It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post Post subject: Re: So.... Minecraft 1.6

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Quote:
+ Blocks destroyed by other players in multiplayer now shows the breaking block particle effect

Does this mean when we mass TNT we will all crash? Or is it the physics crashing us?

Also...

I'm really excited about playing this tonight!

I have some big questions though...

What is at the bottom of the nether?

What is at the TOP!?

Can you excavate the nether? How difficult are the resources to mine? Do they require a special tool?

Can we bring materials back through from the nether just as we can take them in? Do they decay in the real world? Similarly do real world items decay in the nether? Do they burn?

How tough are the creatures in the nether?

Is it possible to live in the nether?

If your portal gets destroyed...
... are you stuck in the nether too?

If you die in the nether, do you revive on land?
What if you make a bed in the nether? WHAT HAPPENS THEN!?

I am hoping that someone is going to tell me that it is impossible to live in the nether... because I'm going to do it anyway. You can call me Hellboy if you want. It's a completely original name.

Thu May 26, 2011 12:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I know answers to some of my own questions now!

azcn2503 wrote:
What is at the bottom of the nether?

Bedrock lul. Update: and lava, loads of it.

azcn2503 wrote:
What is at the TOP!?

Anybody got here yet?

azcn2503 wrote:
Can you excavate the nether? How difficult are the resources to mine? Do they require a special tool?

Yes, it's easy, and even fists bust through netherrack just fine but a pick is super fast, even a wooden one.

azcn2503 wrote:
Can we bring materials back through from the nether just as we can take them in? Do they decay in the real world? Similarly do real world items decay in the nether? Do they burn?

Yes things can be transported to and taken back from the nether. Certain items do not work in the nether - water buckets evaporate, beds explode.

azcn2503 wrote:
How tough are the creatures in the nether?

I died very quickly to 2 zombie pigmen that fell through the roof of my death defying tunnel. Not so death defying any more... Also, ghasts are very formidable - if they fire at the netherrack they will blow holes through it until they can blow a hole through your skull.

azcn2503 wrote:
Is it possible to live in the nether?

MOST DEFINITELY!

azcn2503 wrote:
If your portal gets destroyed...
... are you stuck in the nether too?

I think so. If you are unable to re-light the portal then I guess the only way out is to die.

azcn2503 wrote:
If you die in the nether, do you revive on land?
What if you make a bed in the nether? WHAT HAPPENS THEN!?

As mentioned above, I'm sure I overheard that beds EXPLODE in the nether. I need to see it to believe it though.

Fri May 27, 2011 7:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Q: do redstone circuits work in SMP?

Fri May 27, 2011 10:31 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

I believe so.

Fri May 27, 2011 12:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
All stuff works in SMP now, I think.

Also;
You can make portals in the Nether, just like you can in the normal world.
Pigmen only attack if provoked.

Fri May 27, 2011 12:58 pm 

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mini-rennac
Woo managed to grow a tree in the nether!

Fri May 27, 2011 1:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Pigmen only attack if provoked? That's bull; they dropped through my ceiling and killed me from behind! By provoke do you mean get within a certain distance of? I think they pretty much jumped on top of me so maybe our hitboxes collided or something. They really hurt.

Also..

Skillers wrote:
All stuff works in SMP now, I think.

This is really awesome. I have plans for a great mine.

Fri May 27, 2011 1:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I've never really been in the nether, but I believe it's if you hit any of them at all with anything. If they fell on your head while you were mining, you probably hit them.

Fri May 27, 2011 2:07 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

True. I'll be more careful in the future.

Sat May 28, 2011 6:42 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
I don't know why I am playing on our Server. The Server is Whitelisted, means that only trusted People can join it, yet People continuously keep stealing my Stuff. This is a Disappointment and a real shame that his was not done by a Randomer..

