It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Help meh

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
my graphics card died a few days ago. i needed files off my pc that night so i threw my pc at my friends repair store and told him to just give me the best he had for whatever he found to be broken, he gave me a GTX 560. here is the exact model

i'm getting really poor fps.
re installing the drivers improved this a little bit, it went from 40 fps to 100 on css. On minecraft after about 5mins of play the game starts jumping horribly and becomes unplayable. after a while i get a large fps drop on league of legends also. at the point it starts to die the GPU reaches 57degrees C from the resting 35, my old card was never below 70 and never had any problems with any game.
the rest of my PC is a bit dated, i'm running a Q6600 and have 4gb RAM and a asus P5Q DELUXE mobo.

does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be? i've spoken to a few people in steam and ty for your help. Just thought i'd make a topic so i'm not constantly nagging you :P

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Help meh

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A GTX560 has some pretty nice specs, so it should be running things like CSS/LOL nicely.
Is the fan on it actually spinning during use?

If not, might I suggest putting it in the oven?

Actually, first thing to do. If you're running the 296.10 drivers, find the 295.73 drivers. The 296.10 are known to be bad with that card.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

fan is spinning fine. I changed the PhysX processor to have to use the GPU and i thought that doubled my FPS on css, but when i changed it back to auto i still had 200 xD minecraft <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> up with either. i shall have a look for those drivers ty

EDIT: ok i have those drivers. css getting nice fps (does not go below 160, tends to be over 200) minecraft still gay

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Minecraft is very CPU heavy in general, and often has poor performance even if you should get good performance. Maybe update Java.

Physx will not make any difference except in games which are physx enabled (not many).

As for your main problem, I have no idea.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:48 pm 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

yeah i was not expecting Physx to make a difference, just thought it couldn't hurt to try as i had no other ideas xD

The thing with minecraft though is that i had no problems with my old card which had half the VRAM as this one, my CPU is the same as before so i'm confused. the game just dies after a certain amount of time, it also makes little difference if i stay still or move around for the game to render the absurd objects i've been building :S

Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:56 am 
 Profile E-mail