It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Hey

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I played this game recently.

It's free-to-play now, but still has the same old restrictions as it did before if you don't have a subscription. The difference is that you can now play on any server that you want. If you previously had a trial account, recruit-a-friend enabled trial account, or an old subscription and want to get back in to the game, you can just log in using your old credentials and get straight back on to your old characters. However, if you were kitted out, you probably won't be now - free accounts are limited so that they cannot use any Legendary or Fabled gear. This includes Mastercrafted Legendary and Mastercrafted Fabled, although normal Mastercrafted is allowed and will get you through most game-content without any issues whatsoever (especially the higher level Mastercrafted gear).

If you get a subscription at something like either £8.50 or £9 (with recurring monthly 'subscription' now optional but coming with the additional bonus of 500 Station Cash per month) then all of these restrictions are removed. You get to play all 25 classes and 19 races or whatever there is. Yeah there are 25 classes now... They added the Beastlord, a classic from the original EQ game. They have a vastly different play-style but require the purchase of the latest expansion pack (Age of Discovery) which costs about £16 if you purchase it through the in-game Marketplace. I think... Not sure.

Anyway the jump in power recently is ridiculous. I can solo many zones that used to require a tank and a healer on my Illusionist who wears cloth armour. I can 2-box to provide myself with a crazy amount of buffs, and due to the new expansion pack I can 'hire' 2 healer mercenaries so that I rarely ever take damage or die. They're quite expensive to maintain but because of the content they are allowing me to run through... I am finding Master level spells (Fabled quality) in the level 90 zones, which easily sell for upwards of 30 plat (a mercenary costs 5p to hire and 25g every 30 minutes to maintain) so I obviously make my money back very quickly. I found 5 master spells in one day.

I can also queue up for dungeon finder groups by myself now. It's exploitative but it works! I can just keep running the same zones over and over without incurring an 18-hour zone lockout.

The dungeon finder is being improved in the next game update, and they are adding more mercenaries to the game soon - I'm quite excited about them adding a warder healer, as currently they only provide you with reactive healers (Templar and Inquisitor, I run with both at the moment). When they do add these, I'll run with Defiler and Inquisitor.

That's if I keep my subscription active... I'm very short of money this month.

Here is a video of my Illusionist in my old gear, with my Troubador when it was really gimp with terrible buffs, annihilating some content from a few expansion packs ago:

Watch this video on Youtube.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:41 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Hey

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

So basically your indestructible character you made a while back really is indestructible now. :P

Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Yes :)

Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Seems a bit cheaty, new post, old video :/

Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I could upload a new version with my current gear and my Troubador using all the Master level buffs with the new gear, and 2 mercenaries. It would be stupidly fast.

Hmm actually. Did you ever do Library? I could upload a video of all the named kills in there instead.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:46 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I can't remember. Was that the one with the Eyes that repop really quickly?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Hmm that was Runnyeye which is a 35-40 sort of zone whereas Library is an 85+ zone :)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Watch this video on Youtube.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:36 am 
 Profile E-mail  

The enemies in that video seemed to die rather fast. :P

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:47 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I'm too good at this game lol

Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail