It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3 is coming, and it sounds good...

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
I don't mind it requiring origin but I'm not really that fussed on bf3 now I've seen gameplay footage etc. And the announcement of bc3 at the same time just makes me think meh.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
BC3 has been announced?

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Hmm, I can't find any information on it being announced now v.v. I've read somewhere it's being made already though I'm sure o.O

I shall do some more research haha -______-.

But if it's the case then I have no faith in bf3, already seen how the new MOH game was, and bad company 2 had horrific bugs that were never fixed :(

edit: can't find anything on it now. Seems I was mistaken. Strange D:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:10 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You probably saw someone mistakenly refer to BF3 as BC3, I've seen that a few times now, it's a fairly common mistake (and an understandable one at that, especially with regards to console players who never really got the non BC games, thus new BF game = BC game).

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:08 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Have a gameplay trailer.

Looks (gameplay) really good and looks (environment) amazing. Kinda tempting to suffer the Origin nonesense, though I think I cba to pay the £30 it's going for atm.

Also, the SP will have coop (+ some screenshots).

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:19 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

I saw that trailer on Kotaku earlier. Looked good, but I must say I'm really not keen on the Battlefield 'distortion' theme or however it can be described. It sounds horrible.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The theme is a bit meh, but shows how distinctive the actual theme is. I would prefer a more standard theme, the old BF ones were awesome.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:07 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Ooh.. Play.com have a new design.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, it now looks like eBuyer ><

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:16 am 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Oh yeah! I am seeing the similarity now hehe. I rarely use eBuyer.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Whut?

EDIT: Though this sounds like something that could just sound odd, one of the comments is someone who liked it in the Beta

Here seems to be a good explaination:

On RPS, Alastayr wrote:
The server browser is excellent. You find a nice server, easily, press join, the executable starts up and in about 10 seconds you’re on the server. No logos, shorter load times compared to BC2 and once you press “join” the Battlelog even reserves a slot for you.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:29 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
a) I'm confused why this is new. It was the first thing about the alpha that I said to people (and I like it)
b) No server browser? Ok so on the webpage (in none less than a web browser) theres a list of servers that you hit join on... so that shall now be called the server lister (?)
c) I have to agree with the quote you placed Skillers. This is a much nicer system with less time waiting for the game to load, you can have it open in a tab whenever just for when its ready. The only possible downside for some, would be that you now lose the argument of "play another game, its already loaded"... except it's not, and from my experience game loading time = map switching load time, which must be good.

My two cents :)

Also... on the top of it requiring Origin, if it is using it as a launcher/server 'browser lister', then duh :P It's like asking for TF2 not on Steam... how is VAC going to validate you ;)

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I am OK with this.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It seems that this server browser is separate to Origin from what I've heard, so that's a bit odd.

They're not saying there's no server browser, just no ingame server browser.

The system does sound good though, seems like the reaction is a bit of miscommunication. Sounds like it might be nice to have one ingame, though, atleast in some overlay. I haven't seen it though, so I can't really comment.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:30 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The server browser uses a browser plugin that talks to origin to launch the game. I tested this by closing origin, trying to join a server then the plugin caused origin to open and then load the game.
(Plus this plugin works in Chrome which is good)

And yeah pretty much all you get "in game" is whatever youd normally expect on hitting escape (options menu, disconnect, etc.) there is very little ingame itself xD

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Is there a main menu at all? Or does the multiplayer run in a stripped down client that jumps straight into the game only?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:47 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

There wasn't in the alpha, but I don't know how the single player will run. Basically think of it launching how it would if you would accept an invite on Steam. It just loads like that (but a lot quicker), and that hitting disconnect closes the game. But like I said, it's not an issue, because the map change time is the same time as it is to load up the game, so really its just more continent.

I suppose the closest I can show (not really) is http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4774576/fraps/b ... -38-46.png

I didn't take a picture of the Battlelog, but from this picture http://www.gamepur.com/files/imagepicke ... g-home.jpg It looks like it all will load (including campaign) from the battlelog webpage. Sounds weird but actually quite nice :)

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That actually sounds really awesome. Something I would like to see from Valve's MP games, tbh, the massive load the game then the server times get quite annoying. I also hear it reserves your place as soon as you press join, which is nice. I certainly approve of a quick loading system in favour of having menus.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:59 pm 

Looks like it won't feature mod-support on release, but might do later on.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:33 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Beta is out.

Been playing on it, not doing exactly amazing atm, camera bob is hard to get used too. M4 for the Engineer feels strange too, so used to having SMG's xD Also, one of the levels is MEGA dark :(

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I know I posted it to my Facebook, but Techious gets more hits so I thought I'd post it here too.

Watch this video on Youtube.

This video had me screaming with joy! What a wonderful game :)

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:46 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Spoiler:
What the...did they snipe the pilots then that guy dived off the edge, got in the helicopter before it crashed, THEN went and destroyed another helicopter AND evaded a locked on missile!? The phrase 'LIKE A BOSS' is most appropriate here, I think.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Lord Metritutus wrote:
Spoiler:
What the...did they snipe the pilots then that guy dived off the edge, got in the helicopter before it crashed, THEN went and destroyed another helicopter AND evaded a locked on missile!? The phrase 'LIKE A BOSS' is most appropriate here, I think.

Spoiler for :
Yup, I was just waiting for him to dive it into a big group of people while jumping out and rocketing a tank, tbh :P

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:39 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

It really could do with the TEAM AMERICA theme tune or something ;)

Skillers wrote:
Spoiler for :
Yup, I was just waiting for him to dive it into a big group of people while jumping out and rocketing a tank, tbh :P

Spoiler:
Something like this? ;)
Watch this video on Youtube.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:25 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Rumours surface that the game could in fact be coming to Steam eventually.

And I've seen that BF3 plane video before, most epic. ><

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:40 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next