It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Team Fortress 2 server discussion topic

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
schlurbi wrote:
Ohhh please sexy John, can we please have this

Buuuuuuuuuuuump

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Maybe. I'm still undecided.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:40 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Lord Metritutus wrote:
Maybe. I'm still undecided.

1. Get a 50p coin (or a £2 coin)
2. Assign Yes to Heads and No to Tails.
3. Put it on your hand.
4. Toss it into the air.
5. Catch it.
6. Turn it over.
7. Read the result.
8. ????????????????
9. Profit!
(10. :blameskillers: )

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:56 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Can we have that Glacier Map on the Rotation? I think Si said that the one we played wasn't the final Version. Also, since we have a Lot of Maps on the Rotation now I suggest Mapvote!: Have a Vote at every End of a Map. Maybe Nominate would be great too.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I had a look at Glacier last night, it looks like a decent map, but I'd need to see a proper game played on it to see if people enjoy it first. The next time I'm on the server and people are playing etc, I'll change it to Glacier and see what happens. It is quite a large map though (68mb), and a lengthy download might have randomers simply leave.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Schlurbi is suggesting this because we played 6 rounds of it last night. It was good

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Si wrote:
Schlurbi is suggesting this because we played 6 rounds of it last night. It was good

The map was good, the reg was shocking (in a bad way) :blamesi:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Map seemed fine yeh, was better when more peeps were on. New maps are always good as it keeps things fresh. The worry is adding too many at any one point that's all.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Si wrote:

Okay, I'll look for the latest version and add it.

Wynney wrote:
Map seemed fine yeh, was better when more peeps were on. New maps are always good as it keeps things fresh. The worry is adding too many at any one point that's all.

I know, as it is I think we have enough payload maps on the server (possibly too many). I've got the rotation set up so that no two gamemodes are played twice in a row.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Johnboy wrote:
I know, as it is I think we have enough payload maps on the server (possibly too many). I've got the rotation set up so that no two gamemodes are played twice in a row.

Mapvote would fix that too.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Lord Metritutus wrote:
I had a look at Glacier last night, it looks like a decent map, but I'd need to see a proper game played on it to see if people enjoy it first. The next time I'm on the server and people are playing etc, I'll change it to Glacier and see what happens. It is quite a large map though (68mb), and a lengthy download might have randomers simply leave.

Custom maps stop mac players :/

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
No, custom maps stop Nick's mac :P

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Damn Macs, always spoiling TF2 fun... why it wasn't that long ago VALVe removed mat_picmip-10 simply because Macs couldn't handle it :P :blamemacs:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

http://tftrue.redline-utilities.net/

This looks promising. Met, would you kindly install for a test run?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon May 09, 2011 4:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Eeeew, srs Sh1t in my fun Game?

Mon May 09, 2011 4:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
god no. are you trying to create some retarded environment where the better player actually wins or some shit? no thanks, i like my games to be like rock, paper, scissors.

Mon May 09, 2011 4:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

schlurbi wrote:
Eeeew, srs Sh1t in my fun Game?

Yeh, it's always fun to try and play l4d to be kicked.

Oh wait.

Since when was no crits / different respawn times serious? I only briefly read over it. But some people enjoy the game more if it's not down to random chance.

So how about you post something relevant instead of some retarded statement of the game being too serious with no crits.

It isn't.

Just like I can't argue that having 800 engies is too serious because of their tactical placement or some other crazy argument.

Post a constructive argument or not at all, thanks

Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Enough. Hawke told me he wanted the plugin for hat removal only. Either way it's not happening. The server will remain as it is.

The changes competitive wise have been discussed before, and the server shall remain as-is. There are other servers that cater to more competitive-non-crits needs. This isn't one of them.

This is not one of them. This discussion is over, and if I see any, ANY attempts at starting flames I swear I'll ban every last person involved regardless of who they are.

Mon May 09, 2011 5:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Lord Metritutus wrote:
Enough. Hawke told me he wanted the plugin for hat removal only. Either way it's not happening. The server will remain as it is.

The changes competitive wise have been discussed before, and the server shall remain as-is. There are other servers that cater to more competitive-non-crits needs. This isn't one of them.

This is not one of them. This discussion is over, and if I see any, ANY attempts at starting flames I swear I'll ban every last person involved regardless of who they are.

I can make the best suggestion you will ever hear about the server dude, for srs

first of all, don't listen to anyone else as it's your server and you pay for it. Except for me cos I'm best

Secondly, make motd change to show that I am the best player - it's important to be upfront and honest

Thirdly, make the only map mach 4.

Fourthly, make the only class sniper.

Now I know you're like WOAH what is this crazy idea?! I MUST BE MAD RIGHT RIGHT?

well no, see, this will cater for both srs players and fun players.

Fun cos no more annoying spies backstabbing and yet still competative because playing sniper requires actual skill and the need to aim.

Dw though cos it's still easy, I mean it's not like counter strike where you can't weasawasaaawasadaadsawdaada.

But in all seriousness, how the <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> are people still arguing about this game?!?! ((for what it's worth I like the server as it is currently, though I've not opened tf2 in a while. I have no excuses for this. But i guess I could blame the immigrants HAHAHAHA AM I RIGHT DAILY MAIL?!?!?))

Mon May 09, 2011 5:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

McWill wrote:
god no. are you trying to create some retarded environment where the better player actually wins or some shit? no thanks, i like my games to be like rock, paper, scissors.

I just realised why I suck at SC2. I actually have to think! Oh, that and I am too busy trying to put hats on my probes. And maybe giving badges to the probes that are mining well. That and I'm still trying to work out how to make my Marauders rocket jump. And I'm pretty sure my Zealots can backstab stuff, but I have yet to find the upgrade... as for cloaking I've got that sussed out with my DTs. Except Will hacks and can always see them :(

Lord Metritutus wrote:
The changes competitive wise have been discussed before, and the server shall remain as-is.

The no damage spread and no shotgun spread is awesome enough for me. I can deal with the random crit deaths. Someone's gotta kill me eventually right? ;)

Wynney wrote:
first of all, don't listen to anyone else as it's your server and you pay for it. Except for me cos I'm best

Secondly, make motd change to show that I am the best player - it's important to be upfront and honest

Thirdly, make the only map mach 4.

Fourthly, make the only class sniper.

I approve of these suggestions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon May 09, 2011 5:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

we all need to calm down. heres the plan, plug in your racing wheels, all go pyro and W+M1 around the Nürburgring, first to finish the track or first to accidentally kill 50 people wins.

Mon May 09, 2011 5:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

McWill wrote:
plug in your racing wheels, all go pyro and W+M1 around

BMW+M1!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon May 09, 2011 6:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

lol i guess. :(
lets just play starcraft monobattles for a bit k? :(

Mon May 09, 2011 6:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

I suggest that ctf_casbah be removed from rotation. It came up and was met with quite negative response due to the ease a team can spawn camp... which they did even after being told that it was our spawn and to stop doing it.

Also, a map change vote (rtv or something) and a crits vote (whether or not crits are turned on, with the vote being called each new map) would be grand, especially the former just in case we get stuck on a terrible rotation map without someone around to change it (obviously I will ask for it to be removed from rotation, but kinda sucks to be stuck on it forcing one team to just allow the other to win to just get the place over with).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Remove Balloon Race and remove Casbah please. We could try cp_granary or cp_well and ctf_2fort instead of these Maps :P

Please let us vote for the next Map again, iirc you only removed it because there were only silly Maps in the Vote, and these Maps are all on the Rotation anyway.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next