It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Rift and the mountaineering Profession! ( with pics!)

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Basically through pathfinding i managed to scale a mountain and in response wrote a ( i thought) amusing bug report!

What did you like?

I like the challange the mountaineering provides. You have to challange yourself to overcome the tallest obstacle for much risk (of taking huge fall damage) for little Reward (no special or related rewards at all).

Its a nice touch also to have a profession that is based on pure skill and logical pathfinding and not numbers or resource nodes.

The other thing i like about this profession is that by climbing some of these almost unscalable hillsides there are many unclaimed shiny's just waiting to be found, but more importantly 'The View' because that is the true reward for this profession

What Didn't you like?

Sadly in my travels to explore the unexplored i managed to ascend to co-ordinates (4729,5469). Upon which behind me lay a distant and beautiful memory of stonefield.

However looking ahead to about (4880,5767) i was dismayed to see the potentially beautiful sight of shimmersand reduced to what looks like a titans footsteps through the sand and a very straight cliff edge (little attention to texturing etc)

Found a bug?

Sadly this particular Adventure had to end prematurely due to the vigil once again thwarting the defiants by placing an invisable wall in my way. Alas i could explore no further and my journey ended in a decline back the way i came.

Spoiler for Large Pics:

Pics and spoilers not working :/

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Rift and the mountaineering Profession! ( with pics!)

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Spoiler for Large Pics:

It looks like a really nice game!
Is it similar to EQ2/WOW?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
I expected better Graphics.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:09 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

kyhas wrote:
Basically through pathfinding i managed to scale a mountain and in response wrote a ( i thought) amusing bug report!

What did you like?

I like the challange the mountaineering provides. You have to challange yourself to overcome the tallest obstacle for much risk (of taking huge fall damage) for little Reward (no special or related rewards at all).

Its a nice touch also to have a profession that is based on pure skill and logical pathfinding and not numbers or resource nodes.

The other thing i like about this profession is that by climbing some of these almost unscalable hillsides there are many unclaimed shiny's just waiting to be found, but more importantly 'The View' because that is the true reward for this profession

What Didn't you like?

Sadly in my travels to explore the unexplored i managed to ascend to co-ordinates (4729,5469). Upon which behind me lay a distant and beautiful memory of stonefield.

However looking ahead to about (4880,5767) i was dismayed to see the potentially beautiful sight of shimmersand reduced to what looks like a titans footsteps through the sand and a very straight cliff edge (little attention to texturing etc)

Found a bug?

Sadly this particular Adventure had to end prematurely due to the vigil once again thwarting the defiants by placing an invisable wall in my way. Alas i could explore no further and my journey ended in a decline back the way i came.

[spoiler=Large Pics]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Pics and spoilers not working :/

Hey Kyle, for the spoiler tag to work, you have to put the name of it in quotation marks. Your image shack links won't work because they don't link directly to the image, despite the .jpg extension, they link to the imageshack page. You need to link to the image itself for the image tags to work. Note Harry's post that does it right. :P

I have taken the liberty of fixing your post so you can see it all work. :)

On a related-to-topic note, that's quite a view you have there. :P

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:09 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Thank you :P Schlurbi i'll provide more pictures in another thread soon showing off rifts beauty as this one was specifically saying look at the bad texturing you did on that place we aren't supposedto see!

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:52 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Feedback has been sent. Good man :)

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:26 am 
 Profile E-mail