It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: The outsmart Skillers game

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Welcome to the nuances of the English language and colloquialisms.

But still, it's been said more than you said it was in your app thread.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:13 am 

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Word Association wrote:
Skillers wrote:
Quark

schlurbi wrote:
Yoghurt

Skillers wrote:
Another completely unrelated word, can't even see how you would think that :/ Ah well, i just wanted a physics-off.
Milk

Unrelated?!

Both are made of milk!

does that count?
its just a try. dont blame me when i am wrong xD

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I was completely unaware of said product. I could see no reason why a milk based product would be named after a fundamental particle. You didn't outsmart me, you showed there was a gap in my knowledge of cheeses, a subject area that I don't profess to be an expert in.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:19 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Schlurbi: 1
Kyhas: 1
Everyone else: 0
The competition has finally been kick-started by Kyhas and Schlurbi.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

isnt showing that you dont know something outsmarting?

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Nannal wrote:
Skillers wrote:

Nannal is the only good thing about this thread, atleast he's funny.

AT least is two words stoopid lolololololol i can haz reward(pbuh) now

go learn yourself some muslimisms to understand the (peace be upon him) bit

apparently I didn't earn a point for pointing out spelling mistakes when schlubs did, this is unfair.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Word Association wrote:
Skillers wrote:
Thermodynamics

schlurbi wrote:
Birds

Skillers wrote:
Huh, how does that work?

Flight

Nannal wrote:
birds use thermodynamics to help lift themselves to higher altitudes to they dont have to work as hart flapping is all i can think of

schlurbi: 1
Nannal: 1

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

I'm on two god damn it!

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Skillers wrote:
I was completely unaware of said product. I could see no reason why a milk based product would be named after a fundamental particle. You didn't outsmart me, you showed there was a gap in my knowledge of cheeses, a subject area that I don't profess to be an expert in.

Gaps in knowledge are what result in people being outsmarted.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

actually its

schlurbi: 2
Nannal: 0

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Game is dumb, people cant keep track of scores.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

WLM chat wrote:
Nannal says:
Hey skillers did you know that alpha centuri is actually a binary star system and that it is often mistaken as only being a single star system
Skillers what colour is my sheet?
skillers, how many fingers am i holding up
hey skillers when do you think my coursework is due in?
hey skillers what time is it in japan right now
A total of five points for the outsmart skillers game are available
I'll split the reward [pbuh] 50/50
http://www.theskillers.co.uk says:
yes
dunno
dunno
soon
about 4am
Nannal says:
Right i have at least three
checking japans time zone brb
wrong, its about 5 am " 4:54am Friday (JST) - Time in Japan"
though i think alpha centrui might actually be a star and not a system
i was 1 hour out
Nannal says:
indeed you were
so theyre 8 hours ahead, not 7
Nannal says:
also ill accept that as another pint, now im on 7!

it is the pair or stars and not a system
red
four
it isnt, i dont have any
5:02 right now.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

May I roll my eyes some more now?

As I said, you haven't outsmarted me as I didn't claim to be knowledgeable in said area, I was simply enquiring as to how it was connected in a slightly odd way. So basically you score a point if I ask a question is what you say, a completely bogus idea and opposite to the concept of outsmarting, as intelligence is gained through learning, and by doing so you are stalling the process of learning, thus making outsmarting a frivolous exercise.

Birds don't use thermodynamics, they use thermals. Thermals are a phenomenon cause by a very small area of thermodynamics, and therefore the link made was one that is dubious at best for the word association game (there is a limit to the distance between to things as otherwise you could say anything then make a really long link).

Claiming that you are outsmarting me by asking things I can't possibly know is pointless. You are proving I am not psychic, not that you are smarter than me.

Not knowing the timezone isn't really smarter than me, I said about 4am and was within an hour, which is close enough to be useful. I could have just looked it up, but didn't.

Also;

Quote:
http://www.theskillers.co.uk says (21:07):
i dont think you can count
1+4 is 5 :/
Nannal says (21:07):
then im lucky there is no outsmart nannal game

Come back when you have a real challenge. I will only accept it if you can outsmart me in something I claim to be knowledgeable about, which is pretty much Physics to the level I have studied. There are further clauses too, it's only outsmarting if I actually claim to be completely right or nearly sure.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Nannal: 6
Schlurbi: 2
I keep the scores or you are deducted by 1 point.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Hawkykins wrote:
9:25 PM - [TCHS] Hawke: since nobody else will probably outsmart Skillers, your victory is ... secured.

You heard him, give up!

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Shadow can't count either.

First, Schlurbi took Nannal's original point, which he has now somehow kept while Nannal got his back, and then another one for nothing. Even Nannal agreed he only got 4 from his last thing, bringing him to a total of 5.

So that makes an extra 2 points out of nowhere one top of the 7 that already exist for stupid reasons that aren't really outsmarting.

FAIL.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:28 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Nannal: 6
Skillers: -1 for questioning the rules.
Eveyone else: get a point.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

So much for not being biased.

Basically, I can't win because you don't want me to, and therefore you won't ever give me a point. Also, you have now made a rule that means that if I question this I immediately lose a point for disagreeing with you. When I point out that you fail at scorekeeping I lose a point and the scores aren't rectified to reflect the truth.

DOUBLE FAIL!

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:35 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Nannal: 7
Skillers: -2 for again questioning the rules.
Note to Skillers: outsmarting yourself = point. Making irrelevant comments and questioning the scores = -point.
Rule no.1 - Random scores = win.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

[TCHS] Tanith: Hey skillers do you know which ethical theory peter singer is famous for?
My cake is assured
animal liberation
Nannal says:
No, although he is in favor of it because he is awesome
Its actually "preferance utilitarianism"

Nannal: 8
Rest: read above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Metritutus: 1 for previous statement.
Hawke- -1 for triple posting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Heh, I outsmart myself all the time, it's how I do work and progress.

Those rules are stupid and make this game completely pointless and some form of pathetic ego experiment.

Also, Nannal's points are no going up for no reason.

You seriously FAIL at making decent games that actually make sense.

Also, I noticed this about the first post;

Shadowhawke wrote:
He challenges you all to outsmart him in a game you cannot win.

No I didn't. I think it's pointless and frivolous. I do, however, welcome an intellectual challenge on a subject that I am knowledgeable on, it incites thinking and growth of intelligence, which I enjoy.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 pm 

Samosa!
Samosa!

Spoiler for Sorry, too big:

Can only see the top half but it reads

Skillers wrote:

I declare Nannal is clearly much smarter than me and is therefore outsmarting me for every letter he types.

So that's 1 point for ever key I press and +5 for the picture and "epic post"

Last edited by Skillers on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoilered the image and removed the random code.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Nannal: 260000000

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Shadowhawke wrote:
Metritutus: 1 for previous statement.

What statement?

Also, should be -2, 1 for each extra post, really.

Anyway, I would like to thank Nannal for participating in this glorious victory with my.

You see, by allying myself with Nannal I have assure I am now on the winning side, because he will amass an unbeatable score very quickly because of my actions. Naturally I only did this because I stood to gain by doing so, as he has agreed that this is an alliance.

So, in doing so I have outsmarted the game and all other participants within it.

Also, before you make up some rule against such action, there was no rule against such action when it occurred and it is therefore a completely valid method. I have locked all your previous posts to prevent you retroactively adding it.

That, my friends, is how to properly outsmart someone!

Thank you, and goodbye.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:03 pm 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next