It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Team Fortress 2 server discussion topic

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's right, thinking of getting one, discounted on Multiplay (potential lagless fun!) with unlocks and possibly hats (depending on general opinion) for an experience as similar to old-style TF2 as possible!

Post your interest now!

EDIT:

Assuming I can install it, have found a 'rediculously vanilla TF2' mod.

http://www.richanderson.net/tf2/

Thoughts? It contains many changes, not just unlock and hat restrictions.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Vanilla server - who's interested? POST NOW!

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Restrict all hats and cosmetics.
Restrict stupid unlocks.
GG at last.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Vanilla server - who's interested? POST NOW!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The server is up and running with a few maps on rotation.

85.236.101.33:27315

Favourite and enjoy!

Currently running Sourcemod, unlockable weapons should hopefully be restricted 'soon'. Anyone got any other plugin/map requests, etc?

The map rotation as it currently stands:

cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
ctf_mach4
cp_egypt_final
pl_goldrush
ctf_turbine
plr_hightower
cp_gravelpit
pl_hoodoo_final
cp_gorge

Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Wish there were servers that did mach4 and warpath :( used to play so much on tf2 release but then both stopped being played?! :S

Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney wrote:
Wish there were servers that did mach4 and warpath :( used to play so much on tf2 release but then both stopped being played?! :S

Ah yes, Warpath! I remember that, a nice map. I'll see about adding it. I have also had a request for Granary and Badlands.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

warpath is be$t map. So awesome :D~ the glory days of tf2

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

tf_use_fixedweaponspread 1
tf_weapon_criticals 0

<3

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Hawke on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

I have always felt the randomness is part of the fun.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Criticals especially, that one random crit can feel awesome.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:32 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Hawke wrote:
tf_weapons_criticals 0

<3

Vanilla TF2 still had Criticals and random weapon spreads. They should both stay. Plus, crits are essential to help break stalemates.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

weapon spread is horrible xD.

Not that I really care either way :). It's only a pub server. Just dommed some n00bs know what im SAYING s0ns?

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

DHR-107 wrote:
Hawke wrote:
tf_weapons_criticals 0

<3

Vanilla TF2 still had Criticals and random weapon spreads. They should both stay. Plus, crits are essential to help break stalemates.

Kritzkrieg? Ubercharge? Decent Spy? Co-ordinatio.... wait this is pub, but the first 3 don't require intelligence to use to break a stalemate.

Random crits just allow you to overcome skill just because you lucked out with the roll of the dice. I doubt you'd be amused in SSBB if someone was granted their Final Smash and defeated you despite you having no damage taken and them on the verge of death. It isn't funny or fun in my opinion, just allowing no-skill to beat skill (which is what VALVe do these days- allow for sheer spam or luck to overcome far better players).
Random weapon spread is essentially the same- one man can do far more damage through luck alone than another man can, despite the man doing the lesser damage having a better aim. Luck isn't a fun factor to allow in game- again look at random tripping in SSBB, it isn't fun for either player to suddenly randomly fall over.

Vanilla TF2 had no awesome balance changes. No airblast, no cloak regeneration from ammo, no moving sentries. If you're going to keep those, I only ask you also keep other awesome changes that VALVe allowed to be put in.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:49 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Needs 2Forts.
I'd miss my Backburner...

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:50 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Added cp_degrootkeep, cp_warpath2 and ctf_badlands to the map rotation after requests.

Enabled Sudden Death (which should also hopefully eliminate the rounds ending prematurely).

Map timelimit has been increased from 20 to 25 after feedback from people suggested they'd like maps to last that little bit longer.

sv_pure is now set to 2 to prevent exploits, and alltalk should now permanently be enabled. Enjoy!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Team Fortress 2 server discussion topic

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Sudden death, all scouts melee only!!!!

Man, that was so fun :d

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Wynney wrote:
Sudden death, all scouts melee only!!!!

Man, that was so fun :d

Agreed.

Lord Metritutus wrote:
Added cp_degrootkeep, cp_warpath2 and ctf_badlands to the map rotation after requests.

Well at least there's 1 okay map :P

Lord Metritutus wrote:
Enabled Sudden Death (which should also hopefully eliminate the rounds ending prematurely).

Scout melee only!

Lord Metritutus wrote:
Map timelimit has been increased from 20 to 25 after feedback from people suggested they'd like maps to last that little bit longer.

Meh.

Lord Metritutus wrote:
sv_pure is now set to 2 to prevent exploits

Why wasn't this on by default? :P

Lord Metritutus wrote:
alltalk should now permanently be enabled

Thank God for my pub.cfg :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:32 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Hawke wrote:

If you are playing on the server with everyone muted and the chat invisible, you are playing on it for the wrong reasons.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

w0rd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvsmRuRp4cM

PEACE

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Lord Metritutus wrote:
Hawke wrote:

If you are playing on the server with everyone muted and the chat invisible, you are playing on it for the wrong reasons.

It's not enabled by default. I enable it if the chat gets too excessive for my personal tastes (I actually like to hear Spies that come up behind me... mentioning nobody in particular...).
And my main usage of pub is to practise classes I'm terrible at (if I tried to play competitive with classes I'm bad at, I'll easily get raped with no hope of improvement) :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Be aware then that the server is not intended as a practice ground for competitive play, it is intended for casual and social random fun.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Lord Metritutus wrote:
Be aware then that the server is not intended as a practice ground for competitive play, it is intended for casual and social random fun.

Oh please Met, public can never be a practise ground for competitive play. The skill boundary between both is larger than <INSERT HUGE OBJECT HERE>. Using public play as a practise ground is about as stupid as calling Wynney a camping awp whore :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Right now, I love the Server, but we need pl_happycow and ctf_2forts. PLOX!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

I don't know much about Happy Cow. With regards to 2fort, I'm not sure how many people really like it, I recall it having a fairly mixed reception (and emptying servers in the past).

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

ctf_badlands has been removed from the map rotation after it was found to be unpopular and emptying the server.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

that's probably because people had to download it lol.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail