It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Server Migration - Keeping You Up To Date

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
As you may know, quite a lot of changes are goung around here. One of the largest changes is the moving of our server from the current system where we host all Techious services on one server, to a more distributed service, with the aim of having similar services with a lower cost.

Well, after much planning and a lot of crossing fingers, we are finally at the stage when all the changes are going to happen. Throughout the next few days (between now and Sunday) services will be moved from our current server to the servers that will now host Techious content. This will happen in a few stages, wtih the aim of making it as seemless as possible (for 99% of things you won't even notice) but here is a rough timetable for events (no timings, just an idea on what will happen in what order)

New server set up
Web server (only) moved to new server, with DNS update. Both servers will serve from the same database at this point.
Create new TF2 Server, point old one as a referer to the new IP
Move MySQL server to new server, at which point the old server will not function
Move Mumble server.
New Minecraft Servers
Setting up of new STV/MC system
Other websites moving
Server hard drive erasing, ready for final shut down.

(This list will be tweaked soon to reflect what will happen and what changes may be made to schedule as we move)

The next post from me will contain a URL that will basically allow you to keep track of the changes, but as I am currently on a train at the moment, writing this page is not possible.

We thank you for putting up with things in this weird pre-move stage, and I hope that what we get will be better for all our commuity members.

Thanks,
Si (and Staff)

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:03 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Server Migration - Keeping You Up To Date

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

New Server wrote:
HI

It appears that your VPS was a bad build. We've deleted this and re-created a working VPS for you

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well I guess we're at the other end. Mumble users, please now connect to mumble.techious.com on the default port.

Also, could everyone who reads this thread, just do a pointless reply so I know you've read it and can get on the new server.
Thanks

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:39 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
It's asking for a password, as is the original mumble.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:53 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Try now aaron

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:11 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Yarrrr!!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Awesome (as you can probably guess, this means my issues have gone now too :P)

Is mumble being hosted not on the VPS then?

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:47 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Si wrote:
Also, could everyone who reads this thread, just do a pointless reply so I know you've read it and can get on the new server.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Can get.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
As requested by the new Cookie Master, I am typing a pointless post to confirm that I have read what he's put and am currently on the new server chatting up Aaron (giggity).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail