http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/minecraft.jar
http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/min ... server.jar

Have fun.

BTW, this is leaked by jeb, so is 100% legit, not dangerous and is been done for bug testing. (Beta of a beta, lol)

Personally, I'm going to wait a bit longer, atleast 1.9, to play again so the adventure stuff is a bit more complete.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:57 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Thanks. Will set this up at work.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:28 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I think it'd probably be worth resetting it. Some idiot (on the Whitelist so I'm probably to blame) has removed all the torches from the main transfer tunnel and who knows what other damage they've caused. :(

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It's worth resetting purely for the new terrain features, really.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:58 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Lord Metritutus wrote:
I think it'd probably be worth resetting it. Some idiot (on the Whitelist so I'm probably to blame) has removed all the torches from the main transfer tunnel and who knows what other damage they've caused. :(

I went to check that, there is still a lot of tunnels, however I believe there are some explosion holes from creepers in there and lumps of track are missing. I am sure Si can make a copy of the save file though if anyone is desperate for it :P

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

DHR-107 wrote:
Lord Metritutus wrote:

I went to check that, there is still a lot of tunnels, however I believe there are some explosion holes from creepers in there and lumps of track are missing. I am sure Si can make a copy of the save file though if anyone is desperate for it :P

One of the explosion holes is my fault, as I got badly hurt by creepers in the dark tunnel.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Minecraft 1.8 is out. :D

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:54 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

When will bukkit work with 1.8? @Si ;)

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I would imagine quite quickly, the Bukkit devs actually get access to private pre release builds these days.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:27 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

To be fair, I think that it's safe to say that we all got the pre release a few days early ;D

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

They had it before then. That was really a public pre release, not a private.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:02 am 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I lol'd.

How much more was done on the server last night before I had to go? Did you make use of all the resources I mined? I left an iron pick in the chest and very nearby I exposed some diamond ore for you to mine...

Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
Since the forum doesn't auto thumb, i'll just link to the post i made on another forum;

Click Here.

So, your thoughts?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Your minecart track, I can't see any booster rail on it, you're not using old cart based boosters are you? They don't work anymore.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:41 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
The track is not yet finished, digging up all the gold for the boosters is going to take quite a while.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Ah, fair enough, i just saw your comment in the post about boosters not working and getting stuck.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:48 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Ogris wrote:
The track is not yet finished, digging up all the gold for the boosters is going to take quite a while.

That is one nasty looking texture pack... Interesting to see what you'll end up building though :)

Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
I'm thinking about joining up and building a giant sign saying "C U FISH > < >" with a brother sign saying "FISH KILL! > <(('>". How long/hard will it be to make?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next