It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please mark which server you are referring to in the topic using [TF2] or [CSS].

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post Post subject: TS2 Music Channel

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
i remember people said that people arent using the Music Channel while playing, but when i connect i see people in the Music Channel and playing Ut3 or other games. i am sitting here and listen to music, wait that maybe someone connects to talk. but now youre always sitting in the music channel.

so i ask you, can you please go into the game channels when you play? its quiete annoying hearing the screams of the people... T-T

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: TS2 Music Channel

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
you don't join the music by default, but the general banter channel, it just looks like you're in the music channel.

I expect that is what you are doing.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

when people join they are directly in the music channel.
and i was talking about that when people play a game, that they should use the Css, UT3, TF2 Channel or whatever

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
No, we are in the general banter Channel.... Go into the "Music" channel by double clicking it...

LIKE You are in General Chat right now :)

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You clearly haven't ever joined the music channel :P

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

T-T

but people still could use the game channels when they play

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

If they all want to talk to each other it's not a problem :doh:

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

theyre all playing UT3 ecept DHR

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I still don't see why it's a problem...

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
We should, but sometimes people play diff games and still want to talk :/ :(

Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Wynney is correct.

And I'm guessing not everyone is playing the game and some are just talking randomly. Generally people will use the channels when they really want to talk about the games, IE playing tactically.

Regardless, TS is really there fore talking, you can't really complain that people are talking, if you want some quite, use the actual music channel or just mute yourself.

I just went on and three people are in the channel and not playing UT3.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

lol i know that they're playing UT3 because i heard them screaming. and i see it through steam aswell.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I compared the list to people on Steam, there were 3 there NOT playing.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:18 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

TS is for people to talk - not some crazy rigid rules for people to follow :\. Maybe I should just go in admin only cos i'm an admin and therefore that's the channel most related to me as a user. ^^

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

but if they want to talk with them, they could join the UT3 chat :/ its just a double click

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

But they were talking generally :/

Either way, if you didn't want to talk, you were in the wrong channel.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:23 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

But it's about 8 people, the only person who had a problem with you, who only had to double click to join the channel he was complaining about everyone being in! :doh:

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

lol. i want to talk, but not just with the whole screaming in the background....
and why do we have those game channels then? -^

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

People generally use the game channels when they want to talk a lot about the game, IE, I use the DoW channel when playing DoW because I'm there to talk tactics.

Also, clearly all the people there wanted to talk, so if they were elsewhere, you would still have an empty channel to yourself.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:26 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

for matches generally or mixes etc. It's also useful to join a quiet channel to discuss tactics. People tend to stay in the default channel/general banter channels to chat to other people generally ^^

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

its that those people playing UT3 were just screaming around, talking about tactics, who should be killed etc. only about the game. its ok when they are in a different channel, but then just dont scream like they are getting murdered........

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

so mute your sound or move to a different channel :S

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The thing is, it doesn't really make any difference to your final situation. Either way you will end up in a channel alone or with them :/

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:33 pm 

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

i was about 10 minutes in the default channel with them only the ones playing UT3 were talking, no-one else. and then screaming and talking about the game. well thats not general banter anymore....

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The point is, it doesn't really matter!

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:35 pm 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next