It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Minecraft Beta

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
It seems it's finally happening...

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966 ... er-20-2010

Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Minecraft Beta

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
"We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.
Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free."

So Beta buyers won't get updates? Strange.

EDIT:

The "all updates free" still applies to old accounts. We're taking it out because it scares both lawyers and the board.

http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/13634723863597056

Might just be covering his back ad made a badly worded blog post.

EDIT2:

Can't post on tumblr. :-( Anyway, buying during beta = get everything up to and including release version for free. Expansions might cost.

(also Twitter)

Makes a fair bit of sense. Also, yay Alpha!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:44 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Damn you Skillers, I was about to post those twitter posts here :P

Seems PC Gaming doesn't like it:

@PCGamingUK
PC Gaming UK
@notch my love for minecraft has gone down a bit today. my wish to support indie devs pretty much zero, greed provides nothing of value

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Just looked them up, they're a random little blog. Seems a bit ill informed aswell. Especially that "my wish to support indie devs pretty much zero" WTF?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I don't understand.
Do I still get updates and the full free game?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

People who bought in alpha (i.e. anyone who buys before 20/12/2010) will still get every update/patch/content ever for free.

People who buy in the beta or after (20/12/2010) will get the finished game guaranteed. However, he's now hinting at the possibility of expansions, which alpha buyers get for free but beta and beyond would have to buy.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:53 am 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
I am assuming then Notch's server will be crashing a lot over the next few days as news of this gets around and everyone rushes to buy it while its still in Alpha ;)

Basically, all of us are fine :)

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well considering I bought it a few days ago, I was liek WTF NO YUPDHAT3S?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

in other news my minecraft creative server (chocoland) was the most populated on the planet again this morning

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Anybody remember my second account name?

FOUND IT! It's 'lumbercrack'

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:03 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

ITS OUT

* and lagging/crashing. Update soon ><

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

It is indeed out, must find a good server to play on. :3

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

There will be ours once notch releases the next update

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:32 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Are you Guys still playing it?

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

schlurbi wrote:
Are you Guys still playing it?

I do every so often, but I do not have any servers I play online with right now. I've been considering checking out the PC Gamer UK one for a while. I think the address is 85.236.100.18:25565 if anyone's interested.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:39 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
I'm always playing on a Server located in the USA, with semi-role play. Server is currently down, because we get a new Map and Stuff.

I wanted to ask anyway, if we could have a Techious Minecraft Night.

Edit: I also got a new Headset and wanted to try it :3

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I would love to do this :)

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

A Techious Minecraft night would be great! :D

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:20 am 
 Profile E-mail