It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Looking for web-based graphic designers and flash developers

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Happy new year!

Normally, I would do things like this myself, but unfortunately having to go to work every day leaves me with a very tight schedule.

A friend of mine is starting out a type of reseller account, which will offer web hosting services such as webspace, MySQL databases, MSSQL databases, email, PHP, ASP, etc., but needs a few people to create the front-end for the organisation - like a main page where users register, select the type of package they want, log in, etc.

I'll be in charge of the structure and coding, but ideally we want some top-notch graphics and possibly some flash animations.

If you feel up for it, drop me some sample material and I'll give you the specification as has been handed to me.

The organisation will be known as Swish Style, but I don't think I can let you in on any more than that just yet ;)

Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:46 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
id help but im more a coder than a graphic designer

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
While I'm alright with Flash, it's not the sort you will be looking for. Also, I wouldn't have the time.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:52 pm 

Post Post subject:

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: wigouche
i mite be able to help but i ant got ne good samples of my work except the stuff on my site but they are only 5 minute prodctions and i cant do ne for about 2 weeks cause i need to fix my computer with all my graphic design stuff on but i can't do flash cause i aint got it and can't use it though if i got it i would probably be able to do it but it wouldn't be very good cause it would be the first thing i wold do in it properly

Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

OK. I have an idea in my mind for a clean, simple, professional website with quite a fancy image at the top of the page.. something like hyperspace or something to do with communications/servers of some sort, with flying blue balls, of sorts...

I'd like the main content of the website to 'stand out' like it's hovering above the background, which is preferably a different colour.

The website should contain a mixture of blue colours, from light blue to royal blue, and all images in the website should be clear and anti-aliased.

It turns out that my graphical genius has left me long long ago, and I'm left with far too much technical knowledge for my own good, so if any of you can help out, it'd be swell.

The top image should not exceed 700 pixels in width, and the main part of it should not exceed 100 pixels in height. Horizontal tabs for navigation is a plus, these should be somewhat 3D, and should change colour when hovered/if active.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: wigouche
it mite be gd to draw up a rough design of that and stuff just to see exactly what u want to do with it cause the technical detail arn't very gd to fully understand to sum1 that dosn't do much imaging in this way i allways use rough design sctches and colection of all the they want to include or like then make it later once design is ready

Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I can't show much; I've only been issued 2 word documents saying the same stuff as above :/ I've sent the guy a mail for more info.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

OK the guy called this off and I had to pay him ?100. Darn.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

What? Why?

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:48 pm 

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

He gave me ?100 to kick off the development. I was part of the development and I never developed anything. He developed some stress and developed the urge for me to develop some money to give to him. It was only fair I guess.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Ah, I see, repayment then.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:48 pm 

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Yeah, didn't I say that?

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail