It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: VVVVVV

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Just bought this on Steam, it's main principle is fairly simple, press space to flip the gravity (you can't jump, though). This is used to do some puzzles and platforming.

Like most indie platformers, it's very hard. In particular because the game goes so fast and the fact you slide a bit doesn't help.

Also, I'm guessing it's name comes from the fact there are spikes EVERYWHERE.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70300/

If you like challenging platformers, probably a decent £3.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:48 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: VVVVVV

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
I think originally you had to press 'V' to flip the gravity, but people felt more comfatable in playtests using spacebar xD

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:27 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

http://www.playedonline.com/game/597795/g-switch.html

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:17 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Ah, yeah, I think you can still press V aswell, there are a few action buttons ><

And it's nothing like that, Harry, bar having the same gravity switch feature.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:47 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well I finished it:

Working on the trinkets now, the ones I left are kinda hard. Up to sixteen so far, but there are atleast 2 that I know are very hard.

I found a way to "cheat" aswell, btw. I only used it on a few of puzzles (two slowdowns, one invuln, each for one "page" only, IIRC). If you look in the menus you'll notice there are options to slow the game down and make yourself invulnerable (says it's for disabled gamers, under game options -> accessibility options), but it won't let you use these one existing saves (it deletes saves). However, you can get around this:

Close the game
Go to your C:/ drive (where Windows is installed) and search for VVVVVV, you should find a folder in your user data (mine was at C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\26JXXWJZ\localhost\steam\steamapps\common\vvvvvv\vvvvvv.exe)
Inside you'll find 3 files dwvvvvvv_[quick/tele/unlock].sol. These are the quicksave (at checkpoints), teleporter save and game options respectively.
Create backup copies of these files (I did a backup folder inside).
Open up the game, set whichever easier mode you need to complete the puzzle you're stuck on (some are better suited to certain types).
Close the game.
Copy the quick and tele files back into the main folder.
Open the game, do the level you were stuck on, save and close again.
Copy the unlock file back from the backup copies.
Continue as normal.

I really suggest you only use this sparingly if you're really stuck, otherwise it sucks some of the fun out of the game.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:03 am 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100

Less deaths and Skillers but a longer time :P Guess that means I took longer to look at some of the rooms before committing! Similar amount of flips though :o

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

DHR-107 wrote:

Less deaths and Skillers but a longer time :P Guess that means I took longer to look at some of the rooms before committing! Similar amount of flips though :o

You found Skillers in the game? ><

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
.... :/ *Than. Obvious typo is Obvious.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

DHR-107 wrote:
.... :/ *Than. Obvious typo is Obvious.

I know, but I just had to exploit it. 8)

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail