It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3 is coming, and it sounds good...

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I'm going to buy it on DVD lul.

Update: not a troll. Just ordered on Play.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
It's a good idea to avoid it just to tell them that this kind of stuff is bad (I don't normally like slippery slope arguments, but this is definitely a slippery slope).

I felt this was a good argument about it (Skip to bit about BF3 and not just DLC ~5:30).

(Yes, I do quite like TB's stuff)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:25 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
and spawning HERE in the blue TRUNKS will be IDRA, who has strong MEChanICS

I don't mind totalbiscuit that much haha. Saw this vid earlier and his points basically make sense :]

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Meh, buy it if you want Aaron, your choice. I'm sticking with SC2/TF2/CSS for now until it gets cheaper or something more awesome comes along.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
well i don't think you should buy it but i can hardly stop you :P
what there doing is wrong and we shouldn't let them get away with it.
i agree with..tb? feels weird saying that O.o used to hearing him say "stalkers have funny legs, oops i missed the game ending drop" and stuff to that effect, him making sense is unfamiliar concept. but good vid :)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Skillers wrote:
It's a good idea to avoid it just to tell them that this kind of stuff is bad (I don't normally like slippery slope arguments, but this is definitely a slippery slope).

I felt this was a good argument about it (Skip to bit about BF3 and not just DLC ~5:30).

(Yes, I do quite like TB's stuff)

The video puts the argument about this forward perfectly with all the right points. Hopefully it will gain some good attention.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

McWill wrote:
well i don't think you should buy it but i can hardly stop you :P
what there doing is wrong and we shouldn't let them get away with it.
i agree with..tb? feels weird saying that O.o used to hearing him say "stalkers have funny legs, oops i missed the game ending drop" and stuff to that effect, him making sense is unfamiliar concept. but good vid :)

it amuses me how painful that must have been for you to admit <3 :D

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:42 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Wynney wrote:
it amuses me how painful that must have been for you to admit <3 :D

so much so that i was about to edit my post and buy the game. but you quoted me so this shits permanent now

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:17 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... ayers.aspx

Well that's better, though still kinda silly. The Back to Karkland sounds better aswell. Still, wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the case originally and this is them backpedaling.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:20 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

It is them backpeddling. If it were original intentions it wouldn't have been exclusive but a 'unlock before anyone else' kind of thing. It's a better situation though and now I will consider buying bf3 again as the content will be available to everyone again :) - though they may as well just have given everyone everything in the first place lol.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Did anything change?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

azcn2503 wrote:
Did anything change?

Erm yes. You're telling me you can't notice the difference between having eventual access to weapons or not at all?

You can't see the difference between not having any access ever to a suppressor on a sniper rifle compared to access for everyone with early access to those who have stupid parents (ok not necessarily true but loooooool)

???

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

This is much better than is was indeed. still not sure if i'll pre-order it again, i'll wait and see what happens. but its worth considering again imo :)

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

If their original idea meant 'nothing', then it would still be there. Look at people's reactions. Clearly there was something wrong and it took a few days for them to realise people won't put up with this garbage. Thanks guys, for not letting EA <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> us over.

I might buy this game now. As I can get access to all the content which affects the game. Skins etc I don't give a <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> about let the idiot fanboys have them.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Just read about this on Kotaku as well. Seems good.

http://kotaku.com/5812689/you-dont-have ... rfare-pack

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Wynney wrote:
Erm yes. You're telling me you can't notice the difference between having eventual access to weapons or not at all?

You can't see the difference between not having any access ever to a suppressor on a sniper rifle compared to access for everyone with early access to those who have stupid parents (ok not necessarily true but loooooool)

???

I'm so confused :(

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

It's not coming to Steam.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:30 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It seems they really don't want my money ><

EDIT: Here's EA's comment on the matter.

The most noteworthy sentence:

EA wrote:
Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content.

So it sounds like that wanted to bypass even Steam's patching service? The DLC part seems kinda bad on Steam's part, but, tbh, I like their new policy if it means I can buy all DLC through Steam, cos I always get annoyed when I'm denied DLC because I don't want to use some rubbish other system (especially if they're points based - GFWL and Bioware, I'm looking at you), but to not want to use Steam's patcher service is ridiculous, and would be very anti-consumer if it was actually done - Steam's patching is one of the main reasons to buy from there, IMO.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:18 am 

It's probably the selling DLC through another service thing that's doing it.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The patcher thing would also make sense, seeing as EA keep going on about customer interaction and Origin and managing their patches and stuff.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:10 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Have bad Internet, buy on DVD! Problem solved right? :)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
I don't know if the DVD version has to be activated through origin or not... Haven't heard anything abut that yet, but I wouldn't be surprised... BF3 is looking like HL2 was for Steam, the must have flagship game for Origin to get a foot hold.

To be honest, I don't really give two hoots what system they are on, Origin is fine by me :/ Don't know what the complaining is about. You can always use a short cut through Steam probably anyway...

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I'm getting the impression from all the Steam stuff going on that it will require Origin.

TBH, I don't really care that much, it was unlikely I was going to buy BF3 in the first place, and now there's very little chance without the possibility of a Steam deal or 4-pack.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:14 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
http://kotaku.com/5830194/to-no-ones-surprise-all-pc-installs-of-battlefield-3-will-require-origin

Looks like *every* copy will require Origin... Just like HL2 did back in the day for Steam. I personally have no problem with this... I link all my Origin Games through steam anyway :/

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

As I suspected, and makes perfect sense with why Steam won't allow it - they don't sell CD keys, they sell a service. I only have a few games on Origin (all free, presuming the EA store was transferred over) and don't intend to increase that amount, judging from how poor it was.

Well, looks like I'll definitely be giving BF3 a miss, plenty of other games to play, though ^^

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:06 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next