It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please mark which server you are referring to in the topic using [TF2] or [CSS].

Post Post subject: SourceTV replay available for download!

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
This is one of the interesting features of our servers, all SourceTV replays are available to download from our website soon after the map has finished.

To download the SourceTV replays go to this page and select the server you were playing on. All replays are then displayed by time, with the newest at the top. The list also shows which map was being played at the time, to help you find the correct demo.

The replays contain all data from the game, and allow you to watch the events as if you were spectating the game live. You can select which player you wish to view and what view mode you want (first person, third person or free roam). You can also skip to certain parts of the video or change the speed by entering "demoui" into the console. This could be useful if you were playing well and wish to keep footage of your playing for making a frag video, or simply wish to get a demo from a non first person view point. It also helps us admin the servers by letting us look over incidents again and slow down replays to determine if people were hacking.

Enjoy!

- Skillers and the administration

Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:05 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: SourceTV replay available for download!

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Put them into you /cstrike or /tf folder and then open the game and then open console and type;

playdemo <demoname>

It should allow a dropdown of autocomplete.

There is no other way of watching them, because they are game state data and not videos. This does mean you have full control of how you watch it, though.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:13 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well there is no other way, it's built into the source games. It does have it's advantages, namely watching anything you want and small files.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:19 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
Skillers, there is always another way!

Never tried them myself, but Seismovision and CSE Demo Player should both be capable of playing CS:S demos.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Heh, that's cool. I would have thought they needed the right game as it needs all the model assets and such. You could try that, though.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:59 am 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
...... does that mean I can have videos of sessions on the TCHS TF2 server to put into my TCHS TF2 video?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yes, they are all available, since we got the server (and have been pretty much since launch). Just remember the date/time/map and you should be able to find it.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:16 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Righto, I'll get started as soon as I can get my hands on a decent computer (hopefully November/December time) and Sony Vegas Pro 8 :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail