It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: another pcworld thing

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: wigouche
we went to pc world 2day 2 get me a creative 5.1 speaker system cause i wanted to get it even though i cant use it properly and b4 i know it my dad has been persuaded to a new pc and then i get a logitech speakers though after inspechtion they are as good as the 1 i thinking of getting.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Yeah, Logitech speakers are very good. Though Creative tend to be better at budget (very good quality for low price), Logitech are good for the expensive one (awesome quality).

And NEVER buy PCs from PC World :(.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:08 pm 

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
how was he persuaded, with their c*** "you cant find this at a price this low on the internet" - fine, its true, it may have something to do with they sell the products companies have just stopped producing at the price of the best

Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:40 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Actually, you will, it's called Dell. Also cr*p.

Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:25 am 

Post Post subject:

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

its a patriot 2.8 celaron D for ?160 quite gd deal realy but my day is very easaly persuaded espesialy when he was on a ME comp that wouldn't shut down properly and the speakers were cheaper than the equialent creative 1s

Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

OK, it was one of the cheap ones that they say are awesome but are actually complete rubbish. Still, better than ME...

Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:40 pm 

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Anything Intel is evil. For instance - Viiv is just a marketing term, same as Centrino. It isn't a technology. Viiv means for a media capable computer... but we all have those. Expect to see Windows XP esque advertisements on TV soon saying that Viiv is the biiz and you can do whatever you want. Pfft.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:13 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Never heard of Viiv. I have, however, heard adverts misusing terms;

HT - "Hyper Threading" technology. Do they even know what it does? They claim it makes EVERY aspect of the computer faster, when in fact it just splits the main core into two logical cores, which is proven to be SLOWER!

Centrino - They use he term as if it's a CPU! WRONG! Centrino is a wireless technology that is found in lots of laptops to enable them to connect to the internet without plugging stuff in in appropriate areas.

Infact, laptops are the only things Intel are good for, their 2.0GHz Pentium M outperforms their 3.8GHz P4. Why? Cos it's architechture is much more like AMD's!

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:03 pm 

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

But they still don't understand why they have such poor performance. And the main reason for that is that there is no integrated memory controller on the P4, and as such, it travels across a comparatively slow BUS. I don't think Intel will take back the performance crown in 2006.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yup, and that means Intel will always be cr*p. Don't they read hardware magazines?

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:19 pm 

Post Post subject:

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

oioursly not but u say intel are gd 4 laptops but amd is making strides in there laptop tech and goin round pcworld i saw that they had the sense at last to sell amd systems even if they are the lowest spec pos

Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Whatever they sold, it would probably still rip the nuts off an Intel P4 EE that costs well over ?1k. Oh, but I forgot something, Intel don't have the balls to rip!!

I mean... why spend well over ?1k on a processor that doesn't match up to the performance of the up and coming (tomorrow, hopefully) Athlon FX-60 CPU, that (only) costs ?850ish. Intel need to re-think their architecture. If they make something good; AMD will sue them for a patent it holds, and Intel will fall out of the CPU market. And that my friends is when my fantasy becoms a reality.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

heres a funny thing about intel

intel owns the magority on the silacon in the world but its a case of its not the amount u have but the way u use it

Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I wasn't saying Intel were better than AMD at laptops (currently most AMD processors can be used in laptops anyway), just that that is the only systems they make remotely good.

I'm afraid to say, Aaron, that the FX-60 is the most expensive desktop processor available (and it costs way more than any other AMD, so it's sort of anamolous). The reason for this is the most expensive CPU Intel make is single core, at about ?750, with their best dual core only slightly less expensive. This is because Intel cn't put good CPUs in their dual core chips, unless people want a simultaneous system meltdown and PSU overload. If you discount the FX60, however, then Intel have the most expensive processors by far (but the FX60 is in a whole different league to every CPU out there).

Of course Intel owns the majority of silicon, they always think more = better - more GHz, more core (logical), more MHz on the RAM, more pipeline stages (bad) etc. The only thing they're missing is more speed!

Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:10 pm