It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Lets Play LoL

Posting Spree
Posting Spree
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Vakrian
hey guys i just started playing LoL for the first time a few days ago and man its fun! so i was wondering if some of you guys feel like forming a team?

let me know what you think
Vakrian

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Lets Play LoL

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Quite a few people play LoL on the techious mumble. Sure you will be able to jump into a game with them sometime.

I think like ~8 people ish play it regularly.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Spree
Posting Spree
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

sounds cool...tho im no good at the game at the moment...feel free to add me im "vakky" becourse some idiot stole Vakrian...

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Lets see:

Me and my Uni friend
Scottie
Reb
Rennac
BeeBee + his brother (I think that's who Coldheat is?)
ChocoButtons
Chicken
Untamed
Azraeleus
Schro

I think of that lot, I'm the only non 30 (I'm 27ish, IIRC).

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:09 pm 

Posting Spree
Posting Spree

im still trying to find the champ that suits me just right tho its kinda hard...btw it could not find buttons

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sorry, I should have said, in a lot of cases those aren't the summoner names, which I can't remember ATM (and can't check because it will take forever to login while the Dominion beta is up).

As for champs, get yourself a small selection of cheap champs that fill a few roles. The easiest champs to play tend to be the "bruisers", champions that have a lot of survivability but can also do a fair bit of damage. Also look at www.solomid.net to get some guides on how to play/build.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:26 pm 

Posting Spree
Posting Spree

thanks but at the moment im looking at mobaFire.com for builds as a old WoW raider i tend to want to get into details about every stat and how it scales :)

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/L ... gends_Wiki is a good place to look for information about scaling, including how each stat works and what diminishing returns are in effect. I personally didn't like Mobafire's champion guides/website, but that's just personal preference.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:53 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
William plays it a lot at the moment also! Not sure what level he is but I'd guess still very low compared to others as he's only just started playing.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Spree
Posting Spree

he he yea but im only lvl 9 tho...i find my self stuck tho im looking at the champion tire list for what champions are good...most of the fun champions seems to be in tire 2-3 only the boring champ are in tire 1...so question is should i go for vlad a tire 1 champ or urgot a giant undead crab that shoots acid and can switch places with a person...i cant make up my mind

p.s Urgot is Tire 2

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Ignore the Tier list - it's about champions that fit the meta roles well, not general power. As such, it's pretty much only for ranked play, generally at reasonably high Elo, and even then only a guideline. Pick a champ that is fun and you want to play (might be an idea to test a lot of the free champs each week, especially the cheap ones).

The best thing you can do at low level is to learn:
Team comp (note, a low level team comp won't be the same as a ranked team comp - you won't see many junglers [need runes] and proper support play would be hard, especially with the general poor ability to last hit. What you should consider is if you have enough crowd controls [stuns etc] and damage, balanced damage between phys and magic and have a team that can initiate and won't all die in one hit).
Last hitting - money is important, learn to get lots of it. In the same vein, learn how to deny your enemies last hits - control the lane position and scare them off with ranged abilities. Never push your lane too far up unless warded - you will get ganked.
Map control/awareness. Ideally look at warding, if you're playing phys dps a Wriggle's lantern is a very good item for the cost, and the free ward can be very helpful. Also understand how big the jungle is - Baron is a gamewinner, Dragon is a massive boost (190g for everyone, and some experience) and the buffs can be very useful.
Knowing what to do and when - do you push, fight or run? One thing that a lot of people don't get is if their entire team is pushing bottom and you're top with your whole team up defending, that should be see as some free towers for you at top, towers are far more important than kills.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:17 pm 

Posting Spree
Posting Spree

thanks skillers i will take that to heart...tho its not hard to creep deny the enemy i offen play gragas and i just trow a barrel at my creep minions that do make it rather hard for the enemy to get near the creep :)
speaking of jungling i just got Udyr (fun fact Udyr is the Danish name for the beast in the beauty and the beast)but i cant seems to jungle i watch videos on YouTube and read post about how to jungle but i simply cannot get the golem down...got any tips?

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It is very hard to jungle pre level 30. Runes and masteries add a lot to a build, especially at level 1. You may be able to do the golem if someone "leashes" for you, but getting people to do that in a low level pub game would be hard.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 pm 

Posting Spree
Posting Spree

soooo...i just trow away a lot of RP for nothing...great...well back to gragas we go

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
add me y'all :D i am McWill, da best ashe whore in all EU (H)
level 10
but that aint no matter to a baus.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:12 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Heh, only money I spent on the game was £15 to get two boxed copies to unlock both the original champion bundles. Which leaves me with 40 champions and the rest of them all being 3150IP+.

Also, it's worth noting that the "free skins" they give out for following them on FB or YT also unlock the champions (Tristana for FB and Alistar for YT, both are pretty decent).

Added you McWill (0-4-0 in AI game? Nice :P), but couldn't find a "vakky", you are on EU West, right?

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:25 am 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

yeh man xD
holding mid against 3 people is hard when your only support is Ryze camping the tower just outside of spawn :(

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Heh, I suppose you have to deal with people your level. Do you ever play non bot games?

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:45 am 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

played one or two with scottie, actually won them i think. though i doubt i was the reason for this.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Spree
Posting Spree

no im on EU north

[edit] tho i could swich if you are on EU west

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:56 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

If you want to play with us, you will need to switch to EUW, though that will prevent you from playing with people on EUNE.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:59 pm 

Posting Spree
Posting Spree

ok im gonna swich then...btw the name is Photack not vakky found that out today

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail