It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Oh dear Sony (PSN & SOE)

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Well, as some of you may have heard, PSN has been down for a few days now, which it turns out was due to hackers. But wait, it gets worse! I wouldn't want to be Sony (or a PS3 gamer for that matter) right now...

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:47 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: Oh dear Sony (PSN

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
uh oh, i knew these rock band songs were a trap D:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:23 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Oh dear Sony (PSN)

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Hmm, I have a debit card on file with them. Not cool.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I believe this is only PSN and not there other things, like SOE.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:26 am 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I have a card on file with PSN because I bought some games for my brother.

But you are right, it does not affect SOE. http://forums.station.sony.com/station/ ... 1500022921

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Ah, yes, you do have a PS3, I forgot you got one for the blu-ray ages ago ><

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:13 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Not really mine though, I bought it for the family :)

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Microsoft have come out today saying something was a security risk today earlier... I cant remember what it was though >_<

Why do people have to be so retarded :(

EDIT: Was just Gold subscription phishing scams that have been going around for awhile anyway.
EDIT 2: just received this:

Spoiler for Lots of text from email:
Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer:

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security, tax identification or similar number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit or similar types of reports.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at www.eu.playstation.com/psnoutage should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment Teams

Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited (formerly known as PlayStation Network Europe Limited) is a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited the data controller for PlayStation Network/Qriocity personal data

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
DHR-107 wrote:

What do you mean by this?

Also yeah, I have seen on Twitter quite a bit "Better safe than Sony", I think a bit of brand damage is happening right now.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

DHR-107 wrote:

lol this comment seems really out of place.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

azcn2503 wrote:
DHR-107 wrote:

lol this comment seems really out of place.

Just ruining other peoples fun because they can? That's stupid. And then people using that information to just screw shit up is also stupid.

Geo Hotz has a lot more to answer for than just being a douche :/

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
I just got the email about this... and I've never even touched a PS3 :S

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Uh oh.

http://kotaku.com/#!5797552/sony-says-1 ... ompromised

So now the potentiality for credit card details having been stolen has been upgraded from 'probably haven't been stolen' to 'could have been stolen'. For the record, I think they've been stolen. Although apparently it's been confirmed that CVV2 numbers have NOT been stolen.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:31 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

SOE just went down at 10am today.

When access http://www.everquest2.com it takes me to http://maintenance.station.sony.com/ with the message:

Quote:
Dear valued SOE Customers,

We have had to take the SOE service down temporarily. In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immediately. We will provide an update later today (Monday).

Balls. Now I'm double stolen credit cardz!

IMO this is awesome because it means they will do another double XP weekend to make up for the downtime.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Oh dear Sony (PSN & SOE)

Sony Online Entertainment lost credit card details. They say it's from an outdated 2007 database. Still, if that got compromised...I bet there's more news going to follow on this...

http://kotaku.com/#!5797858/more-than-12700-credit-cards-stolen-from-sony-online-entertainment

Mon May 02, 2011 11:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I'm definitely double screwed! I'm going to get my debit card cancelled today, just to be on the safe-ish side.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:50 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I found I got the email too because I tried the Everquest 2 trial. I wonder how much of my personal details were lost. I can't even remember what password I used.

Wed May 04, 2011 12:04 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Ooh!

Also... people are still being billed and have no way to cancel it since their whole network is down. LOL.

They are going to give people 30 days free on their subscription and also reimburse them for every day the network is down.

Wed May 04, 2011 8:45 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I know everyone's saying it, but when it's on Massively it's funny...

Quote:
Sony Offline Entertainment

... ignore my username.

Thu May 05, 2011 1:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-0 ... start.html

At the moment... it sounds like it will be back up before May 31st.

That's one hell of a long time.

Also, absolutely terrible communication from Sony on this matter...

Currently stands at 17 days downtime for PSN and 7 days downtime for SOE.

Mon May 09, 2011 10:49 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
I really hope they'll give us something special. Or do something Special for us. :l

Mon May 09, 2011 3:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

schlurbi wrote:
I really hope they'll give us something special. Or do something Special for us. :l

Maybe Sony will give people something, even if they don't have paid memberships or anything. Like a PSOne game or something. I remember XBL being down for a weekend and everyone having the ability to download Undertow for free :/

Mon May 09, 2011 5:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It's probably a fair bet that PSN customers will get a free game and SOE customers will get free gametime, and maybe unique items.

Mon May 09, 2011 5:58 pm 

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
They said they're thinking of something. I really hope that it'll be a free Game. Already know what to choose :D

Mon May 09, 2011 6:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Not today

Skillers wrote:
It's probably a fair bet that PSN customers will get a free game and SOE customers will get free gametime, and maybe unique items.

Yeah DCUO subscribers will get a Batman mask hehe. I'm hoping for an XP weekend in EQ2.

Mon May 09, 2011 8:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail