It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: Pokemon black/white

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
If Dave had a playtime counter................ :P

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:25 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Hawke wrote:
Well at least in the 6 months your hardware is actually useful! Pokemon lasts what... 6 weeks tops? :P

Why buy any game? Because they're fun and you get enjoyment out of them. Plus, spending all your money on hardware is just silly. TBH, Pokemon games have offered some of the best value games I've ever bought (definitely with regards to single player games).

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:44 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Skillers wrote:
Hawke wrote:
Well at least in the 6 months your hardware is actually useful! Pokemon lasts what... 6 weeks tops? :P

Why buy any game? Because they're fun and you get enjoyment out of them. Plus, spending all your money on hardware is just silly. TBH, Pokemon games have offered some of the best value games I've ever bought (definitely with regards to single player games).

Pretty much goes against what you've been saying about fifa games being a waste of money. Or EA games such as NFS in general.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:46 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Erm, don't think I've said anything like that, atleast not recently. I don't like football games and have heard the NFS games have gone downhill. As for EA, they seem to be getting out of their habit of releasing tons of shovelware and actually making solid, interesting games now. But anyway, that's not the point of this thread.

As for the whole letters thing, the Kotaku article was updated:

Quote:
UPDATE 2 - Jon Sahagian from PokeBeach tells us that while actual copies of the game are currently shipping to his staff from Japan, the images in question posted on his website were taken from an illegal ROM copy of the game, hence Nintendo's action (though we have yet to hear back from Nintendo of America on the matter).

Makes more sense, using piracy for content makes it a bit more dodgy...

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:50 am 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Yeah, apparently Serebii was playing from a ROM as well, even though he had an actual copy too :S

Nintendo are also giving Pokebeach and Serebii contradicting rules on what they can and can't post, so it's all gotten a bit messy. Shame really as some of the biggest fan sites on the net have been crippled :/

@Kyhas, don't start :P But I agree with Skillers, I've got hundreds and hundreds of hours of play time on the games for like maybe £200 in total? And I've probably played them for well over 3k hours. ~6p an hour isn't bad.

We have finally found the "Ending" of the game, defeating the Champion after beating the Elite 4 twice and finishing off most of the Team Plasma side quests. It seems a lot more about exploring and discovering new stuff then it used too. Also, there are a few roaming legendaries which appear after you've defeated certain members of Team Plasma. I am getting pretty stoked about the changes they've made! :) Seems like it'll be the best one yet (Famitsu gave it 40/40).

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I heard he was waiting for his real copy to get in from Japan, so was playing from a ROM, however this was made obvious by his posts (something about experience) and Nintendo wouldn't take kindly to it (especially as they couldn't know if he actually did own it).

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:23 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Yeah, but he posted pretty quickly with a photo of the box/manual etc :/ Which is why I was confused...

And yeah basically the first like rival fight he got no XP, which basically meant it was a pirated copy :P

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Cant wait for this! ive already planned my team and starter LOL its bad but i prefer some one the japanese names that they have been given. Mijumaru looks awesome as does Yanappu. Mamepato is the worst starting flying type ive seen and wont be gettign one lol. I like the fact hiihidaruma has two formes. Megoruko has an awesome evolution.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The Starters english names have been revealed and are...well crap :/ and so ill be sticking with the japenese names.

Tsutarja (grass snake) is now Snivy (snake and ivy...clever)
Pokabu (fire pig) is called Tepig ( the worst of the lot, i just keeping thinking "the pig")
Mijumaru ( sea otter) is called the somewhat unpronounceable Oshawott (wott were they thinking??)

opinions??

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Opinions is you get Snivy and rename Smugleaf = Win game again!

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Nothing wrong with the new Starters names imo. More annoyed about Isshu being changed than anything.

Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott are awesome names :)

And I think Oshawott is a condense of Off Shore Otter. Can't wait for other English names to come around :P

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
I love Mewtwo. Most awesome pokemon ever created.

