It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please mark which server you are referring to in the topic using [TF2] or [CSS].

Post Post subject: AVL_ROCKFALLOFDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Definetely not a final version but should do for now just to see what people think etc.

Map Name:Rock Fall Of Doom
Game:Counter Strike: Source
Map Type:'Avalanche'
File Name:avl_rockfallofdoom
Description:Both teams fight for survival against a neverending flow of rocks. Shoot the orange thing at the top of the hill for fun times :D
Screenshot (if available):http://www.xfire.com/video/455ad/

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:06 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: AVL_ROCKFALLOFDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
the name is rather too dramatic. unless it really is doooooooooooooooooooom :O

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:04 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Oh...it's doom

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:50 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
According to your attachment it's actully death.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:44 am 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

It's doom, DOOM I SAY!...I made some last minuite changes before uploading that and didn't change the name :no:
Someone tell me how to improve it!!! (!)

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:59 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

i havent played it or even downloaded yet so can offer no feedback :P

Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:27 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Simple solution:
Play or even download it then offer feedback XD

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

well i kind of have to dl first to play :P. have you included a nav file at all as i cant be bothered to wait for my comp to create one ><

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

No but the map is TINY, takes about 3 seconds to make the .nav file :P

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

ok ive tried it and well i dont really get whats meant to happen. there is an invisible wall in the middle and i cant see anyway to get through it other than at the top of the map (and even then it seems to be a random bout of luck as to if you can get through). if one person is crossing then nobody else can and if one person just camps the other side of this invisible wall then the other team will just die one by one!

also, bots appear to know where there are "gaps" in the wall as they can shoot through it and i cant ><. so is this map intended to be a team v team, knife only? guns? survival from the rocks?

as for the rocks themselves, they dont appear until 30 seconds to go and are fairly easy to deal with (usp spam a clip into one and it gets destroyed) and seeing as there is enough time to rl between boulders / if you use a bigger gun they aren't a great threat. i would propose several boulders coming one after the other so you can shoot down one but are forced to strafe or jump to avoid the next one. this would make it more intense and with lots of people on it would be funny with blocking etc.

although personally i feel this map would be better with no guns and boulders coming from the start (slowly) but then more and more coming slowly as the time progresses. people should have to join the same team and it would be fun to see who can stay alive the longest/ blocking people deliberately. have some fun in that sense (heck even chicken can buy a flashbang and tk if he feels this is how hes going to have fun!)

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Wynney wrote:
ok ive tried it and well i dont really get whats meant to happen. there is an invisible wall in the middle and i cant see anyway to get through it other than at the top of the map (and even then it seems to be a random bout of luck as to if you can get through). if one person is crossing then nobody else can and if one person just camps the other side of this invisible wall then the other team will just die one by one!

also, bots appear to know where there are "gaps" in the wall as they can shoot through it and i cant ><. so is this map intended to be a team v team, knife only? guns? survival from the rocks?

as for the rocks themselves, they dont appear until 30 seconds to go and are fairly easy to deal with (usp spam a clip into one and it gets destroyed) and seeing as there is enough time to rl between boulders / if you use a bigger gun they aren't a great threat. i would propose several boulders coming one after the other so you can shoot down one but are forced to strafe or jump to avoid the next one. this would make it more intense and with lots of people on it would be funny with blocking etc.

although personally i feel this map would be better with no guns and boulders coming from the start (slowly) but then more and more coming slowly as the time progresses. people should have to join the same team and it would be fun to see who can stay alive the longest/ blocking people deliberately. have some fun in that sense (heck even chicken can buy a flashbang and tk if he feels this is how hes going to have fun!)

Thanks and ok...well 3 things:

1. If you shoot the orange thing ONCE the rocks will come.

2. The invisible wall is there so it's just you vs. rocks and whilst making some last minute changes it appears that I've left a gap between the invisible wall and the floor and will fix soon.

3. I wanted rocks to come straight away but after much experimentation it appears the rocks NEED to be activiated otherwise too many are on the map and the physics engine crashes, which kinda ruins the game experience don't you think?
:P
Thanks for the criticism and I'll try and address the problems as soon as I can, also on the 'No-guns' idea if you (or anyone) can think of a way to stop too many boulders killing the game they would be welcome...I already have a trigger_hurt to kill them once they fall of the edge but that's not enough if they are coming from the start.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

its constructive criticism and not bitchy criticism! well, good luck making the map, looks like it will be good fun to play when it's completed :)

Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I never said it was bitchy criticism! ><
I knew it was constructive criticism...and it should be fun to play once i've got it ACTUALLY properly finished

Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

okies, cool, and it would be good on the pub server config, alltalk etc. ^^

Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Yeah, I never expected it to be equested for ED :lol:

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail