It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: Diablo 3

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

azcn2503 wrote:

Wow, is the exchange that uses actual money online yet?

Also do you have any suggestions on my BF3 question that I made in the BF3 thread? :P

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
They've been putting the release date of the real money auction house back, I think because of things like this.

As for Battlefield 3... change your currency to Rupees in Origin, and get Battlefield 3 Premium ;) you save about £17 by doing this. You may have to pay a £1 overseas charge if you pay by debit card. Premium saves you about £20 over the course of a year with all the expansion packs.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

azcn2503 wrote:
They've been putting the release date of the real money auction house back, I think because of things like this.

As for Battlefield 3... change your currency to Rupees in Origin, and get Battlefield 3 Premium ;) you save about £17 by doing this. You may have to pay a £1 overseas charge if you pay by debit card. Premium saves you about £20 over the course of a year with all the expansion packs.

Is there any way I can get a boxed copy? Otherwise the game will be a sizeable download.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I will do some investigations :)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

azcn2503 wrote:
I will do some investigations :)

Cheers. So far I've found a few DLC codes available for pre-order, and standard BF3.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

This game is actually bad. Don't buy it! It's been hacked to pieces and it's showing no signs of improving.

I'm adding it to the list of all other Blizzard games that I don't play!

So you know the level of hackery we are dealing with - there is a topic on their forum (it's also a popular topic, so it's on the front page of Diablo 3 dot com) that provides the names of and hyperlinks to botting and scripting software for use in this game. No joke! http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4551311225 , what an embarrassing time for Blizzard.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Sad, but somewhat predictable. Especially bad seeing as this online only stuff (which has caused a lot of problems for many people) was meant to stop it, and it seems it has opened it up more.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:41 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I'm considering selling my account. If you know anybody who is interested in playing Diablo 3, with a 60 Wizard with 20k DPS and 1.6m gold, let me know.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

It's still bad after they released the real-money Auction House? I saw a screenshot with some silly prices for that as well.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

My god this is hilarious!

brb quitting job!

Watch this video on Youtube.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:44 am 
 Profile E-mail  

He goes on about people buying the item just so they could 'donate' to him, but I doubt that was the case. The prices I've seen in screenshots etc for items in that Auction House are insane. It also tempts me to buy the game....to try and sell items at insane prices. I don't think the Auction House is online in Europe yet though?

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

It's online in Europe now.

People are selling TERRIBLE items for HUGE money. I could make a lot of money. 99% of the items I loot are trash. If I listed each one for £10, I would make money thick and fast.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:34 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
So let me see if I understand this right. Game is bad. Game is full of hackers and that ruins it. However if you are a horrible person (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy3dIicSI_0) you could make a lot of money out of people.

Yeah... sounds great... xD

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:40 am 
 Profile E-mail  

azcn2503 wrote:

People are selling TERRIBLE items for HUGE money. I could make a lot of money. 99% of the items I loot are trash. If I listed each one for £10, I would make money thick and fast.

Go for it and let us know how you get on! This might ACTUALLY make me buy the game...

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Lord Metritutus wrote:
azcn2503 wrote:

Go for it and let us know how you get on! This might ACTUALLY make me buy the game...

Really? :/

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Prices will dwindle, especially when the £200 items DON'T sell. People will start looking for quick money. Because there is no item binding/attuning all items will recirculate and eventually devalue everything else to next to nothing. Only the truly best in slot items will sell for ridiculous money, in a few weeks time.

Still, if you owned the game right now, it would be nice to make a bit of extra money on the side. This game is massively populated and there are a huge number of hacked accounts, bots making and selling gold, etc. so... take advantage while you can.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
I am actually disgusted by what is being talked about in this thread. How can you POSSIBLY be talking this way?

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:12 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

DHR-107 wrote:
I am actually disgusted by what is being talked about in this thread. How can you POSSIBLY be talking this way?

It's just... Diablo 3 all over. It's borderline illegal lol.

I could probably make enough money from the RMAH to get a McDonalds meal every day for the next few weeks. The items I get are uhh.. pretty bad.

This whole game is bad.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:13 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I am a pretty horrible person so I will probably buy the game and try this out. Not botting or anything nefarious like that, just playing it normally and selling stuff for actual money. Crazy...

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Beware! Buying from the auction house can get you banned for 25 years!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4725362667

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
People do this kind of thing with TF2 items too so I'm not surprised there are idiots people willing to pay real money for items inside a game.

I'll not tell John what a monster he is though for being persuaded to buy a game purely because you have the power to exploit human stupidity rather than for actually wanting to... you know... play the game...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I'd like to say you'd have to work really hard to get an awesome character capable of farming for these great items but... well...

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Hawke wrote:
People do this kind of thing with TF2 items too so I'm not surprised there are idiots people willing to pay real money for items inside a game.

I'll not tell John what a monster he is though for being persuaded to buy a game purely because you have the power to exploit human stupidity rather than for actually wanting to... you know... play the game...

Oh I'd be playing the game alright... ;)

But yes, the potential for monetary gain here has me very tempted, assuming it's possible for me to actually make a profit.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
well, i think this is a dumb and easy to exploit system they have, but if people are going to be stupid enough to spend $200 on in game rubbish i'm not going to stop them. people do it in real life often enough.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

My proud moment from today.

Update: and my first try at Act 3 went pretty well too:

Also: Blizzard improve this game a lot since I last played it (July 2012)

Update again: I actually play at that resolution.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail