It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Long words game

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: De4dW0lf
An idea i came up with earlier on the TF server, we were all thinking of long complicated words that no one could pronounce and i thought 'hey that would be a good game'

So pretty much, post long words and everyone else has to try and guess/figure out/find out the meaning of.

I'll start us off: Antidissestablishmentarianism (see i did spell it right ^-^ )

(i dont care if it isnt spelt right, correct it if you feel the need inteligent admins... and no. i don't know what it means either and im too tired to look it up T-T

Last edited by De4dW0lf on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Long words game

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Antidissestablishmentarianism is the correct form, I think. Analysing the word, it means against destroying the establishment (the establishment being the government or something similar).

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:14 am 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Floccinaucinihilipilification (one letter longer than antidisestablishmentarianism IIRC)

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:03 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A word used to describe describing something as useless/pointless

If i remembered correctly...

Try this one out: spatiotemporal

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Exists in Space time. Or something like that. Easy.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:14 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Cartilidgeherohyperplesia:
A type of dwarfism

Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Si wrote:
Floccinaucinihilipilification (one letter longer than antidisestablishmentarianism IIRC)

Antidisestablishmentarianistic is one up on Floccinaucinihilipilification I do believe.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

btw dragon, the whole point of the game is to get other people to figure out what your word means...

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Demonata
suoicodilaipxecitsiligarfilacrepus

is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious spelt backwards :D

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Yeah, but I told everyone last night on the server anyway so bleh

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:59 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Random assortments of letters don't count as words McWill...

Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:02 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It's that Welsh place name, lol.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:24 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
IamquiteconfidentthatthisiscurrentlythelongestwordthatyouwillfindinthistopicbutifyoubelievethatIamwrongthenyoucanjustreplyandletmeknowok?

Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Yeah, that'll do Azcn. I don't think that will get beaten.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
Areyousureofthatdragonbecauseibelievethereprobablyisalongerwordinthisthreadsomewhereifyoulookhardenoughbutyouobviouslyarentlookingfurtherthantheendofyournose!

Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
i'll take this as i win :D

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Well.. Ill post loads :D Including a 1185 letter word :P

Aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriolic, at 52 letters, describing the spa waters at Bath, England, is attributed to Dr. Edward Strother (1675-1737

Also, to go with LlanfairPG; The longest officially recognized place name in an English-speaking country is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahul (85 letters) which is a hill in New Zealand.

And for some fun; Smiles, according to an old riddle, may be considered the longest word in English, as there is a mile between the two s's. A retort asserts that beleaguered is longer still, since it contains a league.

Here is one monster word (That no one would ever be able to pronounce, surely?)

ACETYLSERYLTYROSYLSERYLISOLEUCUL-
THREONYLSERYLPROLYLSERYLGLUTAMINYL-
PHENYLALANYLPHENYLALANYLLEUCYL-
SERYLSERYLVALYLTRYPTOPHYLALANYL-
ASPARTYLPROLYLISOLEUCYLGLUTAMYLLEUCYL-
LEUCYLASPARAGINYLVALYLCYSTEINYL-
THREONYLSERYLSERYLLEUCYLLGLYCYL-
ASPARAGINYLGLUTAMINYLPHENYLALANYL-
GLUTAMINYLTHREONYLGLUTANIMYLGLUTANIMYL-
ALANYLARGINYLTHREONYLTHREONYL-
GLUTAMINYLVALYLGLUTAMINYLGLUTAMINYL-
PHENYLALANYLSERYLGLUTAMINYLVALYL-
TRYPTOPHYLLYSYLPROLYLPHENYLALANYL-
PROLYLGLUTANIMYLSERYLTHREONYLVALYL-
ARGINYLPHENYLALANYLPROLYLGLYCYL-
ARPARTYLVALYLTYROSYLLYSYLYLVALYLTYROSYL-
ARGINYLTYROSYLASPARAGINYLALANYLVALYL-
LEUCYLASPARTYLPROLYLLLEUCYLLEUCYLGLYCYL-
THREONYLPHENYLALANYLASPARTYLTHREONYL-
ARGINYLASPARAGINYLISOLEUCYL-
ISOLEUCYLGLUTAMYLVALYLGLUTAMYL-
ASPARAGINYLGLUTAMINYLGLUTAMINYLSERYL-
PROLYLTHREONYLALANYLGLUTAMINYL-
THREONYLLEUCYLASPARTYLALANYLTHREONYL-
ARGINYLLARGINYLVALYLASPARTYLASPARTYL-
ALANYLTHREONYLVALYLALANYLISOLEUCYL-
ARGINYLSERYLALANYLASPARAGINYLISOLEUCYL-
ARAGINYLISOLEUCYLVALYLASPARAGINYL-
GLUTAMYLLEUCYLVALYLARGINYLGLYCYL-
THREONYLGLYCYLLEUCYLTYROSYLASPARAGINYL-
GLUTANIMYLASPARAGINYLTHREONYL-
PHENYLALANYLGLUTAMYLSERYLMETHIONYL-
SERGLYCYLLEUCYLLEUCYLVALYLTRYPTOPHYL-
THREONYLSERYLALANYLPROLYLALANYLSERINE (1,185 letters) the tobacco mosaic virus, dahlemense strain. Probably not in any dictionary, and there certainy are molecules with longer names, bu this is believed to be the longest that is actually used, thus qualifying as an word of the English language.

And then there is this monstrosity;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titin

The full chemical name, containing 189,819 letters, is sometimes stated to be the longest word in the English language. However, it is built up of mainly chemical names and hyphens which are not truly able to combined into one word.

All words are from teh internets, and some are from Wiki :P I pwn you all :D

Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: juusohaarala
PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­CONIOSIS :o

<33333

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:15 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Steam Login Name: kris_to_offer
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is a city name (welsh) :S
if you translate it to english it will be: The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Kriss wrote:
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is a city name (welsh) :S
if you translate it to english it will be: The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave.

McWill said that earlier up the page ;) :P

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Spree
Posting Spree

Steam Login Name: stanzio
DHR-107 wrote:
Well.. Ill post loads :D Including a 1185 letter word :P

Aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriolic, at 52 letters, describing the spa waters at Bath, England, is attributed to Dr. Edward Strother (1675-1737

Also, to go with LlanfairPG; The longest officially recognized place name in an English-speaking country is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahul (85 letters) which is a hill in New Zealand.

And for some fun; Smiles, according to an old riddle, may be considered the longest word in English, as there is a mile between the two s's. A retort asserts that beleaguered is longer still, since it contains a league.

Here is one monster word (That no one would ever be able to pronounce, surely?)

ACETYLSERYLTYROSYLSERYLISOLEUCUL-
THREONYLSERYLPROLYLSERYLGLUTAMINYL-
PHENYLALANYLPHENYLALANYLLEUCYL-
SERYLSERYLVALYLTRYPTOPHYLALANYL-
ASPARTYLPROLYLISOLEUCYLGLUTAMYLLEUCYL-
LEUCYLASPARAGINYLVALYLCYSTEINYL-
THREONYLSERYLSERYLLEUCYLLGLYCYL-
ASPARAGINYLGLUTAMINYLPHENYLALANYL-
GLUTAMINYLTHREONYLGLUTANIMYLGLUTANIMYL-
ALANYLARGINYLTHREONYLTHREONYL-
GLUTAMINYLVALYLGLUTAMINYLGLUTAMINYL-
PHENYLALANYLSERYLGLUTAMINYLVALYL-
TRYPTOPHYLLYSYLPROLYLPHENYLALANYL-
PROLYLGLUTANIMYLSERYLTHREONYLVALYL-
ARGINYLPHENYLALANYLPROLYLGLYCYL-
ARPARTYLVALYLTYROSYLLYSYLYLVALYLTYROSYL-
ARGINYLTYROSYLASPARAGINYLALANYLVALYL-
LEUCYLASPARTYLPROLYLLLEUCYLLEUCYLGLYCYL-
THREONYLPHENYLALANYLASPARTYLTHREONYL-
ARGINYLASPARAGINYLISOLEUCYL-
ISOLEUCYLGLUTAMYLVALYLGLUTAMYL-
ASPARAGINYLGLUTAMINYLGLUTAMINYLSERYL-
PROLYLTHREONYLALANYLGLUTAMINYL-
THREONYLLEUCYLASPARTYLALANYLTHREONYL-
ARGINYLLARGINYLVALYLASPARTYLASPARTYL-
ALANYLTHREONYLVALYLALANYLISOLEUCYL-
ARGINYLSERYLALANYLASPARAGINYLISOLEUCYL-
ARAGINYLISOLEUCYLVALYLASPARAGINYL-
GLUTAMYLLEUCYLVALYLARGINYLGLYCYL-
THREONYLGLYCYLLEUCYLTYROSYLASPARAGINYL-
GLUTANIMYLASPARAGINYLTHREONYL-
PHENYLALANYLGLUTAMYLSERYLMETHIONYL-
SERGLYCYLLEUCYLLEUCYLVALYLTRYPTOPHYL-
THREONYLSERYLALANYLPROLYLALANYLSERINE (1,185 letters) the tobacco mosaic virus, dahlemense strain. Probably not in any dictionary, and there certainy are molecules with longer names, bu this is believed to be the longest that is actually used, thus qualifying as an word of the English language.

And then there is this monstrosity;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titin

The full chemical name, containing 189,819 letters, is sometimes stated to be the longest word in the English language. However, it is built up of mainly chemical names and hyphens which are not truly able to combined into one word.

All words are from teh internets, and some are from Wiki :P I pwn you all :D

think he has the longest word....lol....

Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
All Any Peron Will Ever Need Is LoL. Its Shunts All And Is The Answer To Everything.

Big Words Fail They Dont Like To Be Spelt Right.

Hippopotamouse -- i Think

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Steam Login Name: hexx777
hersuit
i advise not searching this on google, you may get some sick stuff :/

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:05 am 
 Profile E-mail