It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Screenshot Program

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

So I got bored, spent about 4 hours writing this (even though it looks like a few buttons and a few different windows :/

Download Link 1

Download Link 2

If the first link doesn't work, the second will. (First link is the same download file, just the hot link as opposed to going to the 2shared website but I don't know if that will expire).

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:38 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Screenshot Program

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The first link is dead as you say. What is this exactly anyway? Got any screenshots?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's a program that will take a screenshot, and save it to C:/ScreenShots/.
It is button activated, but will have keyboard functionality as soon as I figure out keyboardEvents.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:28 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
IIRC KeyboardEvents only work within an active window. Some don't, but I can't remember the specifics.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

That could be quite a bugger then.
I'll try to find a work around or somethings.

My dad has broke the cable thats in the garden Whig connects us to the web, and Virgin are sending someone round tomorrow.

I've updated the code to make directories which have been specified, can't upload that yet though.

Si, does Jave have built in support to automatically get the desktop location? It varies from OS and user account name, so it seems pretty impossible.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Just at a guess, you may be able to use a system/environment variable (type set in cmd to check) such as %userprofile% or %homedir% or something like that.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Java has its own enironment variables that you can read, just google "java find home directory"

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Okay thanks, Si.
I'll be able to do it when I get my pc working again.
I just need one of those magical xp discs so I can repair MAG WINDHOW$

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail