It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Engie update has begun

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
http://tf2.com/post.php?id=4026&p=1

First page with info. An intresting shotgun that takes bonus crits from the sentry.

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/

Golden wrench, a super rare item:

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/wrenchlog/

I saw a video of this the other day, it turns people to gold when it gets a kill.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:14 am 

Post Post subject: Re: Engie update has begun

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Hidden page
http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/radigan/

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And so everyone obsessively crafts for the wrench. I crafted and made myself a Fedora, but no wrench. :P

Still, it is...only a wrench after all.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:54 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
i made tokens....i have no idea what im doing

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
mmm not expecting much from this update. lets just hope it wont be as bad as all the rest :)

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

So today we get... the ability to control sentries. Worryingly it also makes them significantly more powerful while doing this, only downside is lack of pistol and a 3 second downtime after stopping control. Seems to favour camping.

Also, achievements:

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupd ... ievements/

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:30 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

also i imagine the engie stands motionless as a sitting duck whilst doing this.

We think they held the wrenchs at 47 for a while then about 1.30 they jumped to 50 :P

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:43 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

update: new secret page :)

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/wrangdigan/

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I really like the Wrangler! It could make for some really interesting strategies...

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:06 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

dave and me agree its OP not only does it have a shield......it has faster firing rate, and unlimited range on weapons. only downside is engie is likely sitting duck but they will just hide behind sentry

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:06 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Hiding behind the sentry will make it difficult for them to shoot ahead of the sentry. The sentry deactivation helps the crafty rogue that wants to stab the engineer in the back - he will have plenty of time to switch to his sapper.

Anyway it's nothing compared to SK's.

Thinking about it - it's limited in it's usefulness. Think about my Teufort strategy where I plonk a sentry up on the sniper deck and spam repairs.. it gets the occasional kill and it distracts the snipers from shooting other people. If I had this new version then I'd need to pop my head out in to the line of fire to shoot people. Even though I can tell it to shoot all the way over the other side, it'll be no good if I fire off maybe one rocket and die.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:45 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i believe the guin make syou see throught the 'eye's of the sentry making you a sitting duck to be attacked

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

That's very cool :)

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

2 new payload maps, one race, one normal it seems.

Also, a funky looking community wrench. I'd guess it does more damage.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:42 am 

Movable sentries.

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupd ... er_photos/

Also, it looks like people who 'exploited' the golden wrench system are actually getting VAC banned.

EDIT:

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/sourceop.htm

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Yeah, one of them was the owner of the TF2 Item Backpack checker thingy...

And damn, ninja'd to the extra photos :/ Moveable Sentries is gonna suck... They are making Engie so overpowered. I don't know about the scalpel ended Wrench though (The one at the bottom of the page with a knuckle duster), Engie seems to be getting quite a few melee Slot weapons :S

Btw, on the maps. We haven't had a payload map with he A B C notation for cap points before... So maybe some dual Payload CP map? Like capping the point activates a points section on the track to allow the Payload to go further?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:04 am 
 Profile E-mail  

DHR-107 wrote:
Yeah, one of them was the owner of the TF2 Item Backpack checker thingy...

He also created the idle program that caused controversy a while back.

DHR-107 wrote:
And damn, ninja'd to the extra photos :/ Moveable Sentries is gonna suck... They are making Engie so overpowered. I don't know about the scalpel ended Wrench though (The one at the bottom of the page with a knuckle duster), Engie seems to be getting quite a few melee Slot weapons :S

Btw, on the maps. We haven't had a payload map with he A B C notation for cap points before... So maybe some dual Payload CP map? Like capping the point activates a points section on the track to allow the Payload to go further?

It's possible, they've not released that much information on the new maps though.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Movable Sentries? Excellent, it's about time that feature was implemented.

And DHR, considering how Underpowered Engineer currently is, I'd say this may just about make him balanced rather than Overpowered. Any class can currently deal with a sentry with little problem. They serve as nothing more than roadblocks to people that can very easily be removed, and I'm not overexaggerating.
Sentries are awesome against bad players who don't know they are there, and are extremely bad at dealing with everything else, including bad players who now know they are there. Being able to move them around and manually direct them is a very good way to decrease the binary natures of sentry guns that might well make Engineer more versatile and less of a static defender.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:18 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Yeah, but does it really need to do double damage and need a 66% damage mitigation to attain that goal? I mean come on man >_> it basically makes a Sentry indestructible because there will likely be another engie repairing it, plus the damage reduction, PLUS it's being controlled by a Human... It takes 3 rockets NOW to kill a Sentry, so make that 5 or 6 and that isn't going to happen with.... Sentries are going to be friggen ridiculous for ages >_>

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:43 am 
 Profile E-mail  

DHR-107 wrote:
Yeah, but does it really need to do double damage and need a 66% damage mitigation to attain that goal? I mean come on man >_> it basically makes a Sentry indestructible because there will likely be another engie repairing it, plus the damage reduction, PLUS it's being controlled by a Human... It takes 3 rockets NOW to kill a Sentry, so make that 5 or 6 and that isn't going to happen with.... Sentries are going to be friggen ridiculous for ages >_>

It loses the automatic targeting ability, the engineer must remain close to it in order to manually target it, and manual targetting is only as good as the aim of the engineer. That's a pretty big nerf to balance the other benefits.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:10 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Again though this is nothing compared to SK's in EQ. I hate to keep bringing it up ya know.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:34 am 
 Profile E-mail  

azcn2503 wrote:
Again though this is nothing compared to SK's in EQ. I hate to keep bringing it up ya know.

It would probably help if any of us who do not play Everquest 2 knew what an SK was.

Anyway, on topic, this is about the Engineer update, not Everquest 2. :P

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I think we'll have to wait and see what the balance is like when implemented.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:14 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Just so you get a feel of what I have to put up with...

SK is Shadowknight.

Hit a SK and they heal themselves and damage you.
Get hit by an SK, they heal themselves.
SK blocks an attack you make, they damage you and heal themselves in addition to potential riposte damage.
No need for them to target you; they have 5 AOE's, 1 strips your buffs. 2 of them have an unlimited number of targets.
Massive damage over time spells - highest DPS'ing class in the game outparsing cloth wearing Wizards and Warlocks, but is also a tank class wearing plate armor.
Every disease based spell they cast heals them.
1 AOE lifetap, 1 direct target lifetap, and 1 mana tap.

Yeah, Engie is nothing on SK!

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Sounds UP TBH, needs buff.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:07 pm