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
bye then!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Stolen from chests or outside? I noticed you had a balloon thing that disappeared between my visits. Could have burnt down in a thunderstorm, I guess.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:52 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

It was most definitely not me. However schlurbi, I will help you to regain whatever was lost. I know it doesn't change the fact that somebody has backstabbed you. Hopefully you can find the goods you need in my shaft. My shaft has a half decent store of common and semi-uncommon items, probably including iron and gold ingots, string, bone, and maybe enough gunpowder to make a couple of blocks of TNT.

Also:

My workmate is using my lumbercrack account for the next few weeks. If you see lumbercrack, then greet him as "Steve" -- please be aware that he has already figured out how to flood my shaft on a local copy we set up at work, and he absolutely loves TNT. Please nobody tell him how to make TNT!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Skillers wrote:
Stolen from chests or outside? I noticed you had a balloon thing that disappeared between my visits. Could have burnt down in a thunderstorm, I guess.

I removed the Balloon by myself. I am talking about my Resources like Iron, Gold, Coal, Smooth Stone, etc, loot from Creatures like Gunpowder, Strings and crafted Materials like Arrows.

Also, thank you Aaron. I may check it out later.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
I haven't even installed the game so it wasn't me.
If you want to leave the game though, bye!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Wynney and Hawke, exactly how are your posts useful in this thread? Neither of you are under suspicion especially as at least one of you don't own the game, so why post especially just "goodbye" messages which at the best of times are less than helpful.

For peoples information, I cannot do anything about this because of bukkit and its stupid f*cked up way of managing the nether so stopping stuff getting stolen means we lose the nether.
Those who were on the server during the time that stuff could have been taken are:
  • Will2k123
  • simonpcook
  • De4dCh1ck3n
  • DeeDoubleYou
  • HarryTorry
  • DHR
  • kyhas
  • azcn2503
  • Skillers
  • Nicholai1806
  • smudge
  • miller101
  • Lord_Sinister

So... whos owning up here?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

This is the first time I've seen a post about a post being useful which interests me as if you want I could link to a few users ENTIRE post history :)))

If he doesn't want to play on the server, he doesn't have to. Noone is forcing him. Whining isn't going to solve anything. Asking around being as there are a limited number of people using the serving asking if someone used his resources would be far more productive, no?

Also, it's a video game. Please lets not use a term such as 'stealing' in contrast to such a thing.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Someone broke the Nether portal in mine and Nick's church, and dug a hole in the side of the wall. They also put a platform made if iron ore which allows zombies etc to just walk in to the place at night. I was only on briefly and didn't have to to fix it, and I don't have the Obsidian to fix the gate.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Wynney wrote:
This is the first time I've seen a post about a post being useful which interests me as if you want I could link to a few users ENTIRE post history :)))

If he doesn't want to play on the server, he doesn't have to. Noone is forcing him. Whining isn't going to solve anything. Asking around being as there are a limited number of people using the serving asking if someone used his resources would be far more productive, no?

Also, it's a video game. Please lets not use a term such as 'stealing' in contrast to such a thing.

I never said I want to leave this Game. Look, I am working 9 Hours a Day, when I am back Home I want to have some Fun and continue on Minecraft where I stopped it last Day and not wanting to go search for Stuff again. It may be a Video Game, but "stealing" yeah stealing the Stuff I had to collect is ruining my Fun on this Game. Seeing that this has been done by one of us makes it even worse.

Please do something constructive in another Thread.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash

Watch this video on Youtube.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

I'll perma-ban the next person who trolls in this thread.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Nor did I say you have to.

You don't know why you're playing on the server. That's what you said. So don't it? I don't have a care in the world either way.

Claiming someone is stealing when it's resources in a video game where the whole world is a whole resource is nothing short of ridiculous. Ask around and find out who did it if it's really that big a deal. I'm sure they won't have any problem returning what they have taken. Ofc if I had resources I wouldn't care but that's just me - maybe I'm the only person in the entire world who thought the entire point of playing MP in the game was to share and help build shit together. Your resources would be safe in single player, by the way.

I don't care how long you've worked. On the same standards I just want to stop revising to not read constant <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> moaning about maps / map votes or whatever else people have taken to moaning today.

You're right I should post something relevant. Perhaps I should go and post in the starcraft 2 topic how I think it's horrific someone has stolen my expo again.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Thread Locked. Let me eat my dinner and i'll fix minecraft :)

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
Lord Metritutus wrote:

and yet we wonder why people don't post here anymore. You try to lighten the mood with a little humor and get threatened with a ban?

Ok, I'll be dry and serious as it seems to be the only format your allowed to post in now unless your making a trivial complaint...

someone stole schlurbi's digital goods, i accept its annoying for him and means he must spend more time getting them back. But complaining about it here achieves what exactly? Si has posted a list of people who were on the server, half of them don't read the forums ever, some rarely read them and the few who come here regularly are unlikely to have 'stolen' stuff in the first place.

there is nothing that can be done and nothing more to say on this, if he wants them back he's going to have to ask the people on the server.

Now this part to come is not aimed at anyone here, its a general complaint i feel is relevant to the current state of the community.
If someone has an issue with a person or a problem that has nothing to do with TCHS i don't care and don't want to read about it here, use steam chat if you must make an issue of it. If you feel something is wrong/unjust that actually concerns the community, PM a mod?
Stupid posts are asking for stupid replies, if it offends you so much to see 'trolls' then you best give me that ban!
If you justify a stupid comment with a serious answer you are inviting more stupid comments! . If someone really feels the need to tell something pointless to all of us cant you bump and old 'random shit' topic so we know the post quality before reading it?

The forums have degraded into almost pure bitching and moaning, anyone who attempts to lighten the mood (the apparent trolls (about 50% of active posters)) is threatened with bans and post deletion. Mods are threatening other mods over trifling matters and there is no structure or order to posts other than you must not under any circumstances attempt to make a joke or do something to imply that you don't actually give a shit about some worthless complaint.

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!

We are supposed to be a community for fun and it pisses me off when i come here to relax after working all day to see stuff like this.

sorry to post after the lock but i need to let off some rage or i might do something crazy like post another 10 second youtube video to sum up my feelings!
(like this one:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK_a11bkPyk)

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

McWill wrote:
Lord Metritutus wrote:

and yet we wonder why people don't post here anymore. You try to lighten the mood with a little humor and get threatened with a ban?

Ok, I'll be dry and serious as it seems to be the only format your allowed to post in now unless your making a trivial complaint...

someone stole schlurbi's digital goods, i accept its annoying for him and means he must spend more time getting them back. But complaining about it here achieves what exactly? Si has posted a list of people who were on the server, half of them don't read the forums ever, some rarely read them and the few who come here regularly are unlikely to have 'stolen' stuff in the first place.

there is nothing that can be done and nothing more to say on this, if he wants them back he's going to have to ask the people on the server.

Now this part to come is not aimed at anyone here, its a general complaint i feel is relevant to the current state of the community.
If someone has an issue with a person or a problem that has nothing to do with TCHS i don't care and don't want to read about it here, use steam chat if you must make an issue of it. If you feel something is wrong/unjust that actually concerns the community, PM a mod?
Stupid posts are asking for stupid replies, if it offends you so much to see 'trolls' then you best give me that ban!
If you justify a stupid comment with a serious answer you are inviting more stupid comments! . If someone really feels the need to tell something pointless to all of us cant you bump and old 'random shit' topic so we know the post quality before reading it?

The forums have degraded into almost pure bitching and moaning, anyone who attempts to lighten the mood (the apparent trolls (about 50% of active posters)) is threatened with bans and post deletion. Mods are threatening other mods over trifling matters and there is no structure or order to posts other than you must not under any circumstances attempt to make a joke or do something to imply that you don't actually give a shit about some worthless complaint.

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!

We are supposed to be a community for fun and it pisses me off when i come here to relax after working all day to see stuff like this.

sorry to post after the lock but i need to let off some rage or i might do something crazy like post another 10 second youtube video to sum up my feelings!
(like this one:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK_a11bkPyk)

the amazing thing is you're arguing the same point as me / what I've been saying for like a year now. And yet I'll be the dick still apparently and you have made a good point.

trololol

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2