It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Portal update -> Portal 2 Announced

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
valentines

link

Bit disappointed actually, was expecting it to be less...

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:04 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
If I buy it on the ps3 is it still free on pc/ :p

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:56 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

IT should be, yes, though they haven't said anything more since the first announcement, to my knowledge.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:06 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

cool, gonna buy it on ps3 if that's the case ^_^

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Skillers wrote:
valentines

link

Bit disappointed actually, was expecting it to be less...

It's a full-fledged game now, I expected it to be a full-price thing.

As for that video, I realled enjoyed it. I love the music in the background. ><

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

How long is the game expected to be? If it's as long as portal 1 is then that price is very steep.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney wrote:
How long is the game expected to be? If it's as long as portal 1 is then that price is very steep.

A lot longer, I can't remember how long though, it was roughly mentioned in an interview/article I read a while back I'm sure...I'll try to find it.

EDIT:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/09/10/inter ... l-2-ideas/

Erik Wolpaw wrote:
The single player’s about six hours, and the co-op is about six hours currently, give or take a little by the time we ship.

Considering the original Portal could be completed in around half an hour to an hour by the average speed runner/gamer respectively, and the record is something daft like 15-20 minutes... :P

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I hate how game completion times are getting shorter and yet still charging like £30 :(

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney wrote:
I hate how game completion times are getting shorter and yet still charging like £30 :(

I suppose it depends on what the game is. The original Half-life was what....six hours or so?

Where as a game like Civilization 2....well it's best not to even THINK about how long that could last. :P

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

The original half life took me far longer than 6 hours to complete i'm sure :p

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney wrote:
The original half life took me far longer than 6 hours to complete i'm sure :p

You're tempting me to play it and time myself now. :P

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I think me and Dave have been playing sven co op and I'm fairly sure we've played like ~4 hours and are only at the marines. I'm not sure though. And ofc I know roughly where to go having completed it before xD

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney wrote:
I think me and Dave have been playing sven co op and I'm fairly sure we've played like ~4 hours and are only at the marines. I'm not sure though. And ofc I know roughly where to go having completed it before xD

I could have sworn that Sven Coop modified the original game to make it a fair bit harder so that it was more of a challenge for multiple players...

Also, you're playing Sven Coop!? :D :D

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Probably, but me and helly lay down THE LAW on anything/everything.

Yes, we've been playing sven co-op recently. Steam friends should tell you this? :p

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney wrote:
Probably, but me and helly lay down THE LAW on anything/everything.

Yes, we've been playing sven co-op recently. Steam friends should tell you this? :p

I honestly hadn't noticed. Got room for one more the next time you play? I have great memories of Sven Coop. :)

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Of course you can :p. But bear in mind we banter a lot and lol at each others failures on the game xD (dave can't jump LMAO)

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney wrote:
Of course you can :p. But bear in mind we banter a lot and lol at each others failures on the game xD (dave can't jump LMAO)

The banter is what makes it a good time. :D

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

There's a part near the start of the game where you have to jump across somewhere to get a ladder (and them climb like 3 ladders). If you fall you die. I watched Dave fail for like 20 mins lmao. Oh and this is after he mocked me failing the first time ^_^

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Playthrough times are typically given as the first playthrough for an average player:

Portal would be 3hrs.
HL would be 10+hrs.

I do hope we will be able to get Portal 2 for ~£20, either through an Amazon/Play pricing war or through some sort of pack deal on Steam. I also hope they properly support it after release, atleast with the making of community content official.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:19 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I would expect steam pre-order prices to be cheaper anyway in the end? Will probably still buy it even if it does stay expensive.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney wrote:
There's a part near the start of the game where you have to jump across somewhere to get a ladder (and them climb like 3 ladders). If you fall you die. I watched Dave fail for like 20 mins lmao. Oh and this is after he mocked me failing the first time ^_^

That's from Office Complex, where there is a scientist who falls. My memory of this game is horribly sad. :D

But yea, I'm happy with awesome fun like that. :P

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam preorders will probably be 10% off judging by the past. If they do a double pack it would probably be 25% off like the 4 packs, making a total discount of 32.5%, bringing the price to just over £20.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:33 pm 

I'm hoping to get it retail. :)

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Why am I not surprised Met :P

Also, who wants to go in a 2 pack with me :P

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/

Wow, lame 2 pack savings, looks like it's going to disappear on release as it's not cheaper without discount.

I'm rather disappointed with how much Valve are charging these days. Next thing we know is they'll be charging full price for Ep3.

I really don't get why they've abandoned their awesome pricing practices :(

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:27 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next