It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: The new EQ2 update

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Is amazing. Just saying.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: The new EQ2 update

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

What's new?
I hope they released content this time :3

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:30 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Level increase from 90 to 92.

You now get a prestige point for every 20% of a level after level 90, so you get 10 points at 92. These points give slight gains and have a chance to refresh some abilities.

Massive new overland zone called Withered Lands which is rather... large. And actually packed full of stuff! Over 100 quests in that zone. This is the most impressive thing in the new update -- the amount of time and effort to make this zone shows. It feels like they hired a whole new team to do this zone.

Also a new contested dungeon called Skyshrine, which has solo, duo, heroic, and raid level content for players of all abilities. It includes a challenge mode raid zone also.

All the gear past level 90 is an extreme upgrade, too. I had raid boots from the Sentinel's Fate expansion and they were insta-replaced by the first boots I got from the quests in the new area. It looks like my Destiny of Velious raid gear will be replaced by this quested gear too... as it's just that good. You can check my new boots on my profile. (new boots - old boots)

There's only a few crafting quests to do, but there are new tradeskill apprentices, and they make some of the best gear in the game.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

So I played last night and got an upgrade...

Old: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1605426298

New: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2889038267 (adorned with 2x +27 int)

Just a slight upgrade I guess...

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:39 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I checked these yesterday, and it was a pain to reply on my phone. One of the two were Fabled yesterday, rather than legendary?
And the Conceptual Necklace of Knowledge had 5% spell weapon AE Autoattack chance. I guess things are getting nerfed?

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

When I looted the new necklace, it was Legendary. I took a photo of it actually. The stats are the same today as yesterday.

The boots went from Fabled to Legendary, but the stat gains I get from it are huge. They also have not been nerfed.

And to be honest, anything with 'spell weapon' stats I am going to reforge in to something useful like actual multi-attack or reuse speed. Spell weapon was meant to be mage ranged auto-attack DPS that didn't need to be timed to hit between spells (just goes off all the time) but the amount of damage it does it atrocious... I hit with my melee weapon for about 5k each swing, but spell auto hits for about 500. Enchanters have enhanced melee AA's too so it would make sense for me to reforge any of the spell stuff.

Spell auto might come in more handy if I have to joust out of AOE's in raids or something, but I haven't had to do it in the hard mode raiding so far.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Skyshrine was legit a good expansion.

Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:41 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Well I've seen thread necromancy before, but does this count as entire forum necromancy?

Do you still play EQ2?

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:52 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I dabble every now and then (both with the game and necromancy).

Recent expansions have noticeably less content and polish, and some classes have completely fallen out of play, but it can still be fun for a solo player.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail