It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please mark which server you are referring to in the topic using [TF2] or [CSS].

Post Post subject: What do you want from us?

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
(server wise)

Basically, we're looking to improve our services and community, and want to know what you would like us to provide.

Specifically in regard to games servers, but you can talk about other things too.

Some thoughts for consideration;
The TF2 server is doing great, atm, but if we can improve its popularity even more, that would be fantastic.
The CSS server is pretty much dead, what can we do to make it popular, what would make you (especially the CSS people) actually play on it?
What other servers do you want to see?

Thanks

- The Staff.

Sat May 30, 2009 11:39 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: What do you want from us?

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
A war server (100tic with correct config) imo. The public css won't be used as pub css is DEAD. It's nothing to do with people in this clan not playing css, that would be a general summery of the entire scene. Public wise, css is shockingly appalling and is dead.

A war server (with the ability to start wars without flaming, general bitchy comments, etc. etc.) would be used a lot. especially with ED upcoming soon (IRC matches will be played to work tactics, etc.)

Yes, people in the clan play on pub css, that's not what im saying. Yes, people like to connect to our server and play once in a while. But they can easilly do this knowing the password. People aren't interested in playing with random, (supposedly stereotypically flaming) people, they want to play with their friends. E.g. bombay and Jesse. They aren't interested in wars, but will join our server/get people on our server to play together and have a good fun game on css.

This would be possible on a war server, just entering a password, which isn't difficult. I know this as this is what happened when I paid for a server which got used much more than our pub ever has (other than the first few days we got a dedi and original css saturdays thingy mabob).

To further prove this, think of COD5, we played on a server that was passworded, around 7 of us all together having a good time playing a good time. Public css has died and doesn't serve our interests at all I don't think. People use it for the occassional game, why not on a war server (with correct configs, uploaded etc.).

I could easilly sort this myself if it's an issue with time of other people, or cba setting something up. But css is really undervalue in our community and from what I see it unappreciated - pushed to the side for other "more important games".

This also isn't a rant lol ;x

Sun May 31, 2009 12:05 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Thanks, that's quite interesting.

I wouldn't say pushed aside, we just never get any feedback about CSS at all, and most the CSS players don't really tell us about the servers and such.

Sun May 31, 2009 12:11 am 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mikefong
Wynney wrote:
A war server (100tic with correct config) imo. The public css won't be used as pub css is DEAD. It's nothing to do with people in this clan not playing css, that would be a general summery of the entire scene. Public wise, css is shockingly appalling and is dead.

I cant really say much more than wynney has already said.
After the Exsams im going to try do tha Saturday thingy ma bob ^^ again if everyone would like to?

Id also like to apologize from a while ago where i left the war mode on, hence doing so my admin has been removed. But i felt this was best, less distractions from work. Anyways,

We dont get many guests on the public server, simply because TCHS css players dont use it. They only use it for playing wars or training basis.

The server is good, as wynney said again, war server with 100tic instead of the public server would be much more useful. Also if we do have clan css saturdays, enough slots to fit everyone in whom would like to join.

The Css players show a lot of potential for advancing further to serious leagues... although this may take the fun out of it.. and become too serious. but i believe with an involved reliable admin it should work very well. (not implying anything)

I'll be update this page for you Mark, weekly or for events upcoming after my exams :D

Sun May 31, 2009 9:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
If you do make it 100 tick, drop it down to 13-15 slots or it's going to wreck havoc, especially with all the servers currently running.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:11 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
if its a War server, 13 are normally enough

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ogris wrote:
If you do make it 100 tick, drop it down to 13-15 slots or it's going to wreck havoc, especially with all the servers currently running.

if we get rid of pub server to add a war server, it wouldn't be a problem. But yes, that number of slots should be fine lol.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:20 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Wynney wrote:

A war server (with the ability to start wars without flaming, general bitchy comments, etc. etc.) would be used a lot. especially with ED upcoming soon (IRC matches will be played to work tactics, etc.)

Yes, people in the clan play on pub css, that's not what im saying. Yes, people like to connect to our server and play once in a while. But they can easilly do this knowing the password. People aren't interested in playing with random, (supposedly stereotypically flaming) people, they want to play with their friends. E.g. bombay and Jesse. They aren't interested in wars, but will join our server/get people on our server to play together and have a good fun game on css.

This would be possible on a war server, just entering a password, which isn't difficult. I know this as this is what happened when I paid for a server which got used much more than our pub ever has (other than the first few days we got a dedi and original css saturdays thingy mabob).

To further prove this, think of COD5, we played on a server that was passworded, around 7 of us all together having a good time playing a good time. Public css has died and doesn't serve our interests at all I don't think. People use it for the occassional game, why not on a war server (with correct configs, uploaded etc.).

I could easilly sort this myself if it's an issue with time of other people, or cba setting something up. But css is really undervalue in our community and from what I see it unappreciated - pushed to the side for other "more important games".

This also isn't a rant lol ;x

bump

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I'm trying to get more opinions about lots of things ><

Also, we didn't see we'd take action that quickly :P

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:36 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

meh, it's obv a good idea :P

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Pretty much what Wynney has said about a CSS war server covers everything.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

How about my own email addre... OH WAIT!

(gold membership is awesome)

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

What's happening with our servers nowadays then ^^

Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Not a right lot, lol, we'll be doing stuff soon(TM).

Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:18 pm