It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: So I finally made a GoG account

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/rollerco ... oon_deluxe

It behaves a bit strangely in Win 7 (your desktop essentially vanishes until you exit - no icons or taskbar).

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:17 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: So I finally made a GoG account

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I've got both the Freespace games on there, and I've been tempted to buy the Master of Orion games as well as I know the second one is very good.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
I have RCT3 and RCT2 :| But the original was still the best one imo :) Will look into this when I have cash again :D

Wonder if the original will even install on Win7 :|

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The GoG version is patched (all GoG games are patched to run on XP/Vista and most for 7, they may not have finished going through some of the earlier games they put up). It runs a bit funny (not taskbar when it's running, sometimes need to alt-tab a bit before you can click anything when it closes).

I sort of agree with RCT1 being the best one. RCT 2 was a much better game (lots of extra features and polish that made the game better to play), but it sorely lacked the level variety and progression that the large number of unlockable scenarios of the first (with expansions) provided. I think if RCT2 operated with the same scenario setup as the first, it would be perfect.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:48 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

I found my old disk copy of RCT and the LL disk.. ;)

Got it working by running in Admin mode, with some of the compatibility options on and stuff. Not full screen but it saves and loads. Weirdly, I couldn't get it to load when I didn't have LL installed, but when I did install LL it worked fine O_o

XP SP3 Compatibility mode, Disable Visual themes and Disable desktop composition and it works great :)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:44 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, I figured it would be possible to get it running, but I figured for $6 it was worth it, especially as I don't own LL on disk (borrowed it off my sister's friend back in the day, only own Added Attraction AKA Corkscrew Follies). Plus, the disks are in Newent and I prefer downloads anyway.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:47 am 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Oh man, playing this brings back some serious nostalgia... Some of the missions are so epic too :D Love the LL ones where money is no object ^^ Just play grounds essentially. I always end up using Arid Heights as a "Coaster Designer".

Trying to do the Blackpool Pleasure Beach map now... Actually harder than it looks :/

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I want to unlock the mega park again, but may take a while ><

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:54 am 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

That's the one right at the end of the original isn't it? And it's MASSIVE :| Didn't realise Blackpool Pleasure Beach has a 2 million loan O_O That's nearly as bad as the Alton Towers debt...

Still, I only have to get another 600 people in the park form the starting figure so...

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:15 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, you have to beat everything in the original and you get this massive park split into zones (sand, grass etc).

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:51 am