It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please mark which server you are referring to in the topic using [TF2] or [CSS].

Post Post subject: Ubering medics and ubersaws

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

After hearing a couple of complaints, I want to ask the forum goers their opinions.

The main questions:

Should the ubersaw be banned from the server?
Should ubering medics be made against the server rules?
Should uber chaining be made against the server rules?

Please bear in mind that this is supposed to be a server for fun, when you answer those three questions. Thanks.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Ubering medics and ubersaws

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Ubertraining isn't fun.

Might be fun for the people doing it, but no one else likes it.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
OH HAI REPOST

Anyway, as before, if other people are getting annoyed, just freaking stop. IT'S SIMPLE.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:16 pm 

Skillers wrote:
OH HAI REPOST

Anyway, as before, if other people are getting annoyed, just freaking stop. IT'S SIMPLE.

Ubersaws were removed on the first attempt me and McWill tried (which failed).

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rebellion935
Pointless tactic is pointless. If the enemy team allows a medic duo to ubertrain then they deserve it.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: millbob
would it be possible to limit it to one medic to have the ubersaw?

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
no don't limit the weapon or anything like that. If the other team are getting uber trained or w/e the hell it is then they're kinda bad :/

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: BartmanTaz
Erm no don't ban it.

If a couple of people have agreed to work together to attempt such a thing (there's an achievement related to it, no?) then by all means. That's like saying if someone wants to come on and plays tag team snipers / scouts, combo solly and medic heavy/medic and so forth.

I think the medic uber train is one of the best community invented ways to play as a team. And if succesful people will get owned by a medic in the highly likely event they fail the will be ridiculed and booed till my throat is sore. (Not really just love that quote).

There was a couple of people on the other day that had similar anime avatars so I suspected they most likely new one another, and they attempted a medic uber train. Once they realized that I would simply bounce them away they left me alone however I never let people of easy and will usually chase them like a dog till either of us dies. They did get a good few kills though.

Voted for and funded by Scottie UK Ltd.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Uber chains - Like or hate.lol

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gozzer got it right, it's not exactly overpowered a solly or demo can get well out of their way and also separate the two. A good scout could have easily taken them then, a sniper could have taken them and so on they worked as a team and if people did the same and didn't run in and expect to kill everything and always win they would not be bothered.

Hell even after your first death you could change to pyro with the normal flame-thrower which should be standard choice IMO and instantly keep blowing one away while turning around every so often and blowing the other off.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Uber chains - Like or hate.

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Opps darn you skillers.

Also lol met.

Go on mate HAV' 'IM!

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Uber chains - Like or hate.

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Scottie wrote:
keep blowing one away while turning around every so often and blowing the other off.

We're talking about TF2, here not your private life

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I did not link the other thread for it to be necroed, so I moved the posts here.

Anyway, it's simple, if people are annoyed at the ubertrain (both sides - 2 medics not being useful or just a generally asshat annoying tactic), just stop, the point is to be kind to the community and other players on the server aswell.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 pm 

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: rebellion935
Skillers wrote:
I did not link the other thread for it to be necroed, so I moved the posts here.

Anyway, it's simple, if people are annoyed at the ubertrain (both sides - 2 medics not being useful or just a generally asshat annoying tactic), just stop, the point is to be kind to the community and other players on the server aswell.

This is like saying to someone "Stop working as a team cause you guys keep winning". The argument has as much grounding as someone saying "Ban heavy taunting cause so and so keeps killing me with it".

The tactic has been in the game long enough, it isn't difficult to counter, simply running away from the medics or doing exactly what scottie said is enough to stop them. This is an FPS game not hello kitty adventure.. The server shouldn't have to cater to someone because the other team is actually working as a team. All it takes is for one person to go out of their way as a pyro and everyone else to do their part by staying the hell from the uber like you should do with any uber anyway and its fine.

Why not ban other ubers because they kill people? You know to be honest I think Demoman ubers should be banned from now on. I'm sick of spending minutes getting all my equipment up and the other team can simply waltz in with an uber and destroy it. Demoman ubers spoil my fun, its a generally annoying cheap tactic since they always do it. They aren't being kind to me as a player since they ruin all my fun.

If the tactic was considered cheap Valve would have fixed it by now but they realise that it isn't overpowered and can be easily stopped. For the team the two medics are on, I would just say that yes they may not be helping the team much at times but when has the TCHS FUN server been about that? People are there to have fun. Its the reason why people can have as many snipers and spies as they want, the two medics are having fun at the other teams expense, to be honest that to me sounds like a normal FPS game. When you kill the enemy team it is fun at their expense. We havent stopped people playing 5 snipers on dustbowl in the past so why stop people playing as two medics who can actually be good for the team they are on?

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
counter with scouts!

Gosh run up start attacking, when uber drops run back and shotgun, hell i beat si and someones ubertrain once as a heavy, althought they did fail quite hard ^_^.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:10 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Steam Login Name: will2k123
Ubersaws shouldn't be banned. They're a valid weapon and shouldn't be removed just because someone doesn't like them.
Uberchaining though, should be bannable, but ubering medics for retreating when you're about to die, shouldn't be.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: Bombaynoodle
As i couldn't be assed to post a huge novel I'll keep it simple; There is no reason to punish the average person who plays medic because of the minority. It doesn't happen often and even when it does it can be prevented by 1 person

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
None of this should be banned.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

I am viewing the general consensus as:
---
Uber trains should be allowed. If you cannot stop them, you deserve to be annihilated by them (if that actually happens).

It is a fun server, this is a fun tactic, leave it be.

Nothing should be banned.
---

Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
That is how I see it :) I would think that if it were a real issue, Valve would put restrictions in place to stop this kind of thing from happening.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Pretty much, buuuut, like with everything, you should atleast try not to cause arguments. If people are getting heated over it, just stop doing it, it's not worth the hassle and stupidity that ensues.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:38 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
Its common sense. Just like spawn camping, its part of the game and a valid tactic. However if you (the spawn camper/ubertrainer) are the only one having fun out of it then keep that in mind and stop being a douchebag. The tactic shouldn't be banned, douchebags should.

Fini.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well said Gosney :P

Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:32 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Gozzer wrote:
Its common sense. Just like spawn camping, its part of the game and a valid tactic. However if you (the spawn camper/ubertrainer) are the only one having fun out of it then keep that in mind and stop being a douchebag. The tactic shouldn't be banned, douchebags should.

Fini.

I like being a douche in an mmo or a space sim type game though. :|

Though it's kind impossible nowadays. :( I miss 2001

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail