It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Need help plz :D

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
Writing from my iPod ATM as my pc seems to have died.
Sry if this is wrong area.
Was hoping someone may have some idea to what's going on.
Whenever I try to turn on my pc i get the 'windows encounterd an error' etc. Then I get the choice to start windows normally or run in safe mode.... But no matter what I chose the pc resets itself and the same thing happens over and over. I tried booting from the disk but it only takes me to an empty welcome screen. The other error screen suggestion is inserting the windows cd and selecting 'repair pc' option, but I can't seem to find that option :(
Any suggestions would be most welcome.
-mc

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Need help plz :D

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Do you have anything you need on the HDD?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I was hoping I could keep data. But no, I dont need any of it

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Do you have another working PC?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Not here :(
What you thinking? :)

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Harry wrote:

Would he be typing from his iPod if he did? I suspect he doesn't.

Anyway, if memory serves Windows likes to instantly restart whenever it BSOD's by default, so it could be you've got a blue screen of death appearing with useful information that's vanishing before you can read it.

However as you can't get in to Windows via normal boot up or safe mode I'm not sure there's anything you can do about this.

You might be able to boot from CD? Also, what happened before it died? Anything unusual?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

He's tried booting from CD.

I was gonna suggest Reinstalling and wiping the HDD, but before that I was gonna say boot from a liveCD.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Booting from cd gives me a empty welcome screen.
Nothing strange happened. I turned it off last night shortly after you and it wasn't working in the morning :(

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Isn't the repair option accessed from a recovery console? I have vague memories of this. And sorry, hadn't noticed you'd tried the disc. >-<

What's your OS?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Not sure what the edit symbol is for this thing lol. reinstalling is something I've considers. But I don't know how to access the cd xD
It let's me boot from it but not run the cd itself

Vista. And how do I access this console?

EDIT: REMOVED DOUBLE POST

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

McWill wrote:
Sry for double post. Not sure what the edit symbol is for this thing lol. reinstalling is something I've considers. But I don't know how to access the cd xD
It let's me boot from it but not run the cd itself

It's a little button that says EDIT on each post. :)

Can you connect to IRC/MSN/some form of instant messaging? It might be easier to discuss things.

Also, when you boot from CD what options do you get? I'm now unsure what you mean, the difference between booting from the CD and running the CD....as I thought you couldn't get in to Windows to run anything.

EDIT:
McWill wrote:
Vista. And how do I access this consol?

Blast, looks like they've removed/replaced it, but this link might help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... ry-Console

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I meant booting a Linux live Disk. That way, you'd be able to access your files and if worst comes to worst and you have no means of backing up files, you could always dropbox them. (2gigs of free storage).

Recovery console can be accessed when loading from the disk.

What do?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Harry wrote:
I meant booting a Linux live Disk. That way, you'd be able to access your files and if worst comes to worst and you have no means of backing up files, you could always dropbox them. (2gigs of free storage).

How is he going to get hold of a Linux Live Disc when he doesn't have a PC to download and burn said disc? It's a decent idea but I don't see how he can do it.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Can't see edit button on iPod xD
When I put in the disk nothing happens. So I tried changing the bios settings to load cd before hdd when I do this is simply said push any key to boot from cd. And that's my only option

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Harry wrote:
Harry wrote:
I was gonna suggest Reinstalling and wiping the HDD, but before that I was gonna say boot from a liveCD.
Harry wrote:
I meant booting a Linux live Disk.

Will, did you press the any key?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

McWill wrote:
Can't see edit button on iPod xD
When I put in the disk nothing happens. So I tried changing the bios settings to load cd before hdd when I do this is simply said push any key to boot from cd. And that's my only option

Yes, that's fine, you hit any button and boot from CD and I 'think' it'll present you with some options as to where to go from there.

Harry wrote:
Harry wrote:
Harry wrote:
Harry wrote:
I meant booting a Linux live Disk.

Didn't realise you were correcting yourself, thought you were continuing to suggest it, sorry. >-<

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Nope, it claims to be loading files and then I can see the welcome screen background but they are no options to select. It's completely empty O.o

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

In that case, I doubt you'll be able to do a fresh install :/

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

McWill wrote:
Nope, it claims to be loading files and then I can see the welcome screen background but they are no options to select. It's completely empty O.o

Out of interest, have you tried leaving it for a bit to see if it's just being slow at loading options?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

I didn't really wait long. I've loaded to that point again now. Nothing has appeared after about 2mins

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Hm, I don't really know what else to suggest other than reinstalling. There's probably something else you can try that we haven't thought of yet.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

The egg timer has appeared! Nothing else, time to swear at it and wave hands to help it out.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNhnu9-C2f8

glad I could help.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

LMAO!
XD
Made me lol, seriously

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

McWill wrote:
The egg timer has appeared! Nothing else, time to swear at it and wave hands to help it out.

I hear animal sacrifices might work as well. More seriously, if the egg timer symbol appeared whilst you're waiting, I'd suggest giving it a lot more time in case it's just being REALLY slow. Besides, what else can you do right now?

Wynney wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNhnu9-C2f8

glad I could help.

Sadly I don't think CSS frag videos can fix his PC. :P

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail