It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Battlefield 3 is coming, and it sounds good...

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02 ... pc-is-win/

Some quick things:

Will have SP with coop.
Brand new engine - sound slike it will have awesome lighting, animations and destruction.
PC version is main version with 64 player MP (Consoles only get 24 player)
Prone is back.

AWESOME!

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:25 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3 is coming, and it sounds good...

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I read about this earlier. Apparently in the article it says that there will be some character customization but 'no pink bunny hats' or something like that. I wonder what on Earth they could be referring to? :P

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
This is the one I've been waiting for.

The best Battlefield at this time in my opinion is Battlefield 2.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
I WANT IT NAO!

But yeah... I am really looking forward to this. 2011 for me: Portal 2 then Battlefield 3. This is going to be great.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

So you people think it will be better than Bad Company 2? I never really played much of Battlefield 2, I probably played more of 1942, and even then I didn't play much of that. Bad Company 2 is my main experience of Battlefield games. Well that and a tiny bit of playing of Battlefield Vietnam at Skillers' house years and years ago. :P

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

If it isn't better than BFBC2 then I will be very disappointed (being that I see BFBC2 as a more "COD-ified" version of BF2). BF2 is really the best BF game so far, and with them focusing everything on BF3, it will almost without a doubt be the best ever.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:36 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Si wrote:
If it isn't better than BFBC2 then I will be very disappointed (being that I see BFBC2 as a more "COD-ified" version of BF2). BF2 is really the best BF game so far, and with them focusing everything on BF3, it will almost without a doubt be the best ever.

I do own Battlefield 2, but I've pretty much never played it (got it in some bargain bin in a random store a few years back, not really knowing much about it other than liking the main theme music which I had seen in a trailer).

Perhaps a game could be organised between those of us who own it?

EDIT: Apparently Battlefield Heroes features a pink rabbit-ears hat.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:50 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I don't really like BFBC2 that much.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It will probably take the good parts of BF2 (large complex maps, lots of players etc) and add the good parts of BC2 (destructible environments, mostly).

I really think this sounds like it's going to be an excellent game.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:39 am 

I probably enjoyed flying the most in Bad Company 2.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Flying in BF2 was awesome :)

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:54 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
not really interested by this game :/

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:08 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

There is one thing that is concerning me about how good this game is going to be...

That is if EA do the thing that seems to be a trend of no dedicated servers unless you buy off one of their "trusted partners".
I hope they don't do that for BF3.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:59 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

azcn2503 wrote:
Flying in BF2 was awesome :)

I still remember when we were screwing round on the dam level in planes, so good.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:55 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Kubra Dam!

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Does anyone want to try and actually organise a Battlefield 2 game? A proper one? It sounds like it would be fun. I can bring my disc back with me from home to University if so (when I go back in a week or so).

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Don't have it with me and can't get it for ~7 weeks.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:08 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Unfortunately I cannot play anything other than Minecraft right now.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:50 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
i'll play :P

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Due to the presence of the beast, I shall not play as I am scared and thus am waving the white flag as we speak.

(that and I don't have BF2, just BC2)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02 ... 3-footage/

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:45 pm 

I am not a fan of the distortion-beat thing. But visually from what little I could see, it looked pretty nice. Maybe a Modern Warfare/Call of Duty killer. ;P

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I hope not, cos that would mean it was popular, not good.

(Yes, I want it to be popular, but not CoD popular, as I don't want a CoD a like)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:56 pm 

Proper gameplay footage now, from the single-player campaign.

Watch this video on Youtube.
http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/faultline-ep1

I first saw this on Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/#!5774075/your-first- ... tlefield-3

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:05 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Looks pretty but I really want to see the multiplayer.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:40 am 
 Profile E-mail