I also love the irony when Mewtwo trashes Arceus :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Hawke wrote:

Lol, totally off point. :roll:

And I don't recall Arceus and Mewtwo ever clashing in Official material.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
DHR-107 wrote:
Hawke wrote:

Lol, totally off point. :roll:

And I don't recall Arceus and Mewtwo ever clashing in Official material.

It's off point but who cares?

And they haven't clashed officially, but they should and Mewtwo should win just for the irony and awesomeness. I merely commented that as I watched a pokemon battle and Mewtwo thrashed Arceus in one move iirc. Was really awesome :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Release date of March the 6th in America it seems, which probably puts our release anywhere from Easter to July sometime :/

Also, there were names of the 3 Monkeys have also been revealed the other day, the Grass one is called Pansage, the fire is called Pansear and the water one is called Panpour. fairly easy to see where they got the names for these ones from :)

Pan refers to a Genus of monkeys which includes the Bonobo and Common Chimpanzee. The latter half of the names refer to a plant, searing heat and pouring water :)

EDIT: Some more names have come out of the woodwork this evening.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/572.shtml
Chilarmy has been renamed "Minccino" (And boundless arguments on how pronounce it).

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/526.shtml
Gigiasu/Gigaiath has been renamed "Gigalith" which seems rather apt considering it'sa massive rock.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/551.shtml
Meguroco has become "Sandile". I assume this family will appear similar in naming convention to Totodile, Croconaw and Feraligtr.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/522.shtml
Shimama has become "Blitzle". Most definitely in reference to "Blitz", the german word for lightning.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/519.shtml
Mamepato has become "Pidove"... A slightly infuriatingly dull name :/ Simply slammed Pigeon and Dove together.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/599.shtml
Gear has become "Klink"... Which I think is both hilarious and awesome at the same time.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/555.shtml
Hihidurama has also been named as "Darmantian". No clue where the name comes from apart from the Darma part :/

Also three abilities have been named, and our regional professor this time around is "Professor Juniper". Of course, another bush/tree. :)

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

More English names :D Also, Black and White will be released on the 4th of March this year. The first time that a proper Pokemon game has come out in Europe before America.

Intersting additions in the form of Braviary, Patrat, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Cofagrigus, Drilbur, Axew and Woobat.
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/628.shtml
Braviary - Likely comes from Brave and Aviary. Okayish name I guess, certainly better than "Wargle".
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/504.shtml
Patrat - Not a lot they could of done here... Apart from the fact he's a Gopher :/
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/576.shtml
Gothitelle - Goth with a feminine ending (Couldn't think of the word I wanted lol)
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/579.shtml
Reuniclus - Your guess is as good as mine here :/
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/563.shtml
Cofagrigus - Presumably comes from both Coffin and Sarcophagus.
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/529.shtml
Drilbur - Drill and Buried I guess... Not bad, but I instantly thought of Excadrill for its evolution because of this.
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/610.shtml
Axew - Probably comes from the shape of its head
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/527.shtml
Woobat - I think this is because its kinda cut and cuddly :/ Reckon it's evo will be Swoobat.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/518.shtml
Musharna keeps its Japanese name like its prevolution.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Nannal wrote:

This Song makes me so sad. :'(
It's so true.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

woop we get it before the US! we are getting it on 4th of March :) so im preordering off amazon as soon as i get money.
also was reading ONM today and they revealed some new names

alomomola is the new name for mammanbou
and Excadril doryzuu which is evo for drilbur
and sewaddle instead of kurumiru :)

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I dunno if i'll have the money, maybe its a good thing :/

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
Honestly, you can tell they're starting to run out of names.

Oh well, if anything else this will be worth getting for the Samuel L Jackson pokemon.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Most of the names are OK imo :/

Shame they did another Palindrome pokemon though... Girafig had a niche in that regard ;)

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:23 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

All the English names have been released :) Time to start learning them now :P Most are okay, some terrible ones (But what gen hasn't had some tacky names).

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

If anyones got this and wants to do online battling or entralink or anything then wanna swap friend codes??

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:29 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

I could do lol :P

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

HA! ill text u my friend code then! how far have you got on it?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail