It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Call diagram / call flow

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Hi

I'm trying to visualise a call flow within my organisation. Our system is very complex, covers different geographic locations, and generally has lots of stuff going on.

For those unfamilar with how the Avaya system routes calls, it goes like this:

VDN: Vector Directory Number - these link to vectors
Vector: These contain 100 lines of logic that tell the call where to go next (route to number between certain hours, play an announcement, wait x number of seconds with music, etc. and can link to other vectors)
Skills: hunt groups that are configured as skill sets. You assign these to agents.
Agents: The people taking calls. The skills denote what types of calls they take.

I had an interesting call from one of our users saying that one of their agents they are responsible for received a call that didn't have a whisper in front of it (something like "this is an incoming customer call" before the call is delivered automatically) - they told me it was against a skill of a certain number.

So I check out this skill and find out its usage. It's used bu two vectors. One of these vectors seems to be out of service as no VDN's link to it. However, one of the vectors is linked to by 8 other vectors, and one of those vectors is also linked to by 8 vectors... And somewhere beyond that is the original VDN.

There is no way to say to the system - show me the paths a call might take to get to this skill (turns out in the end there are only 2 ways to get to it).

I'm thinking of programming something to make it easier for people, like myself, to support users in very complex call handling situations.

Trouble is I think I'd be replicating features built in to the Avaya system that we have, and that perhaps if I spent £10k on some software, I'd be able to produce 'reports' that might be able to do the same sort of thing for me.

If this doesn't exist, how do you think would be best to structure the data? ;)

Something like this perhaps:

VDN (Name, Extension)
VDN_Vector (VDN -> Vector)
VDN_Skill (VDN -> Skill)
Vector (Name, Extension)
Vector_Vector (Vector -> Vector)
Vector_VDN (Vector -> VDN)
Vector_Skill (Vector -> Skill)
Skill (Name, Extension)
Agent (Name, Extension)
Agent_Skill (Agent -> Skill)

Tue May 01, 2012 2:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Call diagram / call flow

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
If nobody's around to take the call, play the "Mental Health Hotline" to them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue May 01, 2012 2:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You could use a flow diagram or Coral MsPaint?

Tue May 01, 2012 2:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A traditional flow diagram would not be appropriate. To list every possibility as part of a static diagram would be redonkulous!

Tue May 01, 2012 2:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

What I'd like the data to be able to support would be to... click a user, see an explosion of skills linked to that agent, which VDN's link to those skills, and which vectors are used by those VDN's.

Tue May 01, 2012 3:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

So what you're trying to create is effectively a map? With regards to your explosion thing, you could perhaps have multiple levels?

Wed May 02, 2012 3:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I think I've figured it out, I have made something for it already, I might be able to post it tomorrow :)

Thu May 03, 2012 12:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Does it involve webtagr?

Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail