It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Pokemon black/white

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: sparksftw

It's for the DS. So ummm yeah... graphics look nice.... uhhh.... umm.... lots better 3D.... new battle scene looks umm cool... uhh

Seriously? ANOTHER ONE? :/

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Pokemon black/white

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
I think that looks bad lol.

Also just looks like a "how can we sell another game :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD i know add two new features!!!" kinda thing :<

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
Well, compared to the previous DS installments, the graphics are a monumental leap. Compared to other DS games... it's up there, still not the best though.

And yeah, i think remakes would take the cake for that but how many more pokemon can you possibly add? I'm just waiting for a over 9000 pokedex now...

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

well, they've already been selling stuff like fire red. I guess it's nice to buy a game for nostalgia and stuff but seriously ><.

personally i couldn't purchase a pokemon game because i may as well wait for a new one to come out anyway D:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

/waits for Dave.

It looks pretty good though, and for obvious reasons I won't be getting Pokemon Black.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

the racism? ;o

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Pokemon is a waste of money. You buy it, about 6 months later a newer version with more features is released. Save it for computer parts so you can pwn@LAN10lolol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
To be fair, it's closer to yearly or more for the handheld versions ><

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:04 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
More like 2 or 3 years between main installments >_>

4th generation (Diamond/Pearl) was released in 2007 so :/ and Fire Red and Leaf Green were released just after Ruby Sapphire aswell :/ So I dont know what Hawke is on about.

It's following the same pattern they've always had in terms of release dates.

I know I'm going to end up getting at least one of them so... I'm expecting about an increase of 100 or so pokemon. Probably upto about 600. All we know so far is Zoroak is Dark typed and isnt a starter pokemon, and seems to be the pair of Lucario.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

I knew we had a thread on this :D

Lot's of leaks now what with it being released on Saturday in Japan, a full 6 monthsish before the Americans get it...

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml All of the new Sprites (as far as we know) and Base Stats for all the Non evolving and full evolved Pokemon. massive power creep compared to other generations, in terms of a LOT of things have bases of over 130 (To put that into perspective, around 80-95 is an average stat).

Some of the more interesting Pokemon are the Archaeopteryx based Fossil, which on the surface has monstrous stats, but then it's ability "Weak Kneed" halves it's stats when it's health drops below 50%. #553, the Red Crocodile (Warubiaru) also has decent stats and a good typing. "Earthquake Spiral" is known to Increase your attack for every Pokemon it knocks out. #555 also looks good, with base 140 Attack (Higher than Dragonites), and 95 speed (Tie with Primeape/Jynx).

We also have Pokemon based on a Trash Bag, a Swan and more importantly an Ice Cream Cone (#582~584). There is also a flaming chandelier (#607~609) and an Ant Eater/Ant combo which seems to be similar to the Seviper/Zangoose sort of relationship. Lot's of legendaries which are sure to change the Uber's Metagame because there stats seem to be all over the place and typings seem to be very odd. Actually, all of the Metagames are going to be screwed up by these things. Either only a few will make it to OU, because their defences are bad... Or they will completely flood stuff and everything will change :P

Overall, very few water types, lots of Bug/Steel/Fighting types and generally higher stats on most stuff. 156 Brand new Pokemon taking it to a total of 649.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Watch this video on Youtube.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:59 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

There's a pokemon listed BEFORE the starters? :/

Also 590/591 = new Voltorb/PowerPlant area.

641 = first pure flying type? Though judging by 642 and 645 (why aren't they next to each other?) It's part of a flying trio and is missing it's type.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:06 am 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Yeah, we have no idea why that trio is differently spaced compared to the other trios we've had. The "Fighting Type" ones are probably the true Trio (As in Birds, Dogs, Golems, Pixie/Fairy things), and the Flying ones seem to be some other thing, but no one really knows what yet. We also do not know why 494 or 000 depending on the dex is listed before the starters, only thing I can think of is it was left over from DPPt, and they never introduced it.

Yeah, 590 will probably take over Pokeball lookalike duties from our dutiful Voltorb :P

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Just read, you get given another starter-like (511-516) during the game? I wonder if you chose or whether it's based on your starter type, though sounds like it will make closing your starter less important.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:48 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hawke wrote:
Pokemon is a waste of money. You buy it, about 6 months later a newer version with more features is released. Save it for computer parts so you can pwn@LAN10lolol

And in another 6 months, you could have gotten even better hardware for the same amount of money!

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
ICE CREAM POKEMON!!!

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:45 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Well, we're slowly starting to get learnsets and TM lists for all the new stuff. TM's have gotten a new list, which means there are no item trades from 4th Gen.

Also, the place called the "Dream World" has given pretty much every Pokemon a new ability... With some interesting additions. http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml A lot of these are okay, including Technician Breloom (Boosts the power of moves below 60BP) and possibly game breaking Speed Boost Blaziken (Gets a +1 in speed at the end of every turn). Politoed is already being considered Uber because it get's Kyogre's ability Drizzle. Interestingly, Hitmonlee gets Unburden (Which doubles it's speed after it gets rid of its Hold item) which means he could move up in tiers aswell. Poison heal Gliscor is also a scary thought (When Poisoned, you regenerate health).

The only issue with some of these abilities as we do not think they are able to be passed onto Eggs. This means they will lose very valuable egg moves... But some Pokemon do not mind that, such as Gyrados (with Earthquake Spiral, which raises Attack one stage when you score a KO) who doesn't get any egg moves anyway.

The general game seems more story based than before according to people who are currently playing. A lot of battles with Team Plasma, the new Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic. You also seem to have more help in trying to stop them from other characters. As a side note, "Looker" from Platinum apparently makes an appearance too.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

What is this dream world? I haven't heard it mentioned before, sounds... odd.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:09 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Series 1 - Episode 27 – Hypno’s Naptime;
I believe it was referenced in there, as the Hypno was sending the Pokefans to sleep, and as a side affect Pokemon in the town went to sleep, and did whatever the Hypno wanted.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Skillers wrote:
What is this dream world? I haven't heard it mentioned before, sounds... odd.

I don't really know. It seems to be an extra area in the game which you are forced to enter to do some of a side quest. Instead of Hypno taking you there, one of the new Pokemon (Munna/Musharna) has the ability to take you there.

This game seems to be a LOT longer than any of the previous games. Even HGSS could take as little as 50~60 hours with 16 gyms. But this game seems to take more like 80+ as an average game time. It's the third day since people have gotten copies, and we still haven't found an "End point" to the game yet (Such as beating the Champion).

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:29 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
http://kotaku.com/5642547/report-ninten ... of-pokemon

Just to throw this in nintendo threatened legal action against seribii and the other site in question for showing unauthorised pics that day early

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Just a little heavy handed on Nintendo there...

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:33 am 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Considering everyone now has access to those images if they purchase the game it does seem a little wierd. I should of mentioned that in my other post.

A quick image explaining why someone thinks it's a fake. A lot of their reasons seem pretty solid in terms of legal mistakes. If it is indeed a fake, I don't hold it against Serebii or PokeBeach taking anything down... Because they essentially exist on Nintendo's games. Whether it's fake or not, they've done the right thing in the short term. But either way, the owners of those sites should already be talking to Nintendo of Japan (Not America) about the content that they can post. NoA should have no say in the matter because they are getting info from the NoJ releases.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Fair enough, to be expected really. I mean why not try to ruin everyone's fun on a day of excitement seeing all the new pokemon.

Damn Trolls.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:18 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Harry wrote:
Hawke wrote:

And in another 6 months, you could have gotten even better hardware for the same amount of money!

Well at least in the 6 months your hardware is actually useful! Pokemon lasts what... 6 weeks tops? :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 am 
 Profile E-mail