It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Nintendo Go next gen

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
http://uk.kotaku.com/5795241/nintendo-confirms-wii-successor

So The rumours were right. Nintendo is going to be first out of the blocks for the next console generation a whole two YEARS before Sony and Microsoft. People say it is going to have better specs than the PS3 and 360... Is Nintendo going to return to truley rule the roost this time around?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:09 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Nintendo Go next gen

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
noice

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:47 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Doubt it. They probably care very little about the gamer crowd now they've found they can make boatloads off the family market. as for bringing it out before Sony and MS, it's worth noting that the Wii hardware is very dated anyway (no HD being the big one) and by the time the next MS and Sony consoles come out, this new console will also be behind the times, no matter how powerful they make it.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:52 am 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
As interesting as the next Nintendo console will be, IMO it'll be interesting for a month and then go back to silence just like the Wii currently is. Chances are Nintendo will just continue their ability to shoot themselves in the foot and slowly die. Maybe this won't be their Sega Dreamcast moment, but I can see them heading there.

But what do I know about games, I'm a "wannabe indie game developer" (i.e. I like playing with my hardware, <3 MS for XNA) and not a "family gamer" and therefore Nintendo doesn't give a flying f*ck what I think :P

Apart from that, let's hope Nintendo learn from their mistakes from the Wii architecture...

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The indie thing is quite interesting, the reason SMB isn't on the Wii download store is because they couldn't make it less than the 50MB limit, which I think is quite limiting for that store.

Also, Nintendo won't die, they make tons of money, they're just becoming irrelevant to modern gaming. I haven't heard of a major/interesting release on a Nintendo console for a while, excluding all the series they rehash 5 times per generation.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:08 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
That's more because new and interesting IP's are getting harder and harder to make.

And why would they make new ones? All their established IP's still sell by the shit tonne :/

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, but it makes them mostly irrelevant - they produce the same (admittedly good) games repeatedly. Same reason I don't care about CoD, it's just not interesting.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:25 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I think their franchises make them a strong contender! cant see it as a weakness. Every "rehash" of a franchise they do they always manage to make it different and interesting. They know their console better than any other developer will, so their games are quality. The only reason the Wii had crap loads of shovelware was other developers taking advantage of the fact the wii was easily accessible and could be marketed for a different demographic rather than just hardcore gamers. This kinda took over the whole marketing procedure but tad unfair calling it irrelevant. Im kinda looking forward to this new console and seeing what other innovation they bring. Yeah the wii is outdated now (obv its six years down the line) its reported to be more powerful than the current PS3. Rumors suggest that there will be a HD screen in the controller and for me this is kinda off putting i mean the wii remote is 30 quid to buy extra how much is a controller with a HD screen in it going to cost? Flipping shed loads!! Also apprently nintendo have got rockstar on board to bring GTA to it, maybe launch game?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail