It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Team Fortress 2 server discussion topic

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Even Trolls know where to stop, that makes you a Monkey.

No Class deserves a Class Limit: 1, not even the Heavy. Two is enough, if you still want to <FEMALE DOG> aroundm then I suggest you visit a Server with more srs bsns and less Fun.

Edited ~ Kyhas

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
sniper server only plz!!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

There will be no class limits.

Schlurbi I only remember you talking to me about round limits, not class limits, but that could just be my memory being faulty.

Hawke wrote:
Maybe add the latest maps to rotation whilst you're at it.

It's on the list.

Wynney wrote:
sniper server only plz!!

I believe this idea has merit.

I also forgot to post that the server is now running to a round limit of two, not a timelimit.

Edited for consistency reasons ~ Kyhas

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
schlurbi wrote:
No Class deserves a Class Limit: 1, not even the Heavy. Two is enough, if you still want to <FEMALE DOG> aroundm then I suggest you visit a Server with more srs bsns and less Fun.

So you don't see a problem with 2 Heavies with 2 Medics on one team on payload? I thought this was supposed to be a FUN server. Oh wait, it's fun for YOU so it MUST be fun for everyone else! I was on said Heavy-Medic team and even I thought it was a problem that wasn't fun (the enemy didn't seem to happy about it either).

By the way, I play pubs for fun, not to be serious. OPINION REMOVED. Good day.

Lord Metritutus wrote:
There will be no class limits.

Why?

Lord Metritutus wrote:
It's on the list.

Good.

Lord Metritutus wrote:
I believe this idea has merit.

Wouldn't that be breaking the "no serious business, all fun" rule?

Lord Metritutus wrote:
I also forgot to post that the server is now running to a round limit of two, not a timelimit.

Good.

Edited ~ Kyhas

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
I'm not choosing sides here but i want to be clear.
The trolling/bickering needs to stop. stay on topic or don't post, if you want to criticize another's post please explain your reasoning and don't just say lolno, such posts may be deleted or edited to my amusement. if you must fight do it on steam chat or something. Humor is good, but this is getting silly.

that said, sniper war sounds awesome :D

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

McWill wrote:
that said, sniper war sounds awesome :D

I see you Sniping and I raise you my Ambassador! :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

double heavy medic does suck lol. But class restrctions are stupid because you could apply reason as to why everything should be restricted. For ex. only 1 medic cos otherwise uber train omgomomg so op xdxdxd

Also, please no limit because then it makes it harder to be sniper and it makes me mad when n00bs stop me being the class i want to play ^_^

also, all of you please learn what trolling is. thnx friends!!!1111!1

edit; lol at will being impressed with sniper idea. he knows if that case I will just DeVaStAtE all the server,including him (duel winner cu ><>)

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Conversation has now i hoped been cleaned up, i hope to not have to discuss this again.

Also hawke no black writing, it's been a while but you still cannot use it thank you - Staff Kyhas

OT: No class limits, but great to hear about round limits instead of time.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Wynney wrote:
double heavy medic does suck lol. But class restrctions are stupid because you could apply reason as to why everything should be restricted. For ex. only 1 medic cos otherwise uber train omgomomg so op xdxdxd

Ubertrains? Learn to Airblast? Learn to juggle? Learn to hold down the w key as you run AWAY from the train?
3 Demomen can lock down a map (2 is actually enough to do that) even on the best map: Badlands (why do you think Demoman's restricted to 1 in 6v6?) 3 Soldiers can spam the place down rendering Scouts, Spies and Snipers useless (maybe not Spies so much unless Lamsey's keen eyes are around).

Wynney wrote:
Also, please no limit because then it makes it harder to be sniper and it makes me mad when n00bs stop me being the class i want to play ^_^

That's actually the best counter-argument against class limits. But I counter with: Learn to play another class n00b ^_^

Wynney wrote:
lol at will being impressed with sniper idea. he knows if that case I will just DeVaStAtE all the server,including him (duel winner cu ><>)

<POSTS SCREENSHOT OF MC DOMINATING YOU>

kyhas wrote:
Also hawke no black writing, it's been a while but you still cannot use it thank you - Staff Kyha

Understood, although I do think it's stupid since you can actually highlight my post if you want to read it if you have visual trouble (poor monitor or eyes). Whatever though :>

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Hawke wrote:
Wynney wrote:

Ubertrains? Learn to Airblast? Learn to juggle? Learn to hold down the w key as you run AWAY from the train?

Heavy medic combo? Learn to snipe? Learn to backstab? Learn to hide? Learn to gang up?

:P

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:58 pm 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

ty kyle
@ wyn: i seem to recall the last duel being 3-0 in my favor before you pretended to be afk. iirc before that you were playing pyro. ^^

i agree with no class limitations, fun server and all that jazz. Most people playing are not actually good enough to abuse something that effects the highest tier of competitive play.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lmao, what is this I don't even?!

It was 2-0 in the second one yes but I did have a genuine reason to leave (chokeslam pc off bridge in rage etc.). I think my housemates wanted to get food....or possibly watch a film. Maybe both can't remember the exact reasons.

As for the pyro comments, so hurtful :( [[peeps know i go pyro to get some srs points and DOMINATE the other team leading to my teams victory]].

Basically I'm batman on tf2 without the cape (if money system introduced on tf2 I'm so darn good I'd be a billionaire!111!1)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:23 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Skillers wrote:
Learn to snipe?

Poor reg = headshots can either be misinterpreted as bodyshots or just fail to hit the target :(

Skillers wrote:
Learn to backstab?

See Sniper, replace headshots to backstabs, bodyshots to knife slashes :(

Skillers wrote:
Learn to hide?

Pretty poor way to fight someone- to run away and hide until map change -^

Skillers wrote:
Learn to gang up?

That, along with the backstab and headshot to some extent, requires competent teammates with the least amount of gamesense. Ain't gonna happen on a pub unless Wynney/McWill/Scottie/Reb/Gozzer are playing on it :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

I don't see any Solution in a Class Limit: 1, Classes can be countered really easy.
* Too many Snipers or Heavies = Spy, the Heavy is always an easy Target for the Sniper.
* Too many Spies = Pyro
etc, etc.

Even a Combo of two Heavy-Medics is easily countered. Even a Bunch of Randomers can work together if they want to, of course it wont work if they refuse to help several People. The 6v6 Argument is really bad, because we're having a 16 Slot Server and again a Demoman is really easy to counter. I guess with hiding, Skillers means a Spy or just avoiding the Uber until it's gone and not hiding at the Spawn.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

As of last night, the new maps are now on rotation.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

schlurbi wrote:
I don't see any Solution in a Class Limit: 1, Classes can be countered really easy.
* Too many Snipers or Heavies = Spy, the Heavy is always an easy Target for the Sniper.
* Too many Spies = Pyro
etc, etc.

Even a Combo of two Heavy-Medics is easily countered. Even a Bunch of Randomers can work together if they want to, of course it wont work if they refuse to help several People. The 6v6 Argument is really bad, because we're having a 16 Slot Server and again a Demoman is really easy to counter. I guess with hiding, Skillers means a Spy or just avoiding the Uber until it's gone and not hiding at the Spawn.

Joke: <insert joke that gets taken as a troll and escalates into full flaming etc etc>
Serious response: Not gonna bother debating anymore. No I'm not beaten, no I'm not giving up, no I'm not bad or whatever other excuse you want to pull. I'm just being mature and saying <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> it, lets just play and try to have some fun during the biblical display of beasting by MC and Wynney.

Lord Metritutus wrote:
As of last night, the new maps are now on rotation.

I look forward to seeing the two new ones (I've played pl_frontier, think it's like every other payload map, chokepoints galore! :P)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Hawke wrote:
Joke: <insert joke that gets taken as a troll and escalates into full flaming etc etc>

how dare you, enjoy your ban!

Hawke wrote:
lets just play and try to have some fun during the biblical display of beasting by MC

sounds good to me, people up for a game tonight? i wont rage quit when i get double crocket's thrown at me this time, promise :)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

John, what about having a Trial for RTV? We got more Maps on the Server now. The Rotation is bigger and I think People don't want to have one Evening with old Maps and another Evening with only new Maps. This Way we could mix them and everyone could get what he wants.

Don't know if it is possible to put only the Maps into the Vote that are on the Rotation right now. If we can, what do you think of 7 Days for Trial and at the End you decide or we put up a Poll.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

The server has been renewed for another month as it seems to still be fairly popular. :)

Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:23 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Ohhh please sexy John, can we please have this

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Server is an absolute mess. Sort it out plox. KTHXBAI!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Hawke wrote:
Server is an absolute mess. Sort it out plox. KTHXBAI!

Please elaborate?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Si wrote:
Please elaborate?

LAG!!!!!!!!11 (!) !!ELEVEN :blameskillers: !!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Hawke on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
I have solved the lag issue. It's dead.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Si wrote:
I have solved the lag issue. It's dead.

Server is still an absolute mess. Fix plox. KTHXBAI.
:blameskillers:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next