It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Cool combat mechanics and buffs

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
After playing on my Brigand for a while last night (now Level 77 with 156AA) I decided that I would have a little break... and play on my Illusionist who is currently Level 59 I think.

I grouped with a Shadowknight (Level 72 mentored down to 43), Jyzz my Dirge (Level 61 mentored down to 43) and my dummy Recruit a Friend account toon called Lolmezi who I am currently powerleveling like a beast (just so that I can get the buffs). Lolmezi is the Level 43. Got to 46 by the end of the night though.

Illusionists have great group utility. I gave my tank 25% double attack, 51% haste (attack speed increase), and also a buff that procs additional damage 49% of the time a spell is cast on an enemy. I also cast Spellshield which gives the tank a few chances at reflecting spells back at the enemy. I also have mad power regeneration so we could go all night... I also cast Time Compression on my Shadowknight which makes his abilities refresh and reuse a lot faster (like they are in a time warp or something - it's a serious DPS boost but cannot be cast on myself :()

The Dirge provided a lot of other buffs including increased auto-attack damage (DPS modifier), and a 17% chance to proc additional disease damage after any melee attack. It provided a nice parry buff so the Shadowknight blocked more often. I also have a situational buff called Cacophany of Blades that increases haste by about 50% again, interrupts any target attacked with a melee weapon and also does guaranteed disease damage on each hit in addition to the usual hit. The dirge also provided 7.5% additional critical chance on all spells and melee damage and a constant 8% faster casting speed to all abilities. Dirge also provided about 55% additional runspeed which is nice.

The Troubador provided awesome buffs for myself, including increased casting abilities, further increased haste constantly for all group members by about 20%, increased defense skills so attacks are evaded more often... and a really REALLY nice one called Aria of Magic which I have at the Grandmaster skill level - it has a 51% chance to proc additional damage after any spell cast by any group member.

The Shadowknight also provides some cool buffs but I am not familiar with them at all, apart from Death March - a cool ability which makes you cast and recover rediculously fast for about 10 seconds, and it refreshes for another 10 seconds after you kill an enemy. It lasts indefinitely but you're guaranteed to run out of power at some point...

I forgot to mention one other buff the Dirge provided - increase proc rate by 10% on top of additional proc rate... so instead of Aria of Magic going off 51% of the time, it was 56% of the time. The Dirge melee buff instead of 17% went off 19% of the time, and the Illusionist spell proc on single target went off 54% of the time instead of 49%.

The Illusionist spell proc buff was cast on me and on my Shadowknight friend.

Needless to say, we did not need a healer running through the Temple of Cazic Thule.

Every attack proc'd some kind of additional damage, it was CRAZY! I'll grab a geeky pie chart of the damage done if you really want me to. You don't though.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:25 am 
 Profile E-mail