It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Broken Computer :(

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mini-rennac
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you would be able to help me with a problem

My computer keep randomly completely freezing up, originally the problems came while playing games
but now it can happen after even being left on the desktop. The computer will completely freeze and make a really loud buzzing sound via the speakers. I have ran every type of test I can think of and it has came out as good on all of them, the temperatures are all standard and the drivers are all up to date.

I have ran several virus scans and also formatted the hard drive. I took the computer to a local repair slot and they have said the computer runs fine, they re wired the computer fully and have cleaned the components.
I am really at a loss of what to do to fix it.

Thanks.

P.S. I am hurt I'm not list for LAN, I'll probably be coming

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Broken Computer :(

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I had this exact same problem with an old gaming machine. Eventually got to the stage where it would not boot at all.

Turned out it was faulty RAM.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mini-rennac
Right ok, would that not turn up as a problem in a memory test?

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Not always as it may be faulty, showing up for the test hat its working then it faulters and dies causing the lockup.

Anyway i'm having similar problems. Bluescreens and lockups on a regular daily basis currently. Same-ish symtoms with originally games/ multiple tabs + watching Youtube video. Plus i no longer seem to be able to stream 720 or higher youtube videos smoothly :/.

I think i have a graphics card problem but no spare card to switch it out for to test this theory.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Indeed. Sometimes, memory problems don't show up. Try downloading a bootable version of Memtest86 and see how you get on with that. Usually if you quote some error code from that during your RMA process, it will make things a bit quicker.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

M1n1Rennac wrote:
Right ok, would that not turn up as a problem in a memory test?

I assume you're using this, right?

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

If not, I recommend you do as Aaron suggests and grab it, and burn it to a disc. Then boot from it.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Lord Metritutus wrote:
If not, I recommend you do as Aaron suggests and grab it, and burn it to a disc. Then boot from it.

What is this 'disc' format you speak of :P

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Si wrote:
Lord Metritutus wrote:

What is this 'disc' format you speak of :P

Well I suppose you could also use a memory stick. :3

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail