It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please mark which server you are referring to in the topic using [TF2] or [CSS].

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: The Ventrillo and War Server are not official Techious

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
i really dont know why people have problems with Ts2...its good, tbh, imo its better than Vent. only a little mod would be awesome, that its says the name who connects :P not only "Member joined - Member Left" i had that on our old StS Vent server : )

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:56 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Vent has a speaking thing built in. Personally, that doesn't really affect me.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:54 pm 

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

it was funny tho xD

Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... peak+sucks

'nuff said.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
lol Si

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Or http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... =teamspeak

Clearly this answers all the problems.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:27 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Fool you failed to spell it right!

Although this made little difference to the end result.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... =teamspeak

On Si's one, being more specific makes things more equal. Air vents could very well suck. :doh:

So:

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... peak+sucks

And to put quotes (uber specific):

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... k+sucks%22

Teamspeak sucks!

Actually, I don't care, I like them both.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

TS still wins.

(And has a much much lower percentage of suck)

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:37 pm 

Skillers wrote:
TS still wins.

(And has a much much lower percentage of suck)

I just altered my post. In the final one, Ventrilo wins. :P

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
:doh: at all of these battles xD

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: toxicsludge94
Hey, as the awp thread was locked, in my opinion so should this be locked. It's another pointless argument that will never be resolved. I use vent when playing wars, purely because that is what people use for that purpose.

In regard to what DHR said about sound quality not mattering, I completely disagree. Enrique (Teeps) is correct, of course it matters :)

Just shut this topic down xD

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Toxic is correct in the sense that we shouldn't bother arguing any more over this. At the end of the day, people will use what they wish to use but they shouldn't whine to Skillers/Si etc when there are idiots on the server spamming about on it.
On TS, the admins can monitor and kick people. On vent, they can't. So if you want people to watch over and kick the idiots on the server, use TS but if you wish to use vent, don't hold the staff responsible for the morons who turn up on it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: toxicsludge94
1. I couldn't have put it better myself
2. You incinuated your brother is a moron?

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

when we close the topic, the problem isnt solved. People using vent and ts, we have to take one!! only one. and i think TS is better for that. because we dont have to pay for it. quality is good enough to play in wars. we did that in TSG. i am using it when i play with german mates in TF2. the quality is good enough. otherwise your mic is stuck in your but. or your ears are <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING>.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

People can use what they want to use in my arrogant opinion, but if it is dictated that all clan members are to leave Vent or face the ban stick, well, I can only oblige. ;D

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
This topic should be close not because either of the two programs is better, but because people keep stating their opinions are facts and cant shut the <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> up. Let me just finish this up;

FACT: TS is free vent isnt
FACT: Vent costs for 10+slots
FACT: Techious wont pay for that

So TS2 wins, END. OF. DISCUSSION.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ogris has an interesting point.

Vent has better voice quality because they get moar funding from the fact that it costs to have more than an 8 slot server (Wynney does however pay for a server with more than 8 slots, but it's not "official" Techious).

The big issue here is 'oh noes, Vent is subvertion the 'official' Techious TS2.

As far as I'm concerned, there are people who use one, or the other, or both. Neither is dying at the expense of the other, and both have been around for months now.

I say there is no issue. That is my final word on it. Stop arguing. Anyone posting another topic on this or bringing up the subject in another thread will be banned for a week because I'm sick of the arguing. I am not joking.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Am I allowed to use our CSS server? Apparently i'm not cos i dont use vent so I should drop out so more venters can join or something.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Woah, haven't you heard, it's the Techious mix server

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Aww man I'm so out the loop! :<

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

wasnt this topic locked?

I was on our Server today and i disconnected because people just doesnt stop to talk about which fµcking speakserver is better. this is stupid and annoying. please stop talking about that -.-

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

My thoughts on this matter - :doh:

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:26 pm 

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

My Dogs Opinion:

Dog Facepalm for the win :p

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Epic facepalm.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
Hey not being gay or anything, but i like boys :O, oh no wait, My point, who i play css with they get along with me "woop" and they have an argument that vent is better. they dont have teamspeak but have vent. Why should i now say to them, sorry look we know weve been playing together for a bit now, but hey, we (me franky other dudes) arnt actually aloud here anymore, Cyas :D So Download teamspeak even though you dont want to, or i could use the vent server wynney provided to play with them :D

Am I allowed to use our CSS server? Apparently i'm not cos i dont use vent so I should drop out so more venters can join or something.

Nobody said that si XD

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next