It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed!

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Right finally a stars wars game i can get my teeth into :P Predecessors were either a) FPS which im crap at or b) just sucky. Ive never really been interested in them tbh, jsut didnt float my boat though i was in awe of the graphics of the GC launch game (the name evades me). SW:TFU is a multiplatform game, so owners of any console can enjoy the same gameplay. WRONG. While many wii owners (me included) that developers are lazy when it comes to developing for wii and that we miss out. Graphically yes we will miss out but who cares when we get a EXCLUSIVE 2 player Duel mode :P. In this duel mode palyer will be able to go head to head in epic ligthsaber battles be able to choose from 27 characters including famous faces from all six films so you can play as Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul and Count Dooku from the prequel or choose from the stars of the original trilogy such as Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader. sounds good eh :P
Once both players have chosen their character it will be time to fight in famous Star Wars locations such us Hoth, Tatooine and Coruscant. You'll move the Nunchuk for your force powers, slash the Remote to use your lightsaber and you can also use the environment to your advantage by picking up items and flinging them at your opponent.

The main game also sounds great as you play as Darth Vaders apprentice. the first level however aloows you to paly as Darth himself as you go in search for your apprentice.

This will be in stores on 19th september so quite a while to go but what do you think????

Sun May 11, 2008 1:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed!

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Hmm, would this be the same SW game that they were demonstrating the incredible physics engine of a while back? That was some pretty spectacular stuff.

I wonder how good the WiiMote to 'saber translation is. I hope it has accurate movements, and not just gestures.

Sun May 11, 2008 3:01 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
How correct might i be in saying the wii has this special lightsaber / multi player to allow for not handle as good graphics as the 360 or the PS3 or computer.

I've not seen pictures or anything but how goo dare the graphics on wii? (and no i don't expect Mii jedi or anything stupid XD)

Sun May 11, 2008 3:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

i dont think the wiimote controls are going to be 1:1 accurate but i hope they will be close or something better but similar to TP. but well just have to wait and see

Sun May 11, 2008 3:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well aslong as it isn't just rubbish gesture control, it should be good (gesture being where a movement will always produce exactly the same move, like pressing a button).

As for it making up for bad graphics, that's probably half of it, along with "because we can" (the Wii having the perfect lightsaber controller).

Sun May 11, 2008 4:03 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

yeah most likely XD The wii version will probably looks like a ps2 port as per usual. Its also not online which kinda sucks but really what were you expecting XD. At least the wii version stands out the ps3 and 360 version will jsut be generic button mashers.

Sun May 11, 2008 4:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I'm looking forward to this game, but it seems more of a look at what our engines can do with a story stuck onto it to showcase it. Any one else feel this way a little bit as well or only me?

still minus the fact i do not have a wii, i think i prefer the graphics this time over the lightsaber multiplayer :) i wanna see my enemies expressions better, just before a huge object crashes into them XD.

Sun May 11, 2008 4:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

.... so yourt going to be palying the game in slow motion eh kyle :P, yeah maybe the graphics are better and ive seen vids of the multiplayer and tbh it does look well s*** >-< but id rather have immersive controls otherwise its will be well boring XD

Sun May 11, 2008 4:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I'll be lazy this time and use a mouse and keyboard i thinks. and slow motion? that'd be a sweet option in some case :P.

but i'm sure si given a few weeks could configure a wii mote to the PC if he wanted to XD.

Sun May 11, 2008 4:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

lol slow motion of you spliting someones head open with lightsaber XD

Sun May 11, 2008 5:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Slow motion of you getting killed by a rival jedi's lightsaber XD

Sun May 11, 2008 5:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

:O cheeky little....twiglet..... :S XD

slow motion of kyle falling from a building.... falling.....................falling....... falling still .................offs hurry up............. T-T ........................splat

:P jks

Sun May 11, 2008 5:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Wow i;m gonna be in a star wars game! :O

Wait, i didn't sign for anything......................How do i claim royalties?

Sun May 11, 2008 6:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Heh, I doubt Si could get the WiiMote to work with the PC version of the game, as the Wii version will have lots of extra code for the WiiMote.

As for sticking a story onto a good engine, if they've done it right, they'll create a good balance. It's been done before, and a good engine is not exclusive of a good story. Of course, this does have a large possibility of being a moneyspinner.

Sun May 11, 2008 6:58 pm 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
this game does look pretty good :)
any confirmed release date yet?
i think this is the uber physics engine one, but i don't know how they make it work on PS2 :S

Sun May 11, 2008 7:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

the release date is 19th september as stated in first post... if the story is good enough i may get this, either that or let someone make the mistake in buying it first :P

Sun May 11, 2008 7:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
kyhas wrote:
I'm looking forward to this game, but it seems more of a look at what our engines can do with a story stuck onto it to showcase it. Any one else feel this way a little bit as well or only me?

still minus the fact i do not have a wii, i think i prefer the graphics this time over the lightsaber multiplayer :) i wanna see my enemies expressions better, just before a huge object crashes into them XD.

Since when do Storm Troopers HAVE expressions?! xD

Both me and Nicholai are getting it... I might end up with it twidce too ;) IF its any good, Ill get the Wii version first, and if its REALLY good, ill get the 360 one too :)

Sun May 11, 2008 10:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

No but rebel guards have the expressions so you can see those :P

Mon May 12, 2008 3:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

DHR-107 wrote:
if its REALLY good, ill get the 360 one too :)

a) wont be that good tbh
b) biggest waste of money ever????
c) BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY EVER!!!!!??????

Mon May 12, 2008 5:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Not the biggest waste ever, I've seen worse, such as a certain £14000 govemernment logo...

If I get it it will probably be the PC version, unless the Wii LS controls are really good.

Mon May 12, 2008 5:37 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

ROFL XD that is the funniest logo ever! read the article about turning it 90 degrees does look rather.... well dirrty :P XD

tbh the wii controls are the only reason im getting this otherwise it doesnt interest me.

Mon May 12, 2008 6:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
ash128 wrote:
DHR-107 wrote:
if its REALLY good, ill get the 360 one too :)

a) wont be that good tbh
b) biggest waste of money ever????
c) BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY EVER!!!!!??????

Not really.. I have money to spend at the moment... Granted I might not then xD

But it would be good to compare the two of them! Logo = WORST ONE EVER, bar from London 2012 ones ¬¬

LS controls should be good, I dont think they will be perfect mapping but maybe something close so you can have youre own style would be awesome :)

Tue May 13, 2008 6:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yes the London one was worse! (I warn you this is just a tad dodgy!)

The LS controls have a lot of potential to be able to track general motion. Perfect tracking would probably be bad, actually, as it would probably be quite jerky (due to the size of the WiiMote).

Tue May 13, 2008 6:39 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Skillers wrote:
Not the biggest waste ever, I've seen worse, such as a certain £14000 govemernment logo...

If I get it it will probably be the PC version, unless the Wii LS controls are really good.

MY BLOG!!! LINK TO MY BLOG!!! :<

Alternatively:

Metritutus wrote:
MY BOG!!! LINK TO MY BOG!!! :<

Yes I am feeling random today. DISUPET ME!!! :weebl:

Tue May 13, 2008 6:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That article had the image in it. Anyway, back on topic?

I really hope this is the game I saw a tech demo video of a while back, showing people (Stormtroopers, I think) being thrown at objects (which broke realistically, I think there was a stained glass yoda too). It was some really impressive stuff.

Tue May 13, 2008 7:15 pm