It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please mark which server you are referring to in the topic using [TF2] or [CSS].

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Post subject: The Ventrillo and War Server are not official Techious

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Right, I keep getting people asking me to come on Ventrillo/War server to do some admining or whatever, so I need to say something;

The War Server and Ventrillo servers are not official Techious servers!

What does this mean?

Simply put;

They are not supported by the Techious staff!

Both these servers are owned by Markus (Wynney) and bear the TCHS name on goodfaith, but are not part of our official server list.

The staff don't have admin on these servers, and I'm pretty sure none of us even use them. I don't even have Ventrillo installed (and never have).

Do not ask us to set things up on this server, we CANNOT help you.

If you wish for our help, use the official Techious servers, which are, at present;
CSS public server
TF2 Public server
TeamSpeak 2
All official Techious servers have the IP 78.129.231.184 (with ports where necessary). They are the only servers we can help you on.

We did have a CSS War server at one point, but it was closed due to lack of use (everyone used the unofficial one), and we felt it was a waste of resources. As such, we cannot help you with the War server and are not inclined to set the public server up for wars.

Basically: Don't pester the staff about these servers, and don't complain when we don't help - WE CAN'T HELP. Also, do not ask us to use these servers, as staff we are inclined to get the official servers working properly rather than using unofficial servers. If we want voice chat, we use TS2, if we want to play CSS, we use the pub.

Thank you

- Skillers/TCHS staff.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:18 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: The Ventrillo and War Server are not official Techious

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Did any of the staff even have admin on Vent lol

Also note that official servers tend to be on the 'Servers' link at the top of every techious webpage.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

If you didn't then no-one did (I didn't, and I doubt Met and Wigo would have it as there would be no point).

And yes, that is true, I just wanted to clarify that we can't do anything on the unofficial servers.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:36 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: wigouche
nop not got ether and game server wise have no acess and voice to greater latency atm so im no use at all but the ocational thread moderation on here lol

Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
i lol'd reading this topic :)

Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Wynney wrote:

It's the truth however and it's no laughing matter. T-T

Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Metritutus wrote:
Wynney wrote:

It's the truth however and it's no laughing matter. T-T

Yes Wynney, this is no laughing matter, and its exactly comments like that that cause problems.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, it's really annoying for the staff to be asked repeatedly to do stuff we can't do.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:47 pm 

Banned
Banned
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: link0704
yeah its a mega f*** up cus we cant even use it wen admin away ! and thats just ghey !!

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Skillers wrote:
Yeah, it's really annoying for the staff to be asked repeatedly to do stuff we can't do.

why cant you do anything?

what am i supposed to do about anything? I cant even use steam servers. i have also requested more people being given admin because i cant do this, it doesnt make any sense to me?! I asked this maybe a month ago now... I know for a fact several staff, do, however, have admin.

Also, vent doesnt need admins to be setup, people login using one password, which, i promise you Si (for example) is very much aware of. What with having access to every gameserver password and all.

Stop with all this saying we cant do anything, because you can.

Si, if its not laughing matter, setup some admin for me for other people to stop them whining as i can do NOTHING about it.

OR, setup a war server. btw, my war server was used because the war server you provided had no configs or war settings. oh yes, that and the fact nobody had admin on that either so we couldnt play wars?

Dont say you can do nothing, every point above ^ is a valid argument. This could easilly be solved :) people dont need to be told to sod off cos we cant help. cos that wont solve anything. ppl will just get annoyed and come asking me. and i can do nothing :(. and then they say you can do nothing because you have no powers. well thats wrong ^^.

so whatever the best choice from here according to the staff is cool with me ^^. iirc admin takes v little time to setup, but again its up to you.

mmmkay im v tired after the freshers ball so im going to stop typing now,.

oh and i lol because its such a big fuss over something so small :|. it could be sorted so easilly! i liked the use of big writing as well ^^.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:56 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

oh yeh and that servers subscription runs out next month iirc ^^.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well I don't have admin, I don't even have the IPs anymore (never used Vent either), and people ask me to do stuff quite a lot, which is very annoying.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:48 am 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It appears the vent servers are being spammed by idiots. Seems like I can do umm... nothing.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Radomers joining?

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:01 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

muahaha i have solved this problem :P although Si hasnt even told me the problem ;o

Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:53 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Banned
Banned
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

aprently sum 1 called soya sauce joined vent and spammed so im told by pank i wasnt here as was formating ma pc ?

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Banned
Banned

so what can us css players go on now is there a new vent ? or nething
oh and ts is bit jumpy and sumtimes cuts out while playing ?????????????????????
:lol: 8) :@ >< :no: :S

Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

There is no new Vent, and we will not be providing one. Teamspeak is there, and it has the channel for CSS. It works fine for me (well, not atm, but that's cos my TS install is bust, lol).

Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:42 am 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
May I suggest Mumble?

I remeber you saying you had troubles with Ventrillo as it takes up too much memory or something, and TeamSpeak doesn't but unfortunately has worse sound quality.

Well apparantly Mumble has great quality and is very polite to your system ;)

Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Actually, the main reason we didn't go Vent was that for private use (IE not selling servers like GameServers do) you are only licenced to have 10 people on at the same time, which is useless for us. We will not be providing an extra voice server as that would just be a waste.

As for Mumble - we may look into that, looks pretty good.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:32 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i am fixing the vent up from people who spam it with random people and admin abuse. i am doing this whilst having no access to ventrilo - it takes time.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Banned
Banned

mate u say that but i havent seen any spaming !!

Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I'd swear you asked me to come on and kick someone the other day (even though I can't).

Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:32 pm 

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: toxicsludge94
old topic but hey

why when warring do we use vent...why not ts?

Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
i really dont know why you use Vent. TS2 is awesome :/

Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next