It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: My old computer and it's graphical issues

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: toxicsludge94
I haven't posted on here in forever (sorry)

Anyway can anyone advise what I could do about this problem. It's not just Minecraft, this was just an example.

I'm expecting someone to say "buy a new computer".. :P

Thanks! lots and lots of love from Matt :$

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: My old computer and it's graphical issues

Samosa!
Samosa!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

reinstall the grapics card drivers, see if it helps.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:05 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Get off XP?

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Getting off XP is not an option, it's technically my computer.

And I tried reinstalling drivers but nothing seems to work. Hmm...

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

TECHNICALLY NOT MY COMPUTER even.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:23 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Last time I saw graphical artifacts like that, I'd melted a graphics card by turning down the fans. It's possible the GPU may be dying.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Seems to me like some points of polygons aren't rendering. Have you tried Gentoo?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

@Harry I have no idea what that is.

@Met It's probably just dead then.

And you know what else is funny? On computer order summary thing (from 2006, by the way) it says the card is nVidia GeForce 7300 BUT according to the computer it's ATI Radeon X1300. Not really relevant though, they are both terrible :D

Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

toxicsludge94 wrote:
And you know what else is funny? On computer order summary thing (from 2006, by the way) it says the card is nVidia GeForce 7300 BUT according to the computer it's ATI Radeon X1300. Not really relevant though, they are both terrible :D

I'd go and QQ to the person who sold it you, saying you didn't get the correct product and you're pissed.
They're not even the same brand.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Problem is it will be way out of warranty and there's no way of proving it wasn't changed anyway.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:27 pm 

Dominating
Dominating

Yeah i'm about six years too late. Damn Dell!

So basically what you guys are saying is that it's <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> and that I need an upgrade. It's the 'family computer' anyway and i don't want to buy one because it will be a constant distraction for my weak mind.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Matty, download CPU-Z.
Run it, go to the about tab, click "Save Report" as a text file, and throw that onto pastebin.

Then in three to five working days, I can tell you a suitable graphics card!

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail