It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Huden - Aaron's Second Warden

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
OK so I made another Warden.

Most people say this is totally pointless, but I've made another Warden for one reason - to kick ass in PVP and see my main class from a different perspective.

For those that don't know - the Warden is pretty much the most awesome healer in the game. Even the people play as Warden's don't realise just how much they can KICK ASS when given the correct gear and some achievement points here and there... OK, so the achievement points basically dictate everything to do with melee speccing as a Warden, but hey...

The Warden has an achievement line that allows them to turn their spell casts in to melee strikes. The strike cast times are majorly reduced (from 2s to 0.5s, 4s to 0.5s etc.) and cannot be interrupted in the same way a spell can, but the reuse timers on them are higher (3s up to 8s). This basically means that you need to have pretty decent auto-attack damage, else you might end up dying quite quickly!

Luckily, the end-of-the-line achievement for turning all of your spells in to melee strikes is the ability to make 75% of your melee attacks (whether they be strikes or just auto-attacking) hit for critical damage. It's not a spell; it's a passive ability that is bestowed upon you at all times. This is probably the biggest boost in DPS (Damage Per Second) the Warden will get.

But then there is the Druid STR achievement line. This achievement line is shared with the Fury. Unfortunately, the Fury can't make as good use of it as the Warden can, as the Fury does not have an option to change their spells to strikes!

Every point spent in the STR line is a good one for the melee speccing Warden. The first one increases the Strength stat by 8 points. Therefore you need to have 32 points of Strength in addition to your baseline before continuing. The next one is an extra attack that deals damage to the enemy but also increases your attacking speed, you'll need at least 4 points in this to continue which boosts attacking speed by 25%. The next achievement is juicy... a 5% chance to double-attack on all melee attacks. You'll need at least 20% to continue to the next one, which is similarly juicy; a 4% chance to heal everybody in your group for an amount that I believe scales with your level.

The end ability is an attack that can not be parried, blocked, riposted or evaded and it is called Primordial Strike. It has a recast of just 10 seconds and deals 'moderate' damage. It looks good so far. I believe it scales with your STR statistic.

So this is my goal with my Warden.

Oh, the thing is, I made him evil so I could start in Timorous Deep / Gorowyn to get some half decent low level treasured gear. I'm trying to find the best combination of Strength, Intelligence and Wisdom. Wisdom is most important as it gives me more Power, and this is really helpful to me right now. Intelligence is least important as I intend to melee spec most of the time, but some spells remain as spells so need decent spell damage. Wisdom is most important, again, because at the end of the day I still have AWESOME heal spells, and the more Wisdom I have, the more heals I can cast.

Here are some screenshots of my new Warden:

More information coming later.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:43 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Huden - Aaron's Second Warden

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I present you with this rather awesome image I just made in GIMP. I will provide more details on this character later today.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:45 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
wheres our details >: (

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Maybe in a bit ;) just in the middle of a heritage quest right now.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I didn't have too much time to take screenshots and elaborate, so I made this quick raep video.

Granted - I was taking out an NPC that is 7 levels below me, but with Faeward, this would have taken like a minute -_-

Watch this video on Youtube.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
azcn2503 wrote:
I present you with this rather awesome image I just made in GIMP. I will provide more details on this character later today.

Awesome image Azcn :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Watch this video on Youtube.

Damn.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

LOL

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I've respecced this guys AA's so that he now has a guaranteed 75% melee critical hit chance, and has 5 melee strikes. He can do a lot of damage!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:20 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Shadow wrote:
Awesome image Azcn :)

you know that he only put in the Text >.<

Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Indeed, it was a very cheap image.

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

This character is to be deleted.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
wut why? what happened?

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

The Warden is a versatile class.

I would say that the Warden is the most powerful healer (they have the highest heals per second out of all the healers), but they can also do decent melee damage. Unfortunately, it's either one or the other.

My main Warden (my main character anyway) is Level 70 now. When I get to Level 80, I will obtain what is known as a Mirror of Reflected Acheievements. This mirror will allow me to re-spec my achievement points so I can be either a full-on healer or a full-on melee damage type class with small-time heals. The healer is obviously more valued in groups and raids, but it is difficult to solo when you cannot do any damage.

It would be silly to get 2 Warden's to 80 because they would basically end up being the same.

I think I will make a Ranger now - I want to experience some extreme damage dealing.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
Make a ranger, and then when its 20ish ile quest with you

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I have a Dirge and a Brigand at Lv 18, I also have a Illusionist at Lv 17.

Dirge = Virge
Birgand = Stubble
Illusionist = Mezi

All in the guild.

I might be online tomorrow.

Haven't been online much recently... this weekend has been awful. Back at my parents tonight. Got work at 6:30am tomorrow and probably working til late, so maybe 8pm I will be online.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Fair enough, i got Eluena (Templar up to 18/19) Lunir is 26 but mainly been playing and helping chicken level and get stuff till he helped me.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

I'm looking for a new mmo to whore up for a while, I've played AoC and various trials (I enjoyed the one for guild wars a lot) Would I enjoy everquest?

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

try the trial! and guild wars is good :)

until you finish the story :(

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Didn't know there was one, off i go to find it

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

You can download it from here: http://everquest2.station.sony.com/freeTrial.vm

However, I would recommend NOT using the Station Launcher, and instead sign up through the official EverQuest 2 launcher using this link: http://www.everquest2.com/?reinstall

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:02 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Ok this belongs in a different topic so i'll just PM you Nannal.

oo i'm gonan try to re-work it so i don't have to use station! yay!

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

By the way, this is Faeward in Gorowyn:

Looking up at the vertical city before getting pwned by some 80 Destroyer.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
Hell you dont half get about abit :P i havnt been ontoday cant get on through the update :'(

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

aww hug

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail