It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: Possible update?

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Some discovered propaganda posters;

http://kotaku.com/5426454/team-fortress ... irit-of-42

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:46 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Sword and Shield, Newspaper and comic

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

DRAGON wrote:

Did you just fail to read my post a couple of posts up? ><

On a side note, this is an interesting theory.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1065363

Harzibolt wrote:
Since Drew Wolf has a M&M lodged in his nose ...

he has to MEET THE MEDIC ?!

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
Meet the medic would be awesome, not quite sure if that's suppose to be a subtle hint though.

New demo weapons are intresting. However I'm dissapointed with Valve:

A fierce temper, a fascination with all things explosive, and a terrible plan to kill the Loch Ness Monster cost the six year old Demoman his original set of adoptive parents. Later, back at the Crypt Grammar School for Orphans near Ullapool in the Scottish Highlands, the boy's bomb-making skills improved dramatically. His disposition and total number of intact eyeballs, however, did not.

The biographys are different. With the one on the trading card being the original and the one from meet the Demoman being ninja edited. Methinks they forgot the demoman killed his own parents and then went and put his mum in a comic. I feel they are kind of forgeting the roots of this game and making up lots of new content that doesn't quite fit with the original! :S

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Not necessarily... they could have abandoned him rather than he killed them. Although Demoman killing his own parents sounds like him.
Or he could have foster parents.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I don't think story continuity is high on Valve's TF2 agenda.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:34 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Skillers wrote:
I don't think story continuity is high on Valve's TF2 agenda.

HL2 yes, TF2 unlikely.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: rebellion935
Theres probably more than one demoman in the TF2 universe, I guess they can avoid the original story by claiming multiple demomen exist. To be honest, the demoman in the comic seems far too calm to be like the one in the meet the video. Ah well, the game was never meant to have a proper story.

Anyway new soldier weapon
Quote:
the Direct Hit has been engineered from the ground up for Soldiers who have mastered the art of shooting at their targets instead of vaguely near them. Those of you looking to deal splash damage, stop reading now: the Direct Hit has a 70% smaller blast radius than a traditional rocket launcher. But the rockets that come out of this thing move fast and hit hard: 80% faster and with 25% more destructive force. Best of all, for you real sharpshooters, the Direct Hit guarantees mini-crits on airborne targets.

http://www.teamfortress.com/soldierupdate/

Awwwww yeah

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:43 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Looks interesting.

Also, more of the Meet the Medic conspiracy...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1067301

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Soldier gets epic weapon, faster projectiles, Mini crits and us Demomen only get a sword and shield.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That weapon sounds awesome, though I will suck with it ><

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:36 pm 

Dominating
Dominating

Harry wrote:
Soldier gets epic weapon, faster projectiles, Mini crits and us Demomen only get a sword and shield.

Soldier has been shown his primary unlock
Demo has been shown his melee and Secondary.

I think someone kind of missed the point... considering its always the secondary and melee unlocks which come under the completely weird, different playstyle type unlocks. All the new rocket launcher is a few tweaks to make it based more on the skill of the player. Also some soldiers will still use the standard rocket launcher for example some soldiers may prefer to use it since they like being able to prefire at corners to stop ambushers and protect their medics from scouts or target groups of enemies. The new rocket launcher will be better at stopping other soldiers and demomen that are in the air and also to combat heavies in situations where the soldier cant hide behind cover.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Yea Moose from Power Gaming (Previously Crack Clan) pretty much invented this weapon I think.

Quote:
I’ll start with the primary Soldier unlockable which is a weapon that pretty much the entire competitive community would like to see. A rocket launcher with faster rockets but with decreased splash damage would make this class a whole lot more interesting to play. At the moment, most high level Soldiers would like to play some other class instead because the low skill ceiling this class has. Playing Soldier don’t have much variety and you’re most often stuck with the task of protecting the Medic or random spam.

The unlockable I’m suggesting would promote the skilled Soldier play, but it wouldn’t be a straight upgrade (like Ubersaw is atm) because spam and splash damage is very important on maps like Well and Granary where there are tight choke points. It wouldn’t make the Soldier overpowered on public servers either. Most ppl seem to think that the Soldier is OP on pubs already but I think this is an unlockable weapon which would only be used by the good players.

You could also add increased damage for airgibs or no ranged damage reduction for direct hits to increase the skill level needed for this weapon. I’m quite sure it would be a balanced new unlockable for both public and clan mathes if we test it thoroughly in the Beta.
Last edited by ze Moose : 08-24-2009 at 02:55 AM.

^-^

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: BartmanTaz
That would not stand up in a court case ><

Voted for and funded by Scottie UK Ltd.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

3 New weapons.

http://www.teamfortress.com/soldierupdate/
The soldiers equalizer.
Quote:

Back when your father and grandfather played Team Fortress 2, being bad at the game was so shameful, they would rage-quit (a lengthy, painful process that involved pulling burning coal from the computer’s furnace). Now, thanks to modern-day updates like these, there’s finally a good excuse. You didn’t misread that sentence: losing is now a strategy.

This melee-slot pickaxe becomes more deadly the more damage you take, letting you move faster and hit harder the more wounds you endure. Get close enough to death, and you will become Death himself.

Note: Pretty much any time we reveal a new weapon, somebody on the forums claims they thought of it first. But this time, assuming it’s Tom Francis and jibberish, they are absolutely correct. As a special thanks to them for doing our work for us, they'll each be getting a unique version of the Equalizer of their very own.

And the Soldiers Buff Banner and Bugle
Quote:
Admit it: Every so often, you suspect you’re carrying your team. But other than rage-quitting, what can you do about it? How about motivating those lazy sons of <FEMALE DOGS> to put on their war face and fight?
Enter the morale-boosting Buff Banner. When this secondary-slot item is equipped, any damage you deal boosts a rage meter that, when full, lets you pull out your bugle and sound a call to war! For the next 14 seconds, every teammate who rallies round your flag will deal mini-crits.

http://www.teamfortress.com/demomanupdate/
Now for the Demomans Scottish Resistance
Quote:

Get your thinking pants on, because the Scottish Resistance is the thinking Demoman's sticky bomb launcher. Trading offensive capability for increased defensive power, the SR can lay down twice as many sticky bombs, as well as destroy enemy sticky bombs.

But hold on, thinking fans—there’s more! The SR lets you detonate specific groups of bombs instead of having to set them off all at once. The SR detonates whichever group of bombs the player is looking at, letting you control which clusters blow, and when. You’ll be able to lay more traps and guard multiple areas at a time.

But all this awesome thinking man stuff comes at a price, just like real thinking. The SR is less useful for air-bursts and close range combat, thanks to longer priming rate (0.4 seconds) per bomb.

The new pickaxe sounds good. The bugle doesn't seem that interesting really but it depends on whether you have to keep the Bugle out to keep the buff, also the fact it replaces the shotgun just doesn't make it worth it really. The new sticky launcher sounds good though, I was looking forward to a new Primary unlock to replace the grenade launcher.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:34 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Reb, bugle from spawn, everyone minicritting

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:03 am 
 Profile E-mail  

They also released the results of the propaganda contest.

http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3253

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:19 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I'm looking foward to trying out these new weapons, and especially to see how they go down with the competitive community.

I like TF2 for its variety in FPS. Hopefully this update will extend the variety further in a sensible way :)

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Soldier wins, victory announced, the spoils of war will help on those new battlefields.

(Soldier gets rocket jump damage reducing shoes as shotty replacement, new CP and CTF maps)

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:33 am 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

hmm, Stop lieing!

There is no update.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:17 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
haven't tried solly or demo.
but the camera beard (H) and Headshot animations are awesome :D

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Harry wrote:
hmm, Stop lieing!

There is no update.

Didn't you shout at me that there was last night?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:30 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

At 1:39, yes.
I had already been on, so there is no update for me when I get home.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Have some bluepints.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:47 pm 

Samosa!
Samosa!

Why didnt I keep the extra weapons I picked up :'(

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail