It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please mark which server you are referring to in the topic using [TF2] or [CSS].

Mets Config
Yay! 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Nay! 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post Post subject: Left 4 Dead server suggestion (that will be ignored)

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Can we have SourceMod on the server please?

I've recently learned about the command sm_cvar. This means that my config can be executed (and remain that way) without sv_cheats ever needing to be turned on.

If it was installed, I'll ammend my config accordingly.

Additionally, here's a couple of interesting plugins:

No vote spam:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=756803

Perhaps this could be used to add Source TV without it taking up a slot? I'm not sure:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=743650

And for lulz, take over the director:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=760110

That would be epic for a Community Friday.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:56 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Left 4 Dead server suggestion (that will be ignored)

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Theres a queue for the stuff that I do! ITS ON THE LIST ALREADY!

Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Tbh, I don't see the need for any of the changes Metty, I've never had any problems with the game as it is <3. Although I can see the need for your cfg, certainly vote spamming has never been a problem and leave the director alone!

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
SourceMod would be nice, especially if it allows map/gamemode changes. Would be nice to get TV running if possible.

As for vote spam, we don't have a problem with that, votes are generally only used to change maps at the start and the director sounds fun, but should be left alone.

@Si - Yay :D

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:28 pm 

Sourcemod means my config minus sv_cheats 1 being needed all the time.

To 'deactivate' my config sv_cheats 0 needs to be entered into console (even if it's already on 0!).

The other addons that I posted for Sourcemod were merely suggestions in case people found them interesting.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I really don't think your config is good for much except screwing about, it doesn't sound particularly convictive to normal play.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:45 pm 

Skillers wrote:
I really don't think your config is good for much except screwing about, it doesn't sound particularly convictive to normal play.

The one currently on the server is uber old.

My new one (with a reduced number of zombies but still quite a few) is designed for advanced difficulty, not expert (the damage done by the stock infected was too much for the survivors to even stand a chance). It's designed for more epic battles, harder boss infected, but with some increased weapons lying around (if it works). It's kind of, I think, a difficulty between advanced and expert, that plays out slightly differently to the mere 'infected do more damage' kind of thing (although the boss infected do with the config).

I'll post it to you over xfire if you're concerned. I didn't like the way it was raping the server which is why infected numbers have been reduced in the new version.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I think regular infected should stay the same number but with slightly increased damage. The specials could use a buff.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:54 pm 

Skillers wrote:
I think regular infected should stay the same number but with slightly increased damage. The specials could use a buff.

I found it more fun with the increased number of zombies, but I'd appreciate other people's opinions. What is everyone's views on this?

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
I feel that the Special Infected should be buffed up a bit because a good team can clear their way through easily with the Infected standing no chance against them.
Regarding the normal zombies, an increase in numbers would be hilarious when about 200 zombies charge you. Increasing their damage would be challenging for survivors but probably suicide (Expert is difficult enough as it is with the 10 damage per normal hit = a horde kills you in 5 seconds, don't get me started on what Hunters do).
I'd be happy for testing and balancing research.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:23 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Expert they do 20 HP each.

I was thinking that damage could scale. if survivors do well and a counter measures special death against survivor damage and the damage specials do increases or decreases on the performance on the survivors.

The only thing i could think goign wrong with it would be infected 'sacrificing them selves' early on without doing damage meaning they get super charged halfway through the map and own :/

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:50 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Shadow wrote:
I feel that the Special Infected should be buffed up a bit because a good team can clear their way through easily with the Infected standing no chance against them.
Regarding the normal zombies, an increase in numbers would be hilarious when about 200 zombies charge you. Increasing their damage would be challenging for survivors but probably suicide (Expert is difficult enough as it is with the 10 damage per normal hit = a horde kills you in 5 seconds, don't get me started on what Hunters do).
I'd be happy for testing and balancing research.

I believe the config is now on the server, so if people want to test it Si might be willing to enable it. Unfortunately, sv_cheats would be set to 1 (sv_cheats 0 reverts it all to default) so people must not cheat! :P

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not aware of any commands that can help me cheat... unless the commands from UT1 work on L4D (I only used the cheats to have a bit of fun such as placing 100 redeemer shells all around the map whilst time was frozen then restart time and watch the fireworks).
I'll test it out later maybe when I'm not busy as I have a lot of revision to do today (mocks next week, oh noes!)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:12 am 
 Profile E-mail  

My config is attached the post. It's slightly different from the server one, as I tweaked it a bit more (as now it's on advanced, it seemed a bit too easy). The zombies now do double damage from behind (camp in those corners guys :P ). I did have this before but on expert it made it really impossible rather than just impossible. On advanced though, it seems ok.

The zombie limit is only a mere 125 rather than 200 or 300 (default for the game is 30), however I want a fun game that doesn't lag the server or people's computers too much.

Download.

Run left 4 dead, start a campaign, sp or whatever.

Go to console.

sv_cheats 1
exec insane2

DO NOT TURN SV CHEATS OFF OR IT WILL NOT WORK.

insane3.cfg is for sourcemod.

EDIT: Hunters kill survivors very fast, and the director seems to (as a side effect, I don't know why it does this) spawn some infected such as boomers in groups of two.

When you die, you will spawn at the closest rescue point in about 5 seconds (waiting around is boring).

I tweaked this config to the point that I think the survivors can still win. Otherwise it would suck.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:19 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

interesting work metty :)

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Metritutus wrote:
the director seems to spawn some infected such as boomers in groups of two.

The Boomers came in 2 by 2
hurrah, hurrah.
They vomited on all of us
hurrah, hurrah.
We shoved them back and
blew them up and
melee spammed in
a corner and then
we failed as we got
owned by a Hunter.

Metritutus wrote:
Hunters kill survivors very fast

Goooood, I shall enjoy taking control of a Hunter and letting the bots play as Survivors.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Vote at the top please :)

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well if it's not a problem, we might aswell have it on for a laugh. Though leave it normal most the time.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:04 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

give it a go tonight :D

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Indeed. I don't even need to write a config to restore it all back to defaults when we want to stop it, as sv_cheats 0 changes it all back to defaults. :P

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

sounds like a good plan, erm... not sure I'll be back tonight thinking about it ^^. But give it a go to see how it goes ;D

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: De4dW0lf
If I'm on later I'll give it a try :D

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

De4dW0lf wrote:
If I'm on later I'll give it a try :D

If Si enables it. We can get 4 of us on there, then promise not to cheat with give health etc.

If it works, you shouldn't need to cheat respawn, as it will be quicker to get rescued.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
providing not all die

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Anything happen in the end last night then? ^^

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:22 am 
 Profile E-mail