It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3 is coming, and it sounds good...

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
you need not fear! There is and always will be a pretty substantial difference between cod and BF... BF is actually good.

Also each installment is a new game, not the same game re-released every few weeks with a new coat of paint.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Mega agree.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:47 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Apparently multiplayer stuff will be getting shown at E3. Also, I found this video on Youtube which I thought was pretty cool:

Watch this video on Youtube.

For those interested, the music is 'Two Steps From Hell: Dragon Rider'.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:31 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

looks really good, but all i need is my jets :D:D
think i'm going to preorder

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

This game is the reason why I did not buy BC2.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:59 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Battlefield 3 E3 single player gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... d-3/714910

And here's a very short multiplayer gameplay video: http://kotaku.com/5809181/battlefield-3 ... iful-chaos

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
And suddenly I don't think I'll be getting it until it's rather cheap.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:37 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Better guns for people who buy a pack? I don't understand how games companies can make these idiotic decisions.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Because it rakes in loads of money. But yeah... they just killed BF3. :(

Edit: Don't forget the extra BF2 maps you get for paying more *headdesk*
Edit #2: This leads to another thoughts... no community made maps as otherwise these could be played by everyone. It's just like <insert any old decent FPS that used to like its PC fanbase but naaaa more money in consoles and dlc, lets <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> over our best customers>. Yipee :@

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

More people will no longer buy the game than those that buy it in my opinion. It won't "rake in money".

I will never pay extra money for extra maps also.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

i dun need bigger guns 2 poon nubs.
still a stupid idea so i no buy

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Sounded good, now I'm not buying. Maybe when it's really cheap, but not right now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Rumour has it that DICE are annoyed about it as well and that EA marketing is to blame.

halo73 wrote:
There's probably no chance that anyone is going to see this comment but I'll leave it anyway. I have a very good relationship with a person at DICE, who I don't want to out, who came to me when the physical warfare pack was announced to get me to look through forums to find feedback about the pack that he could give to his superiors at EA. He was upset that they had announced it without the go ahead of DICE and wanted to show EA the reactions of the community.
So yes, the exclusives suck but it was EA marketing that did this and DICE knew nothing about it.

Assuming it's true, here's the source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/hxp37/ea_and_dice_are_chopping_battlefield_3_into/

Here's an interview apparently, confirming that you can't unlock these weapons in the game:

Quote:
Silver_Rook: question.... these pre order bonuses? are they available to everyone once they rank up? or are some TRUE exclusive?

Demize99: The Physical Warfare Pack is fully exclusive. There's no other way to get those 4 items.

Source: http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164936

Along with the Reddit thread above, there's a rather large hate-thread here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6801802.page

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Still getting it for sure.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:19 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
I'm doing some reading through this EA thread... so it seems that possibly what I can describe as "when Aaron got <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> in the ass by preordering Crysis" might happen again, which if true will make things worse. (EDIT: Then again... buying from Origin doesn't qualify for all the exclusive content)

This "exclusive content", DICE better have this pretty much made pointless otherwise something is really <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> up. DLC ok, but limited time game changing content, NO. Hell... its making TF2 weapon exclusives look reasonable, at least you can craft them...

So... is this game worth the couple of hundred pounds it will cost me... starting to not look it.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:01 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
I'm inclined to believe that guy on Reddit - it definitely strikes me as a marketing move and not something that DICE would do themselves (they want people to play the game). There's a lot of people emailing EA and stuff, so hopefully it will change.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:04 am 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
If it changes, I'll buy it. If enough people talk to EA etc, they may change their decision (then again they may not because people will still buy the game regardless of how frankly ridiculous it is).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:49 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

http://i.imgur.com/1hy5e.jpg

+}

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Watch this video on Youtube.
the captain speaks out on the DLC

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:50 am 
 Profile E-mail  

That fits surprisingly well. ><

That Tetris Pre-Order DLC image is also great. ><

EDIT: I just found your post on page 67, MC. :P

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:54 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Si wrote:
I'm doing some reading through this EA thread... so it seems that possibly what I can describe as "when Aaron got <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> in the ass by preordering Crysis" might happen again, which if true will make things worse. (EDIT: Then again... buying from Origin doesn't qualify for all the exclusive content)

This "exclusive content", DICE better have this pretty much made pointless otherwise something is really <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> up. DLC ok, but limited time game changing content, NO. Hell... its making TF2 weapon exclusives look reasonable, at least you can craft them...

So... is this game worth the couple of hundred pounds it will cost me... starting to not look it.

This is the key point I feel. It's actually <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> ridiculous releasing a game with game changing content available to some and not for others. If it were skins or whatever - that's fine. Because it doesn't affect the game in anyway. Having additional guns is inevitably going to change the game, regardless of what they claim is "balanced" (yeh, cos you can really know how a game will play out when 1000s of people havent tested it yet).

People who still preorder this game are idiots - and nothing less. This constant oh, I'm not happy about this but I'm still going to buy it. What the actual <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> people. You're the reason DRM is now used on every game. And you're the reason that in making bf3 this exclusive content bullshit will happen on every game.

Fuck EA. I'm not buying another one of their games ever again unless it's ridiculously cheap in a sale. (hello iseries 50% off EA store, for example). They keep on pushing the limit on what they can do and it's unacceptable. Having this guns thing IS NOT OK. It's not additional content if you've not <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> released the game yet.

Brb off to buy a book. Thank <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> I preordered so I can get the extra 4 chapters..............................................

Brb off to buy a film. Good gracious I'm glad I preordered for the ending !!! Lucky me.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I'll still be buying it. I have no problem with the exclusive content.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

That's fine. You're entitled to. But allowing EA to make this the norm is bad.

You will no doubt enjoy the server issues, friends that doesn't work properly that plagues every BF game on release.

I'll enjoy it when it's half the price and they still haven't fixed these issues.

I won't even comment on punkbuster if that is going to be used.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I know that EA make terrible decisions, and I hated parts of Battlefield 2. However, I also had the most fun playing Battlefield 2 compared to any other shooter. It's really only because of that reason that I want to play Battlefield 3.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:57 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

azcn2503 wrote:
I know that EA make terrible decisions, and I hated parts of Battlefield 2. However, I also had the most fun playing Battlefield 2 compared to any other shooter. It's really only because of that reason that I want to play Battlefield 3.

Yeh, like I said you're entitled to :D. I'm still really tempted to buy it anyway. It's a shame they've done this because at e3 it looks like it will be an epic game.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next