It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Starcraft II

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Buy it. That is all.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Starcraft II

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Want to, is too expensive.

Though don't we already have a thread?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:54 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Why?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
awesome gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

p.s idra you're being a <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> idiot

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Heh, I just saw that clip, was hilarious. Isn't Idra always a bit stupid/over-reactive, though?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:42 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

He is rage filled.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Skillers wrote:
Heh, I just saw that clip, was hilarious. Isn't Idra always a bit stupid/over-reactive, though?

He's an insane player, but has a habit of leaving games as soon as he feels something isn't going his way (like as soon as he's a little behind, he believes he won't win if the other guy doesn't make a mistake so he may as well just quit).

It's a shame really because he really is an amazing player

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
Harry wrote:
Why?

•best game around.
•Its challenging and competitive.
•Non repetitive (After almost a year of play people are still not close to working out the best way to play)
•its shiny
•you can earn 200k per year salaries if your good (for e.g NaDa/Boxer) and around 100k per month if you can win LANS (GSL/MLG/TSL/NASL/DreamHack or money through Streaming etc)
•you cant master it and it rewards skill, punishes idiocy.
•need more buttons than W+m1 to dominate.
•few retards
•No Ubers
•Camping = lose
•Nice community
•No Pyros
•Helpful people will give you there time if you need it
•Fun to watch
•Great personalities in the community
•Travel the world if your good
•i play
•cant get a free win or auto lose based on race/class
•its actually good
•Good matchmaking ladder system so your always playing people of similar skill
•Fast paced
•Lots of depth and fun strategic elements
•no Pyros
•no Pyros
•no relying on allies, its all you
•no unfair/unwinable situations
•Oh and i play :)

pick your favorites!

Yes, IdrA is godlike tbh. he's the best non korean to ever touch Broodwar and the same is probably true in SC2.
As wynney sais, his play does not count on other player making mistakes, if the only chance of him winning is for the enemy to mess up in someway he will leave. if its possible for him to win with the enemy playing his best he'll stay. sometimes he really beats himself thought, when he's annoyed he plays sloppy and leaves when he's still in, really <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> stupid of him, but its a shame really.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

A nice community as long as you don't visit the Battle.Net forums which are filled with egotistical idiots who tout their League rank as a means to say 'my opinion is right fools and this is how good I am'.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Lord Metritutus wrote:
A nice community as long as you don't visit the Battle.Net forums which are filled with egotistical idiots who tout their League rank as a means to say 'my opinion is right fools and this is how good I am'.

you mean you find people who raise good points?
http://i.imgur.com/8X2Rp.jpg

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Oh that was brilliant:

"Just because I'm bronze doesn't mean I don't know math" - Nope, that would be your complete misunderstanding of percentages :P

On the semi-topic of balance, this is pretty cool: http://i.imgur.com/eJge4.png (based off tournament games, not including mirror matches)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 pm 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

nooo your not supposed to show him that one D:
you use this one so you can conclude terran is bullshit and protoss needs a stim upgrade for colossus.
http://i.imgur.com/N36Xm.png

its based on a smaller sample size in korea where there is 1 tournament and most of the pro players from bw who have switched over are coincidentally terrans. which ofc makes it far more accurate than the one based on 7x as many games with a more even race representation.

Lord Metritutus wrote:

well this is kinda true, shame the angry people are the most outspoken people despite being in the tiny minority. However, if bronze player A askes for help in a forum and 2 people reply with contradicting posts, rank is a good indicator of who you should listen too, chances are the higher ranked player is right/more accurate.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Lord Metritutus wrote:

Watch this video on Youtube.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:59 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

bumping this because i've been awake for ~36 hours and if i dont do something to occupy myself while i'm waiting for my lecturer to grade my work i'll fall asleep pretty much instantly.
anyone want some games later tonight?
I'm up for moar KOTH and trying out the BroodWar mod
:D:D:D

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Get online and I'll show you my ultimate strategy!

Glory to the Mothership!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

exam tomorrow, doubt i will come online at any point (should be revising right now l0l ;/)

would be cool to try out the BW mod at some point though where tanks are actually good (;))

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

sadface, well good luck dude! maybe see you on the day after?
as for tonight, i'll take on the role of the raging terran :D:D
really need to learn that race.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I shall probably be online tomorrow evening after my exam (: :). Ok just a 10 min break now then back to work hehehe.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Watch this video on Youtube.
reply @ wyn in D&D thread, but dont want to derail even moar :D
from yesterday mornings daily, he was a little....off.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

McWill wrote:
reply @ wyn in D&D thread

How dare you derail my topic :(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

posting starcraft content in starcraft thread = derail? :(
skillers, i'll be needing that ban now please.

p.s. anyone want to play starcraft?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdgYGQRY ... re=related

MEMEMEME

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

McWill wrote:
posting starcraft content in starcraft thread = derail? :(

Indeed. Posting relevant content can be classified as a derail!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:44 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

i tried the broodwar mod earlier and its glorious :D but sooooo hard to play.
Got crushed in a big battle against wynney despite having a 100 supply advantage due to my bad micro and his good tank placement which goes to show how careful you have to be. we must play more @ whoever has the game.
to get the mod search for "SC2BW" when creating a custom game, download any of the maps and the mod will install :)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:19 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lmao

34 food v 130 food (i think)?
All my food was tanks though trolololol. WITH A CONCAVE

tara will's army o.O

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:24 am 
 Profile E-mail