It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: GU57 Preview

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Hey guys

I went on test server and did some testing, to find out what the new UI and game features are like.

It's pretty nice :)

I got screenshots:

Character creation, starting zone selection, etc:

GFay looks different, so does the UI:

The map highlights a 'hint' area to tell me where I need to go for this quest.

Lots of hotbars:

A toon I copied over. I noticed something - I have a 2-handed appearance weapon but I actually have my 1-handed fabled equipped:

Dispel Magic changed to Absorb Magic. Very handy!

This is what happens when you press C:

Oxdaxius for lols:

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:01 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: GU57 Preview

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not exactly the widest range of classes, isn't that 6 wizards? (eg, mana dependant with low(ish) health)

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I clicked on Mage first :) Wizard, Warlock, Illusionist, Coercer, Conjuror and Necromancer.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

This update is going live tomorrow. If I get a chance to log on I will take a few screenshots of the changed UI and a few videos of new spell effects on my toons.

The spell effects have been changed so that there are generally less particles and less animation. Basically they gimped it, but it does run very smooth. Actually, it kinda feels like a completely different game. I'm sure it will run on older PC's now though.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

They changed something yesterday...

Sounds COOL TBH!

Quote:
We are updating, optimizing and standardizing every class spell visual in the game. AA and Entertainment spells are next on the list and will be revealed in a later game update.

The purpose for these changes are primarily to optimize and individualize as many spells as possible so there will be more uniqueness to each class. Also we would like for more players to have the ability to keep the spell FX active during group and raid content and still be able to tell what is going on.

We analyzed the text and effects of each spell and made every effort to standardize the type of damage being done or the type of buff, heal, summon, etc. Also since we picked a single name for the spells instead of getting a new name with every spell upgrade, we tried to give the spell a visual that not only matched the damage done, but also the name of the spell.

When you start a new character you will have Apprentice spells. This spell tier along with Journeyman will have a beginner level of FX in both size and quantity. Later when you acquire Adept or Expert versions of the spells the level of FX will increase. Finally when you acquire Master and Grandmaster versions of the spells you will experience the full FX force of that spell.

One of the unique features of spells in EverQuest II is the leveling of spell skills. As you cast destructive spells your skill in Disruption increases. Healing spells increase Ministration. Buff and debuff spells increase Ordination and Crowd Control and Summon spells increase Subjugation (see figure a in the forums under TEST UPDATE NOTES). Other than the chat window there was no real indication which spells increased which status. Therefore we created the spell wheel. Mages, Bards and Priests will see the spell wheel spin while casting and the corresponding Rune will show up when that skill is used. Casting runes will all emanate from the caster’s feet as part of their traditional casting rings.

Finally we set up Icons for the various other buffs in the game to show players when they are getting an increase or decrease to Intelligence, Wisdom, Focus, etc. (see figure b in the forums under TEST UPDATE NOTES)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:30 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Not looking good:

http://www.massively.com/2010/08/23/the ... #continued

Quote:
After a brief day's delay, the patch hit last Wednesday and proceeded to generate what passes for an uproar in the veteran EverQuest II community.

Quote:
Now, lest anyone think the Tattered Notebook is merely a mouthpiece for Sony Online Entertainment, it's worth pointing out that GU57 does come with the requisite annoyances. Most damning are the new spell effects, and wow do they well and truly suck. Allow me to take a brief moment to properly express my displeasure:

W. T. F.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail