It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: New Left 4 Dead comic begins

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

http://www.l4d.com/comic/

Having read it, it does look
Spoiler for :
from this particular comic like Bill's death is cannon despite being able to choose which survivor dies in the coming DLC.

Overall though I thought it was pretty good, should be interesting to see the rest of them as they are released.

Spoiler for :
I assume everyone spotted TF2's Heavy hiding in one of the images, right? :P

So what does everyone else think of it? Looking forward to the next one?

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:39 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: New Left 4 Dead comic begins

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
It does seem interesting so far... I want to see what happened in Part 2, interesting cliffhanger there.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I expect it will be either one of two things. They'll either have to fight their way out from the soldiers who try to kill them, or fight their way out from an infected incursion attacking the outpost. I can't really think of any other scenarios why they would have to leave. :P

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:10 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
I read it yesterday, was pretty good. Will be interesting to see where it goes. I like the backstories being mixed in with a new story.

Also
Spoiler for stuff:
Bill's death is canon, it's what happens in the DLC for L4D2. The reason they are allowing people to chose in the upcoming DLC is simply because it is more fun.

Also, yes, I saw the Heavy statue.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:45 am 

Skillers wrote:
Spoiler for stuff:
Bill's death is canon, it's what happens in the DLC for L4D2. The reason they are allowing people to chose in the upcoming DLC is simply because it is more fun.

Spoiler for :
I thought the new Sacrifice DLC made it a bit unclear as to whether Bill's death would remain canon, however the comic has sorted that out it seems.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:52 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Spoiler for :
I read an interview where they stated that the choice of death was simply gameplay reasons (and letting people have more control of what happens), but Bill's death is canon.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:07 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
I do wish VALVe would fix games (TF2, L4D1) or finish games (Half Life 2 Episode 3) rather than make hats (Hat Fortress 2) or comics.

Spoiler for VALVe:
I was hoping they'd reveal Bill's death in the Passing to be non-canon. Never mind, gg VALVe, killing off the best survivor of them all. Next up they're going to kill L4D. Ironically what the boycott of L4D2 predicted is actually coming true.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The people in charge of the comics will have little to do with the other stuff you want. It's probably a few of the writing team, and I believe it's actually an external artist (they commissioned him). Whether this comic was made or not wouldn't change anything about the state of the games.

Spoiler for :
Well, as for Bill, I think it was quite a good choice. Makes for a good story, and they are certainly doing him justice. Also, they will either get a new survivor or this will be the end of the L4D1 character's in game story (though they can still fill in more stuff in the middle). I don't really see what they problem is, in fact, I think it's good that Valve aren't scared of killing popular characters in a good manner.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:03 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The next part is out. Tis pretty good, though I'm not quite sure the art style fits...

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:13 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
link plz

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

http://www.l4d.com/comic/

I thought the link in the first post would link to the select page, but it doesn't, I'll fix that, but here's your link. Of course, it's part 2 :P

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:41 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:04 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

it was okay....pretty much nothing happened lol.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:29 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

NExt chapter is out, pretty eventful, I though.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 am 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Last part is out, as is the DLC, also a sale on the games.

Spoiler for This chapter:
Now "The Passing" makes no sense. They raised the bridge and sailed off, but were still there when other people came along and lowered it again, WHUT?

Also, it would have made more sense story wise if the 7 people had actually grouped up.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:13 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
The Sacrifice was pretty bad on both games to be honest. Really short, really easy (did it on Advanced in 20 minutes with bots, was like "Why didn't I do expert?!") and the ending was "meh". The trailer was awesome, I was expecting an average campaign, I am disappoint.

I have yet to try No Mercy on L4D2. I can tell though from The Sacrifice that not all voice commands have been implemented properly. None of the Survivors recognise melee weapons like the L4D2 survivors do, nor do they recognise special bullets (they say their "Look here" commands).

All in all, average, nothing spectacular, the comic and trailer were probably the best things to come out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Well skillers I believe once up there, they are fine......somehow........so new survivors come along. They lower the bridge bringing the horde back. so Zoey, Francis and Louis wait AGAIN for the horde to disperse. Then raise it....then wait again.....then make their escape......

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail